Vox Populi Announcement

And you're the guy in class who always has to !@#$ on everyone's parade even though the parade sucks but you can't stand letting people have their fun long enough for other people to get a good laugh about it. You're also that guy who says "people people" HAHAHA

Did I really do that? Dang. I guess my burn is downgraded into a slightly warm sensation for that one. :(

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most effective thing Vox ever did was become the main information channel in CN, mainly by exploiting a very effective spy network (that existed long before Vox actually did), then releasing said information through mouthpieces like Sponge and Doitzel, who are very good at putting just the right spin on information to influence the Masses (many of whom are kept in the dark by the leadership of their own alliances, or otherwise have no REAL idea what's actually going on).

In short, Vox fought the NPO with the same exact tools the NPO itself has always used. Not entirely surprising, when you consider how many ex-NPO higher ups ultimately wound up in Vox. They also benefitted from the fact that the NPO has relaxed their own PR machine as of late, basically relying on fear and power to maintain their position rather than influence and public opinion. Vox was able to step into that vacuum, and with no major competition, were able to influence opinions across the Cyberverse.

Does that mean Vox took down the NPO single-handedly? Of course not. Does that mean that no one would have been willing to stand up to the NPO if Vox had never existed? No. Does that mean that everyone who opposes the NPO are mind-controlled puppets of Vox? Absolutely not. But did Vox help accelerate the forming discontent against the NPO by using PR to erode popular support for the NPO, and otherwise encourage people to resist who might otherwise have tried to stay neutral? Without question.

Many people underestimate the value of a good PR campaign. Those people tend to lose wars. Vox certainly played a role in the drama currently playing out, and while it might not have been the only role, or even the most important role, they certainly have a great deal to be proud of.

Well said. Here's the tl;dr: sig-1-1.png

Nah. NPO are the jocks. You guys are more like the kids who were in the football team a few years back but stopped growing and have been left by the wayside. Now you're the Kings of the Nerds; the nerds look up to you because you were once jocks and you try and maintain popularity in your new group by dismissing that way of life, but inside you're bitter and would really like nothing more than to get back inside that locker room and be around your old pals again.

Hm. Weird analogy. I don't recall ever being a jock, but I have led Vox Populi at one point, and was a founder. Your analogy works for Doitzel and Sponge, and beyond that, nobody else. Besides, nobody in Vox is looking to become a jock again, we are looking to become regular students, not bound by PZI lists, nothing more.

Sweet, is this where we say how evil and oppressive IRON is? Or is that just NPO? Or is it any alliance who was once allied with the evil 1V/Q? If so, death to;

Gramlins

FOK

Sparta

MHA

TPF

Valhalla

NATO

MCXA

IRON

NpO

NPO

GGA

Echelon

Long live whatever alliance is not on that list, we have been oppressed far too long by those listed above! :jihad:

Edited by Tek

Sweet, is this where we say how evil and oppressive IRON is? Or is that just NPO? Or is it any alliance who was once allied with the evil 1V/Q? If so, death to;

Gramlins

FOK

Sparta

MHA

TPF

Valhalla

NATO

MCXA

IRON

NpO

NPO

GGA

Echelon

Long live whatever alliance is not on that list, we have been oppressed far too long by those listed above! :jihad:

Your simplistic view of the world is laughable.

Gramlins

FOK

Sparta

MHA

TPF

Valhalla

NATO

MCXA

IRON

NpO

NPO

GGA

Echelon

Hey, you left us off your list! :rolleyes:

Nice thread, Doitzel. You still have that way with words.

Ahh, I see, waffling is pointing out the alliances who have had a long-standing history of fighting on the side of "tyranny", who now suppose themselves more morally virtuous, in a war whose sole purpose is to seek justice from supposed wrongdoings they repeatedly helped commit.

Edited by Tek

Please point out where I have fought on the side of tyranny.

Gramlins fought alongside the rest of us in Q at one point, and since people are crying for justice for the "evils" Q/1V helped commit, you get to be part of the faceless and repressive entity the rest of us get lumped into.

Please point out where I have fought on the side of tyranny.

If we go around all day throwing accusations at each other and discounting people's statements, then we'll get nowhere. Maybe Gramlins fought with tyranny, maybe not. I know I have. I fought in >_</\m/ with the Initiative in that period after GWIII when we killed off our own members. I didn't really think too much about it when it happened. Only later, when the Initiative started to fracture and info leaked out did I realize how badly we had screwed over FAN and VE. There are many more guilty parties than non-guilty parties. The difference is that some of us are more guilty than others. Some, like myself, are guilty by association. Others are guilty of planning and executing those imperialistic and hegemonic maneuvers. The fact of the matter is that lots of members of the former group have found out about the crimes of the latter and are now angry at them. Some in Vox Populi were cognizant and involved in these crimes but later on decided that they were against them. Doitzel is one example (see De Profundis) of many. The bottom line is that many people were involved in the tyranny of NPO over the years, but the blame for all of that tyranny lies on the shoulders of a small group of people that now form the core of Hegemony. I'm talking about the Emperor of the NPO, the Imperial Officers, and the highest governments of their allies.

tl;dr: The crimes of the NPO were committed by hundreds, but the blame lies on a few.

If it gets Näktergal posting this much, we need a war every month.

icon12.gif

It's absolutely the war that has me posting - I basically went from barely checking my own alliance's forums 3-4 times a week to spending far too much time every day on both our forums and CN's because I want to keep an eye on events so I know if I'm going to have to get ready to start nuking people.

If you had a war every month, though, the quality of my posts would probably start to drop off. Partly because I'd probably develop an ulcer by month 3, and because I'd be ranting about how much you all suck by month 5. :P

If you had a war every month, though, the quality of my posts would probably start to drop off. Partly because I'd probably develop an ulcer by month 3, and because I'd be ranting about how much you all suck by month 5. :P

You think it'd take 5 months? :P

Oh, and don't forget the additional, non Q/1V, evils that helped oppress GPA by battling them to a pulp;

VE

Umbrella

The Green Civil War was not a wonderful time for VE either, from what I've heard since. Be that as it may, I'm more surprised that VE is absent from the longer list of alliances that had once been allied to Q/1V.

Gramlins

FOK

Sparta

MHA

TPF

Valhalla

NATO

MCXA

IRON

NpO

NPO

GGA

Echelon

lolwut?