Vox Populi Announcement

I'm just curious to see what will happen to Vox after NPO is knocked down a notch or two. Once their raison d'ĂȘtre has expired, what then? Will they continue to police the largest nations for any imperialistic tendencies?

I believe that once this war is over, Vox will have a very large party, shout "Hooray!" and then disband.

Also, with regard to the OP - tl;dr :awesome:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the implied point of the game is to be the top power, and the nature of exerting one's power often involves imposing one's will over others who covet that power, there will forever be a cycle disgruntled people at the bottom who overwhelm their masters at the top. A perpetual wheel of revolution and counter-revolution.

I don't think this is about stopping your wheel, it's about making sure the wheel rotates more freely. The struggle for the top spot will be much more interesting if the alliance in that spot didn't crush and hold down, for years at a time, those alliances trying to challenge it.

What's more interesting is that people think they are personally responsible for such actions but are, in fact, only operating through a well established pattern of human behavior. They themselves are puppets of social biology and the tenancies of all the losers to conspire to overthrow the winners. If Vox were not in existence, another group would have done the same.

First, I think you are dead wrong about individual's actions only being a part of human behavior. Second, it doesn't matter one bit if you think someone else would have done what Vox did. Vox did it, and they deserve the credit, not some other group that would have done the same.

Edited by Ragashingo

Good read doitzel. I miss being shunned and yelled at by you for past shenanigans while having a certain someone in my alliance. (I still can't bear to utter the words, you were right)

Always liked you, despite a few small differences, and hope, pray, and fight for not only your freedom, but the freedom of everyone's right to play this game. (Well, everyone except hackers and /b/ombers)

Also, I will give you 17 poptarts if you change your avvy back to the sexy guy with the ripped abs. I miss that avvy.

Excellent read Doitzel. People would be wise to heed these words and not allow the NPO to regain its position of hegemony. Let us not make the same mistakes we all made in the past.

I believe it would also be wise to ensure that karma does not become another NPO, which is how they are looking right now.

I don't want to trade one tyrant for another, no matter how many cute mario sigs they have.

I don't think this is about stopping your wheel, it's about making sure the wheel rotates more freely. The struggle for the top spot will be much more interesting if the alliance in that spot didn't crush and hold down, for years at a time, those alliances trying to challenge it.

True enough.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."~ Tommy J.

(that's Thomas Jefferson)

First, I think you are dead wrong about individual's actions only being a part of human behavior. Second, it doesn't matter one bit if you think someone else would have done what Vox did. Vox did it, and they deserve the credit, not some other group that would have done the same.

First, every act of a human is part of human behavior, some of it is so ingrained that patterns can ascertained.

Second, you're right, it doesn't matter what I think, or what you think, for that matter, because the those patterns will continue to repeat themselves with or with out us. BUT, and this ties in to my first and your second point, it *does* matter that some one else would have perform the same acts as Vox, because the more we can step back and look at what they did objectively, the more we understand these patterns through study and reflection, the better one can replicate them (or defend against them, depending on where one stands at the time).

I'm not trying to "take any credit away" from Vox. The events set in motion may not have occurred as quickly had there been a less skilled group of people doing it. Or it may happened quicker with a more skilled set of people. I'm simply pointing out that *some* of what happened, what is happening, and what will happen, is inevitable. The fall of NPO will happen as surely as spring follows winter. But, depending on the skill of the players involved, unlike the unchangeable rotation of the seasons, people have a degree of control over the *timing* of these events.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Good read doitzel. I miss being shunned and yelled at by you for past shenanigans while having a certain someone in my alliance. (I still can't bear to utter the words, you were right)

Always liked you, despite a few small differences, and hope, pray, and fight for not only your freedom, but the freedom of everyone's right to play this game. (Well, everyone except hackers and /b/ombers)

Also, I will give you 17 poptarts if you change your avvy back to the sexy guy with the ripped abs. I miss that avvy.

Don't worry. Another alliance (this one on the opposing side this war) has fallen victim to the treachery of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. History repeats. I thank you for the kind words. Nueva Vida has stood for what is right and stood by our mutual friends in the darkest hours. I do not forget.

I believe it would also be wise to ensure that karma does not become another NPO, which is how they are looking right now.

I don't want to trade one tyrant for another, no matter how many cute mario sigs they have.

We're watching.

Won't be happening. If I see it come to that I will loudly protest.

I don't think the one with the aspiration of replacing the NPO is in this war.

Edited by der_ko

Karma is not a bloc. Its a gathering of seperate organizations that happen to have the same goals at this point in time. If NPO is actually removed that will change rather quickly.

Can you teach me to see the future like you do?

Easy. Just take as much hallucinogenic substances into you, and your government as possible. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :awesome:

In all seriousness, do you really think that once the position of almighty power is vacated, it'll stay that way?

Easy. Just take as much hallucinogenic substances into you, and your government as possible. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :awesome:

In all seriousness, do you really think that once the position of almighty power is vacated, it'll stay that way?

People need to get out of the mindset that there has to be one alliance lording over the rest of us or we're going to be right back here in two years.

People need to get out of the mindset that there has to be one alliance lording over the rest of us or we're going to be right back here in two years.

Sorry, don't think I explained myself fully.

I don't think there HAS, or NEEDS to be one alliance being the big bad, as it were. But, there will be, I don't doubt, or a bloc will at any rate.

Sorry, don't think I explained myself fully.

I don't think there HAS, or NEEDS to be one alliance being the big bad, as it were. But, there will be, I don't doubt, or a bloc will at any rate.

This will almost surely come to pass. However, no alliance in the history of CN has wielded the power across the spectrum that NPO has. No matter who takes up the mantle, whether it's a single alliance or a new bloc, they won't have the same political and military pull that Pacifica has always had. If and when this does happen, it will not be as long lived as people think. It takes an obscene amount of effort and dedication to stay on top, as Pacifica and Polaris, as well as many of these Vox guys (being ex-Order themselves) can attest to.

Edited by Lady Gaga

This will almost surely come to pass. However, no alliance in the history of CN has wielded the power across the spectrum that NPO has. No matter who takes up the mantle, whether it's a single alliance or a new bloc, they won't have the same political and military pull that Pacifica has always had. If and when this does happen, it will not be as long lived as people think. It takes an obscene amount of effort and dedication to stay on top, as Pacifica and Polaris, as well as many of these Vox guys (being ex-Order themselves) can attest to.

So what you're saying is alliance politics will actually be competitive again?

Tragic!

:ehm:

Mm, I agree entirely with that. No other alliance that I can think of has wielded such power, over its own sphere, and not to mention across the rest of the Planet. I agree, Pacifica has one hell of a legacy, that if, or should I say when, someone replaces them, they won't have anywhere near the shear power that NPO has wielded.

All the same, the war is far from finished, so they may yet prevail.

This is what we face, what we struggle against: the two-faced spectre of injustice incarnated, a group of schoolyard bullies who act innocent when the headmaster strolls past, then punches the other students’ faces in when her back is turned. So they have done to countless alliances, and even now they continue to hold countless nations by the throat for relatively minor offenses. They fancy themselves the purveyors of all laws, imposing and enforcing rules of war, disallowing other alliances to practice certain activities, and setting territorial limits upon them.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel: you. So far the first, most important step along a path of social revolution has been taken and we have begun our journey toward a world where mutual respect for sovereignty and differing opinions is the foundation upon which our political world is built. But still, there is much to be done! These World Police types, imposing international law through the force of their martial might, will snatch it away at the first presented opportunity and we must not give them that! We must harden our hearts and do all that is necessary to ensure the future safety of our alliances, our nations, and our friends against the indiscriminate persecution of those whose sole purpose is power. Let there be no mistake: so long as any of us exist to take stand against these brutes, we shall not be safe. That is their worldview. Your existence is a threat to their power, and stomping you is their means of exerting their control over their own drones and the frightened world at large.

We must not return to these dark ages. We must stand side-by-side without fear of destruction, because if we do not take a stand and fight here and now, it will come for us regardless. While our words may incite to action, words alone are not sufficient; there must be those that heed them. It is material control that gives the World Police a means to instill fear and social control and it is this material control that we must eliminate. A stand must be made, before a blow is struck to the fledgling free society we have created that we cannot recover from. If we do not all stand together now then we will fall, one by one. But if we stand together, our martial struggle will become either the last stand of the righteous, or the first triumph of the architects of our next great age. The path forward is clear.

The New Pacific Order must be stopped.

The citizens of the world must be freed.

The world has become wise to their political game and now, resorting to their preferred method, they are attempting to extinguish opposition with bullets and bombs. The world has clearly stood its ground against this latest bout of senseless aggression. Its allies are jumping ship or else reluctant to assist for they know the hour of our victory over them draws near. Rather than fight for their supposed friends without hesitation, like you or I, they seek to save only themselves.

Let us teach them the power of our resolve and the strength of our convictions. Let us march, once again, into the Gates of Hell and cackle in the face of Death. Let us fight, our shields overlapping, and show them the true significance of their statistics. Let us finish what we started.

Pro Populo!

For the Senate and People of Vox Populi,

Doitzel, Vox Dei

Prospective freedom fighters are free to fly our AA at their leisure. Those in alliances already opposing NPO and their hangers-on are advised not to abandon their alliances for eternal glory with Vox Populi.

You can feel how you like about the New Pacific Order, but if they fall as you want Doitzel, then for "Karma" or any of Karma's allies, or any of those who opposed NPO for these reasons to take any position of CN-wide power afterwards, would be hypocrisy at a high and shameful level. It would be like using one dictatorial government to take over another. Oh all "in the name of the people" of course. Now I'm not insinuating that that will happen, all I am saying is that I will not be as quick to judge "Karma" during this war as some people are, but rather to focus my attention on their actions afterwards, however war may end.