Vox Populi Announcement

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys, whatever happens right now, Vox Populi plays little role in it. But enjoy the illusion, your announcements are always entertaining and a service for the community at large. :)

Anu Drake said otherwise.

Anyway, I will admit this is mostly Karma's own doing, but to say that we had no role in this whatsoever is ridiculous.

Day by day you turn more into that which you hate. I congratulate you sir.

Oh well. Beats being in GGA.

also pics or it never happened

sorry guys, whatever happens right now, Vox Populi plays little role in it. But enjoy the illusion, your announcements are always entertaining and a service for the community at large. :)

Certainly true for the present, I do not deny. Similarly most of what has happened over the last 8 or 9 months has had little to do with the alliances in Karma. We set the stage and now you guys are dancing on it to the tune of nuclear explosions and tank motors. You'll get a standing ovation from us.

This will almost surely come to pass. However, no alliance in the history of CN has wielded the power across the spectrum that NPO has. No matter who takes up the mantle, whether it's a single alliance or a new bloc, they won't have the same political and military pull that Pacifica has always had. If and when this does happen, it will not be as long lived as people think. It takes an obscene amount of effort and dedication to stay on top, as Pacifica and Polaris, as well as many of these Vox guys (being ex-Order themselves) can attest to.

What I'm getting out of this, is that you support NPO just because they are more powerful then you?

Day by day, I'm even more convinced you know nothing about CN.

I believe it would also be wise to ensure that karma does not become another NPO, which is how they are looking right now.

I don't want to trade one tyrant for another, no matter how many cute mario sigs they have.

I do not think that the Mushroom Kingdom wants to be the next NPO of world affairs.

I don't think the one with the aspiration of replacing the NPO is in this war.

I do not think that The Order of the Paradox wants to be the next NPO of world affairs.

If Doitzel was selfish and powermongering like NPO is, then he wouldn't want a victory, because a victory against NPO and the dismantling of their power structure would mean the end of Vox Populi's mission, the end of our struggle, and the end of Vox Populi itself. Could NPO (or someone else) rise again to NPO's former unhealthy level of dominance in the future? Sure, it's possible. If that happens, somebody will start the struggle anew under a new name and likely with different methods.

We wish to see them defeated, soundly and completely, so that they may never revise the history books in their favour again. Beyond that, we just want peace. White peace.

You had your chance. Instead you gladly led Pacifically as it rebuilt after the CoaLUEtion did what Karma seeks to do now. Hypocrisy FTL! )):

You had your chance. Instead you gladly led Pacifically as it rebuilt after the CoaLUEtion did what Karma seeks to do now. Hypocrisy FTL! )):

That was Dilber actually. I do wish people would stop confusing us!

All kidding aside, I am tired of this misuse of the word "hypocrisy". Hypocrisy is when you claim to hold characteristics and values that you actually do not or actively contradict. This is not true. I am not the same person now that I was two and a half years ago. I have grown through experience and, of course, time. Likewise, the NPO of that time was not as it is now. We did not force alliances to disband, we did not seek to permanently destroy nations, we did not pursue eternal wars.

The present is not the past. Stop acting as if it is.

Doitzel:

We did not force alliances to disband, we did not seek to permanently destroy nations, we did not pursue eternal wars.

On top of that I don't think Karma is going after any of those things either. People on the NPO's side keep throwing out these crazy ideas of fantastically harsh terms they are positive Karma will lay on them when it just isn't true. The only reason I can imagine that they do this is because they've done it to others so often that they've forgotten what real peace terms look like.

That was Dilber actually. I do wish people would stop confusing us!

All kidding aside, I am tired of this misuse of the word "hypocrisy". Hypocrisy is when you claim to hold characteristics and values that you actually do not or actively contradict. This is not true. I am not the same person now that I was two and a half years ago. I have grown through experience and, of course, time. Likewise, the NPO of that time was not as it is now. We did not force alliances to disband, we did not seek to permanently destroy nations, we did not pursue eternal wars.

The present is not the past. Stop acting as if it is.

That is getting annoying... <_<

My apologies. :blush:

On top of that I don't think Karma is going after any of those things either. People on the NPO's side keep throwing out these crazy ideas of fantastically harsh terms they are positive Karma will lay on them when it just isn't true. The only reason I can imagine that they do this is because they've done it to others so often that they've forgotten what real peace terms look like.

It's okay - their cries of hypocrisy will not stem the tide of destruction that rolls across their nations, and then when it does stop and the peace is more merciful than they expected, they can either humble themselves and accept the alliances of Karma actually are more merciful and just, or take it as a sign of weakness, act like jerks again, and hopefully get beat down in round 2.

It's okay - their cries of hypocrisy will not stem the tide of destruction that rolls across their nations, and then when it does stop and the peace is more merciful than they expected, they can either humble themselves and accept the alliances of Karma actually are more merciful and just, or take it as a sign of weakness, act like jerks again, and hopefully get beat down in round 2.

I think that this is what's happening right now.

This is what we face, what we struggle against: the two-faced spectre of injustice incarnated, a group of schoolyard bullies who act innocent when the headmaster strolls past, then punches the other students’ faces in when her back is turned. So they have done to countless alliances, and even now they continue to hold countless nations by the throat for relatively minor offenses. They fancy themselves the purveyors of all laws, imposing and enforcing rules of war, disallowing other alliances to practice certain activities, and setting territorial limits upon them.

May I state the Irony of this clause considering the fact I was attacked by Vox Populi like 3 days after I began CN. All I was, an NPO Applicant and I was attacked by someone who's AA is now Vox Populi. Someone who's war reason was 'For Vox'. This nation was clearly stronger then me. (But still in the level for attacking). He attacked without warning and put me in Anarchy.

So how can you stand up against these so called 'bullies' when your actions indicate you are a terrorist organization that tries to lower the applicant to NPO by attacking Applicants? Is there a way you can some how defend this clause in your announcement when your actions prove otherwise? I'm not antagonizing you. I just want to hear your side of the story.

Note: I have not read the whole thread.