Vox Populi Announcement

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm im pretty sure Vox had not that much of an impact on what is known as Karma....

Maybe if you paid more attention you wouldn't be so screwed.

Just curious, does Vox want to see the disbandment of NPO, or just taken down as the major power?

We wish to see them defeated, soundly and completely, so that they may never revise the history books in their favour again. Beyond that, we just want peace. White peace.

How about, neither NPO nor you guys run this show ?

I'm pretty sure this is Vox Populi doing what they can to bolster the morale and spirits of the Karma side of the war. This isn't them ordering us around, its just a stern pep talking to. ;)

Well written, Doitzel. I like this stern pep talking to.

You're not my pep talk guy, Doitz. e_e And furthermore, isn't it enough to be part of the river that flows through the broken dam? Must you now attempt to guide the force of nature you helped unleash? Leave Karma to its work. This is its test. If it is truly just, then it needs no guidance. It is greater than any alliance now, and needs no leaders.

In this position we are in, precedents are bound to be set. Assuming Karma wins, the fate of the NPO is one of them.

Whether people like to admit it or not, there is no doubt that with the reformation of Vox Populi you flapped the cultural butterfly's wings that have resulted in the hurricane of nuclear annihilation currently raining down on your enemies. Before your movement, people were scared of the group of miscreants leading Q/1V, and change looked impossible.... the mass of NS the few rampant bullies in leadership positions had behind them represented a great level of support for their actions, and who could ever overcome that?

But the sacrifice of your nations has helped overcome it. You showed what it meant to fight for what you believed in, and your use of the world stage to remind everyone of the injustices that lead you to take up arms in the first place - be they injustices past, continuing or fresh - gave your cause credibility and true momentum in a way that no actual military force could ever achieve. I remember what the world was like when you guys first set out. 'No Ordinary Alliance members above the rank of Ultimate LeaderTypeGuy!!! may post here' messages were common, no average member was allowed to have a critical opinion on world events for fear of one of the small band of cronies spluttering the words:

"Oh realy so Do ur onpinions reprezent them Of your alliance I wonder???? HMMM interesting :jihad: :popcorn: :popcorn: :jihad: :popcorn:"

Yes, most of the time the cronies were illiterate too. However, that world is no more, and now gag orders are ever only issued on the GGA (although it's usually far too late) and by government members of small alliances who like to feel powerful once in a while. You gave the world back it's voice and it has spoken to make this place a better place, for that I am grateful. Pro Populo, and thanks for the nice reads Doitzy :blush:

Edited by Aimee Mann

You're not my pep talk guy, Doitz. e_e And furthermore, isn't it enough to be part of the river that flows through the broken dam? Must you now attempt to guide the force of nature you helped unleash? Leave Karma to its work. This is its test. If it is truly just, then it needs no guidance. It is greater than any alliance now, and needs no leaders.

In this position we are in, precedents are bound to be set. Assuming Karma wins, the fate of the NPO is one of them.

You'd be surprised how many people thought we were going to seize this chance to wrangle peace. We're not. We're going to fight until it's finished with the rest of you (at least, against the Hegemony). And to be perfectly honest I wrote that when it looked like there was a significant chance of perfectly even sides battling each other. I figured since I'd already written it I might as well post it: "waste not, want not" is an essential facet of our mindset!

Whether people like to admit it or not, there is no doubt that with the reformation of Vox Populi you flapped the cultural butterfly's wings that have resulted in the hurricane of nuclear annihilation currently raining down on your enemies. Before your movement, people were scared of the group of miscreants leading Q/1V, and change looked impossible.... the mass of NS the few rampant bullies in leadership positions had behind them represented a great level of support for their actions, and who could ever overcome that?

But the sacrifice of your nations has helped overcome it. You showed what it meant to fight for what you believed in, and your use of the world stage to remind everyone of the injustices that lead you to take up arms in the first place - be they injustices past, continuing or fresh - gave your cause credibility and true momentum in a way that no actual military force could ever achieve. I remember what the world was like when you guys first set out. 'No Ordinary Alliance members above the rank of Ultimate LeaderTypeGuy!!! may post here' messages were common, no average member was allowed to have a critical opinion on world events for fear of one of the small band of cronies spluttering the words:

"Oh realy so Do ur onpinions reprezent them Of your alliance I wonder???? HMMM interesting :jihad: :popcorn: :popcorn: :jihad: :popcorn:"

Yes, most of the time the cronies were illiterate too. However, that world is no more, and now gag orders are ever only issued on the GGA (although it's usually far too late) and by government members of small alliances who like to feel powerful once in a while. You gave the world back it's voice and it has spoken to make this place a better place, for that I am grateful. Pro Populo, and thanks for the nice reads Doitzy :blush:

Hearing stuff like this makes the 9 months of struggle and hardships all worth it.

Thank you.

I think for the immediate future you can be at war with us all you want, but we're just going to huggle you back.

Yep i can confirm as the ODN diplomat to VP that plenty of huggles are indeed evident. Also i cannot wait to end the Sitzkrieg (ODN-VP war) B)

Simple. People who spent many. many hours talking and planning the whole thing since nearly the end of the Coalition War. They took it from an idea to a practical plan. People who even before the Coalition War had the vision and could foresee that the Orders would not be taken down as a bloc, but one at a time and that the project would take not one Great War but two and were talking about doing it *long* before Vox Populi existed. They get the credit for inspiring the former group and some of them even participated in it.

To them both Vox Populi was mostly an inconvenience. A group of people who sapped energy away from the project, trying to regain relevance on Planet Bob because they weren't ready to be a has-been. If they played any positive role at all, it was to show that NPO was human. But those who planned this war already knew that.

No, the people who earned the lion's share of the credit for KARMA know who they really are today. They know that many hard days of fighting lay ahead...but they are smiling.

Today I sit in a trench on the "wrong" side of this fight. My place in the new paradigm that follows this one is uncertain. But I know the truth. A tip of the hat to those who really are responsible.

To Vox: You will find that, without something to push against, you have no goals, no longer any purpose. Perhaps you will be happy simply being that class of participant that stays on the edges and points (and sometimes laughs) at the real movers and shakers on Planet Bob, keeping them honest. There is only steady employment for a few of you to be had that way. For most of you, your road is coming to an end and a new one starting. Make the most of this opportunity.

Edited by ChairmanHal