Ragnarok cancellation announcement

So far as I know, Rok had something like at least a half dozen valid and documented CBs when I left there (and who knows how many more since) they could still pull out of the drawer at any time. Reasons for war include everything from recruiting and attempting to recruit from Rok, blackmail, insults and similar attacks against allies, etc., etc., etc.

So many other major alliances had already DoWs against Vox, it was deemed not worth the time and effort.

Yes I remember that quite well, however at Vox's inception they really didn't single anyone out, so I'd say nearly every alliance had a valid CB. I was referring more to this post-anarchy Vox who have managed to settle down a little more and show some focus and direction

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I wasn't completely convinced that the trend towards fitful cancellations was in fact, any more than a "trend".

Anything that even hints at dismantling the treaty mess, is win.

Friendships change, paths diverge, treaties get canceled.

Tin-foil hat for sale, cheap.

No, that's be more your speed. <_<

Armchair warriors are great with witty observations and Monday morning quarterbacking. NSO has consistently indicated they are neutral--which means they'll be pulling up a recliner and getting comfortable for the show. Maybe that changes, maybe it doesn't. I suppose only Ivan and STA know for sure.

Oh and Mr. 'I bought a Movie Industry wonder aren't I cute'...if you have it, bring it. If you don't, shut up. You're boring the hell out of me.

I'm terribly sorry, but have you looked at your own list of wonders? Also, I hope your military readiness isn't indicative of the alliances you've been in, or the one you are in now.

Certainly, before you start talking smack about how "prepared" others are for war...you may wish to check yourself?

Sad to see so many friendships suddenly going under in close proximity.

I never understood why people think friendship=treaty. Alliances cannot be friends because alliances don't have consciousness. People in those alliances are friends and those people don't stop being friends just because a treaty is canceled.

If that is true than this is a very odd coincidence. So Rok just happened to cancel their treaty with NPO at the same time 3 other alliances did?

Based on when the FOK cancellation occurred, unless RoK heard about the FOK cancellation almost at the same time that FOK canceled, they couldn't have know that FOK had canceled on NPO when RoK had canceled on NPO.

It seems like NPO is having trouble with communication. When you ally with someone, you usually have either your best diplomats or government members staying in contact with them, but with how many treaties NPO has it's pretty much impossible to stay in contact with all of them imo. The fact that alliances are canceling for that reason is understandable.

Good luck to both alliances.

Based on when the FOK cancellation occurred, unless RoK heard about the FOK cancellation almost at the same time that FOK canceled, they couldn't have know that FOK had canceled on NPO when RoK had canceled on NPO.

It seems like NPO is having trouble with communication. When you ally with someone, you usually have either your best diplomats or government members staying in contact with them, but with how many treaties NPO has it's pretty much impossible to stay in contact with all of them imo. The fact that alliances are canceling for that reason is understandable.

Is the NPO's problem really one of communication, or one of policy? FOK (and likely Ragnarok) canceled in part because of the NPO actions against FAN and GATO and others. Those actions were clear as day, not miscommunicated.

Is the NPO's problem really one of communication, or one of policy? FOK (and likely Ragnarok) canceled in part because of the NPO actions against FAN and GATO and others. Those actions were clear as day, not miscommunicated.

If they canceled because of the actions against FAN and GATO ("and others" is not emphasized here, so you are focusing more on the FAN and GATO examples), isn't it a long time to wait to do so?

Lack of communication and differing foreign affairs directions were both cited by RoK and FOK in some way. We're both right here.

If they canceled because of the actions against FAN and GATO ("and others" is not emphasized here, so you are focusing more on the FAN and GATO examples), isn't it a long time to wait to do so?

Yes, it is a long time to wait, perhaps too long, but other consideration might have come into play. Political climate for instance. I think the political climate has been shifting against the NPO, and it is now less risky and more profitable to take a second look at treaties with the NPO in light of their recent and not so recent actions against other alliances.

Yes, it is a long time to wait, perhaps too long, but other consideration might have come into play. Political climate for instance. I think the political climate has been shifting against the NPO, and it is now less risky and more profitable to take a second look at treaties with the NPO in light of their recent and not so recent actions against other alliances.

I was going to leave a witty comment here, but instead I will direct your attention to the parts in bold as it speaks for itself.

Edited by Caffine1

I was going to leave a witty comment here, but instead I will direct your attention to the parts in bold as it speaks for itself.

I'm not quite sure what you are tying to say with your edit. Do you disagree that canceling with NPO now is less risky than doing it mid to late last year?

[edit]Meh, my mind popped back into gear. Yes I'm sure risk / reward played a part in the recent cancellations, but thats not to say that either Ragnarok or FOK are opportunists or something. Shifts in political climate affect us all and the good of your alliance must be one of your top priorities.[/edit]

Edited by Ragashingo

I'm not sure i do agree with saying that the political climate is the main cause of this. I think the fact that people are bored itself is switching the climate from politics to principles. Pressures do built up in time rather than instantly and people do make choices based on more factors than just interest.

Actually we cancelled a day before FOK did. If you read each OP you will see that ours was a 72 hour period while FOK's was 48.

Caffine1 is very familiar with treaty changes that are "less risky and more profitable", I'm sure your good friends ERR ex-friends from Bleu can attest to that. ;)

No, that's be more your speed. <_<

Armchair warriors are great with witty observations and Monday morning quarterbacking. NSO has consistently indicated they are neutral--which means they'll be pulling up a recliner and getting comfortable for the show. Maybe that changes, maybe it doesn't. I suppose only Ivan and STA know for sure.

Oh and Mr. 'I bought a Movie Industry wonder aren't I cute'...if you have it, bring it. If you don't, shut up. You're boring the hell out of me.

Why do you keep showing up trying to act important?

Caffine1 is very familiar with treaty changes that are "less risky and more profitable", I'm sure your good friends ERR ex-friends from Bleu can attest to that. ;)

Dear Dukes of Hazzard car,

You have taken the words out of my mouth although you may not have intended to. It always makes me giggle when people are hoisted by their own petard.

Sincerely,

Electron Sponge

I knew there was a reason I love it when you post :awesome:

I, too, was thinking pretty much those same words when I read that post you quoted