Ragnarok cancellation announcement

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe he told anyone that they had the right to comment, or not. Merely that his comment was more interesting than your average "HAIL ROK! BOO NPO!" or "Sad but necessary"

Well the whole "oh, interesting comment from somebody in that alliance ;)" schtick is a pretty traditional tactic to silence dissenters by implying that people from that particular alliance should not be commenting on something.

Ah-ha. Trying to frighten someone out of voicing an opinion by dragging his alliance into the conversation, implicating it in some greater scheme?

You have condescended to me in the past of what is "unbecoming". Now I get to do the same to you. Delightful.

WC is free to voice whatever comments he so chooses and needs no permission from me or Valhalla.

However, should things progress along a certain path, I'll be at the tip of spear...as I have been in the past. Perhaps I'll see WC out there. Maybe we'll fight, maybe we'll be on the same side. But...you gotta be on the field first.

Ahh, so you too believe this is a prelude to an attack. Again, a heavy claim to level on someone.

Isn't this the kind of implied threat that has resulted in such a large, wide-scale public backlash? What's next, threatening to EZI all dissenters? Tactics like this never silence critics, they just force the critics to whisper.

You remind me of the people who said Polar and Pacifica would never be on the opposite sides of a war. Although they didn't directly fight, at the end of the day, they were on opposite sides of the Q-BLEU conflict.

You also remind me of the people that said there would never be a WUT civil war, and look how that turned out.

And remember those people who said GPA would never be attacked? You remind me of them as well.

Oh yeah, and the people who said the OoO would never be canceled. You remind me of them a lot.

I'm not saying a bunch of alliances with just gang up on NPO over night and cause a big war by the morning. However, I am saying that this kinda thing is usually the beginning of a much bigger conflict.

People can be wrong. Is that the lesson I'm supposed to walk away with?

Isn't this the kind of implied threat that has resulted in such a large, wide-scale public backlash? What's next, threatening to EZI all dissenters? Tactics like this never silence critics, they just force the critics to whisper.

I have fully noted that no member of Ragnarok has claimed or implied an attack is incoming. However, Vox, master spymasters they are, seem to believe otherwise, as Nintenderek has noted. Yes, this has piqued my curiosity. Pulling out hysterics like EZI is unnecessary, there is no slippery slope here.

EDIT: Not only that, I was accused of being "stupid" for not being aware that this is obviously a prelude to an attack. I do hope that merits a non-sarcastic response.

Edited by bigwoody

However, should things progress along a certain path, I'll be at the tip of spear...as I have been in the past. Perhaps I'll see WC out there. Maybe we'll fight, maybe we'll be on the same side. But...you gotta be on the field first.

Y'know, for someone who is in an alliance that you stated as probably neutral, WC seems pretty certain that there will be a fight.

Good move Ragnarok. Both for you and the NPO.

Good for you because you aren't entangled in a treaty that doesn't mesh with your current goals, and good for the NPO because losing allies will finally force them to reconsider some of their less honorable policies of alliance destruction and enslavement.

Well, despite what side of the fence I would want to be on, it is good to know alliances are starting to get their wits about them and dropping treaties that are merely shows of strength rather than true binds of friendship and trust.

It would appear a good call by RoK in ending a treaty that lacked any true devotion behind it.

"Rest of the cancellations"? Carries quite the implication, that does.

See these posts looks so transparent these days to anyone who has been in the game for any length of time.

Its funny seeing them from the other side this time though.

Its almost like you can see through some peoples comments, and more importantly, those acting under what appears to be largely radio silence at the moment.

Its ALMOST like some are worried someone else started the chess game this time.

Intriguing time in the game, no?

On Tuesday

I'm having surgery on Tuesday, can we move it to Thursday so I don't pull a Zilla, while high on my meds and hit the nuke button by accident?

And don't worry about RoK and NPO growing apart, NPO will always have friends. Pacifica's where GGA gets all the ribbon and materials for their 3 month in the alliance medal after all, they'd never cut off that supply chain!

Intriguing time in the game, no?

Perhaps CN is entering into a staring contest, the question then becomes who blinks first. I've personally always enjoyed watching these contests whether on the inside or the outside, it calls for the return of the Drama meter.

Perhaps CN is entering into a staring contest, the question then becomes who blinks first. I've personally always enjoyed watching these contests whether on the inside or the outside, it calls for the return of the Drama meter.

That covers it quite well. I supect the interesting part is going to be if one side decides it can't afford to let too much time tick by, allowing for others to possibly slowly wave goodbye. I suspect interesting weeks ahead. If this war doesnt start for 4-6 weeks then I suppose at the current rate one could argue the party could possibly even reach epic scales. :P