FOK Announcement

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting thing about this is that FOK have been almost universally praised for the way they put their reasoning in the OP, where as Viridia was widely condemned for doing the same thing <_<

From what i read in the VE thread, people were saying the same thing for the most part. Unless i remember it wrong, wasnt the only thing they were being condemned for was prematurely canceling one of the treaties?

An interesting thing about this is that FOK have been almost universally praised for the way they put their reasoning in the OP, where as Viridia was widely condemned for doing the same thing <_<

Plenty of people praised Viridia, the major difference was these latest announcements of cancellation havn't really had much condemnation coming into them from 1V/tC sources especially NPO itself.

Also Viridia looking back seems to have been the flag bearer. When you are the vanguard you take the roughest blows but you gain the most honor, tis something for them to be proud of.

I think the difference for some was the attitude presented. FOK has been very even-handed and straightforward whereas the VE basically levied charges against their former allies and insulted them. I personally didn't have a problem with how the VE handled it and consider both of these to be similar, but I think that is why they have received differing responses.

I personally disagreed with Viridia's use of the "You can't quit you're fired" tactic.

In regards to IRON? That is indeed what gained them the most heat. Perhaps phrased poorly but considering the other two droppings, the IRON one did go along with the announcement as a whole. They could have rephrased I suppose but its a pretty small issue compared to what that act started.

I personally disagreed with Viridia's use of the "You can't quit you're fired" tactic.

I can't understand because people keep saying it, VE said that IRON was who canceled the treaty, not them, VE just posted the real reasons.

I think the difference for some was the attitude presented. FOK has been very even-handed and straightforward whereas the VE basically levied charges against their former allies and insulted them. I personally didn't have a problem with how the VE handled it and consider both of these to be similar, but I think that is why they have received differing responses.

Insulted seems a bit harsh but you pretty much nailed it yeah.

About damn time.

Far too many treaties signed, that simply solidify political ties.

Treaties should be signed based on friendship, respect, and trust.

IMO.. many past and present treaties signed by dozens of alliances have been nothing more that PR campaigns and political positioning. The types of treaties that fall apart because nothing but words hold them together.

FOK ftw

Edited by juslen

From what i read in the VE thread, people were saying the same thing for the most part. Unless i remember it wrong, wasnt the only thing they were being condemned for was prematurely canceling one of the treaties?

If you have not noticed, NPO seems to be under radio silence. There is nobody to critisize them.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I think that FOK has made a very wise decision. Little to no communication, few shared values and goals makes for a poor relationship and very little basis for formal diplomatic ties. Honesty in this very public of forums is a virtue I respect immensely.

FOK :wub:

We don't sugar coat things wouldn't call it an insult at all though. Also there were very few condemners...literally only three names come to mind.

If you have not noticed, NPO seems to be under radio silence. There is nobody to critisize them.

High ranking officials can still post under radio silence. It is just the masses that they silence.

High ranking officials can still post under radio silence. It is just the masses that they silence.

No one in New Pacific Order is on radio silence at the moment, besides self-induced radio silence.

Good luck to FOK in the future.

Edited by Bilrow

No one in New Pacific Order is on radio silence at the moment, besides self-induced radio silence.

Good luck to FOK in the future.

900 people decided to simultaneously shut up?

(I haven't actually taken note of Pacifica's posting frequency, but it seems like that's what you're implying)