A Message from the Grand Global Alliance

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish they'd provide explanations for removing threads; it was just there a second ago. <_<

We do not permit ban evaders to stir up trouble on these forums. If a thread disappears, that is often why.

Very rarely has anything posted by such people been reliable. I would put it out of your mind; back on topic.

You cropped the logs and they STILL look like he is telling a joke. Every time I see a GGA announcement these days its like watching a train wreck.

I know. I really can't tell if they really think he was threatening to dump (which I doubt any sane person would) or if they just want to spin that line in an attempt to gain sympathy points (which I have no idea why they think anyone would have any sympathy on them for after all that they have done).

what gets me about threads like these is that for so many of the players involved, it has nothing whatsoever to do with what is actually happening. Most of the people defending GGA aren't doing it because they thought the correct move was made here, and I'd say a good number of the people bashing them are just here for a good time rather than to point out any specific failing.

Step back and look at the situation with names changed. Replace GGA with, say, "Republicans" or "Platypus-Americans" or "Hugh Jackman" and see if you still find similar actions defensible or reprehensible.

/The post brought to you by the letter B

It appears he did post portions BEFORE this was posted.

Nope, unless I missed something but the only logs I have seen from him are between he and Scotch where Scotch was being a jerk but I have seen nothing from the GGA gov channel.

what gets me about threads like these is that for so many of the players involved, it has nothing whatsoever to do with what is actually happening. Most of the people defending GGA aren't doing it because they thought the correct move was made here, and I'd say a good number of the people bashing them are just here for a good time rather than to point out any specific failing.

Step back and look at the situation with names changed. Replace GGA with, say, "Republicans" or "Platypus-Americans" or "Hugh Jackman" and see if you still find similar actions defensible or reprehensible.

/The post brought to you by the letter B

I for one blame the platypus-americans for the failings of GGA.

See, the difference is that I acknowledge possible consequences and act regardless in accordance with my goals; this lot, on the other hand, doesn't seem to understand that when you do terribly stupid things people are going to think you're terribly stupid. They don't seem keen to learn, either.

That aside, I'm not sure what this has to do with me. If anything by bringing myself up you've proved the point I was making about your ilk and the usage of mob mentality. Or have you forgotten already?

I have a long memory sir and the point of MOB mentality is proved post after post. There are many in this thread that would normally leave this type of thread alone but since some have made it the Cool thing to do they are jumping right in with nothing more usefull than LOL GGA and what not.

Yourself, Stumpy, Revanche Ocho and what not this is fully expected, but for this thread to have reached over 300 posts is ridiculous, its nothing more than people comming out to kick an alliance while they are down. I understand they are not universally loved but if this wasnt the GGA and were some small alliance you guys would be screaming to leave them alone.

As far as my Ilk sir i would love to know what my ilk is.

quick edit forgot Hizzy as he never misses an opurtunity to point out shortcommings no matter who they are from :wub: Hizzy and Stumpy though.

Edited by Buds The Man

I would tend to agree with this, but regardless GGA govt has yet to post any sort of meaningful reply to the criticisms that have been brought up in this thread. The only response by gga has been two members in essence trolling the trolls. I would have expected, considering the nature of the OP that perhaps there would have been at least some sort of follow up post to say "DerekJones has agreed not to release logs, kthxbye, lock thread"

These are logs from all of the GGA member and Gov rooms from the time DJ was made Tri over a year ago. I don’t even remember what all is in them or what was said on any given day at any given time. Even when he was not there his Bot was so he has more logs than I do :wacko: . So we felt it would be good to let our allies and the rest of PB know we are sorry if there is something in there that may not be happy sexy time. :ehm:

Private channels FTW :awesome:

Did i do it right?

I understand they are not universally loved but if this wasnt the GGA and were some small alliance you guys would be screaming to leave them alone.

Eh, if you are still wondering why the GGA attracts such attention when they hit rocky waters where other alliances would be allowed to simply sail on by then you clearly do not understand the extent to which people dislike the GGA.

You failed to adequately threaten or cajole the subject into using private channels with an admonition that since it has gone public the consequences will be far graver. Grade: C-

Bit of a harsh grader, aren't you Sponge? I would have given him a solid C for the effort.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Yawoo

I have a long memory sir and the point of MOB mentality is proved post after post. There are many in this thread that would normally leave this type of thread alone but since some have made it the Cool thing to do they are jumping right in with nothing more usefull than LOL GGA and what not.

Yourself, Stumpy, Revanche Ocho and what not this is fully expected, but for this thread to have reached over 300 posts is ridiculous, its nothing more than people comming out to kick an alliance while they are down. I understand they are not universally loved but if this wasnt the GGA and were some small alliance you guys would be screaming to leave them alone.

As far as my Ilk sir i would love to know what my ilk is.

quick edit forgot Hizzy as he never misses an opurtunity to point out shortcommings no matter who they are from :wub: Hizzy and Stumpy though.

I specifically remember the huge amounts of verbal abuse from NPO, Valhalla, GGA, and IRON towards the GPA on the forums from October 07 on through that war. And of course the whole worst alliance ever thing with GATO.

Edited by Azaghul

Bit of a harsh grader, aren't you Sponge? I would have given him a solid C for the effort.

He'll thank me someday.

I specifically remember NPO, Valhalla, GGA, and IRON trolling the hell out of GPA from October 07 on through that war. And of course the whole worst alliance ever thing with GATO.

Or Valhalla with The Legion. Don't forget all that nonsense.

I specifically remember NPO, Valhalla, GGA, and IRON trolling the hell out of GPA from October 07 on through that war. And of course the whole worst alliance ever thing with GATO.

Looks like it's that time again...

3426635201_9067728e81_m.jpg

I got all the way through page 8, but I don't think this thread is going to get any better than pages one and two. GGA, I think a nice, long talk with your allies is in order. In fact, I think they'll be coming to knock on your door soon if they haven't already. I would second the suggestion of a nice, long radio silence.

Oh yes, GGA is one of those alliances that blew countless issues involving the GPA out of proportion. One member accidentally aided a GOONS member. Instead of simply solving it reasonably the instead made a huge fuss out of it, and reminded GPA of the incident for months like it actually mattered. Had it been any other alliance other than the GPA the issue never would have made it to the public spotlight. Yes, yes, GGA for a long time harassed alliances over the slightest of issues and now it is happening to them. Why exactly should any of us have any sympathy for them again? You hegemony folks sure hold an interesting set of standards because I never saw any outrage from any of you when you were pulling this stuff on others.

Karma.

wow you all need to let it go, when you see someone fall over, its funny the first 3-4 times, when they do it 600000000 times it stop been funny.

I disagree. When said person finds "600000000" new ways to epically fall over, then it becomes hilarious, albeit with a bit of a sad touch.