Congratulations NPO!

Swiper

Litha Riddle, I think the reason you got the "go to hell" responses is that thanking someone for something they feel you stole tends to be quite condescending.

I think "go the hell" responses were more driven by pure envy and bitterness of some here which tends to show in light of our success.

And it makes it that much sweater.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to mention you're living in a fantasy world if you think your enemies will let you exist should you ever be on the losing end of a war.

Throughout the history of the game our enemies have been nincompoops at the negotiation table. Hypothetically, and we have to keep this hypothetical because of how absurd the premises is, were your impossible situation ever to happen "our enemies" would undoubtedly screw it up.

Edited by GTTofAK

I think "go the hell" responses were more driven by pure envy and bitterness of some here which tends to show in light of our success.

The correct word you're looking for is "sweeter". :eng101:

Edited by Portugal

Throughout the history of the game our enemies have been nincompoops at the negotiation table. Hypothetically, and we have to keep this hypothetical because of how absurd the premises is, were your impossible situation ever to happen "our enemies" would undoubtedly screw it up.

not really, they just actually expected you to not have them destroyed or turn them into puppets years later, as Legion and GATO discovered, so should NPO ever lose another war, I doubt that their opponent would make the same mistakes the CoaLUEition made.

Look's like someone's still hurting from having their illusion of superior military efficiency and stigma against nukes beaten into dust by an alliance they'd thought they could get another easy tech raid out of. :awesome:

Edited by Azaghul

not really, they just actually expected you to not have them destroyed or turn them into puppets years later, as Legion and GATO discovered, so should NPO ever lose another war, I doubt that their opponent would make the same mistakes the CoaLUEition made.

The CoaLUEtion didn't make a mistake they were forced into a position. There is a difference. And today instead of just one Chris Kaos we have dozens.

No, they underestimated us. They saw us as weak, and they were wrong.

The CoaLUEtion didn't make a mistake they were forced into a position. There is a difference. And today instead of just one Chris Kaos we have dozens.

I'm a bit confused, you forced them into a position....by surrendering?

Look's like someone's still hurting from having their illusion of superior military efficiency and stigma against nukes beaten into dust by an alliance they'd thought they could get another easy tech raid out of. :awesome:

I think 80k tech is a good raid Azaghul.

Fellow shrooms, let us not be bitter but congratulate our Pacifican brethren. They have acknowledged and appreciated our Godly banking abilities. You yourself azaghul should just take your moment of smiley_smug.gif and be content with the fact that the feat we (thanks to you) performed an amazing feat without using the tech stores of our larger developed nations.

Don't let Branimir get to you, he is thankful afterall.

But the most important fact is that we are only 80k behind TOP and they have 73 more members than us! That means we are more awesome right?

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Also Cortath, we technically allow any NS nations to join providing they either have an MP or vouch from a current Gremlin member and successfully complete an application. The main difference is more that we don't recruit.

Litha Riddle, I think the reason you got the "go to hell" responses is that thanking someone for something they feel you stole tends to be quite condescending.

I stand corrected, Alden Peterson. I merely brought up your membership policies to illustrate the peculiarity in using those metrics to judge our respective alliances. While I defer to you on your membership policies, the reality is still the same: Gramlins is nearly all high NS nations, and rarely (at least judging by the list of nations in your alliance on CN) admits anyone below certain thresholds.

And you have no Moldavi or Sponge to negotiate for you. If you think that the Orders survived for any other reason but the skill of our negotiations you're deluding yourself. Had Chris Kaos had his way there would be no NPO now.

No, they underestimated us. They saw us as weak, and they were wrong.

"Us"?

I stand corrected, Alden Peterson. I merely brought up your membership policies to illustrate the peculiarity in using those metrics to judge our respective alliances. While I defer to you on your membership policies, the reality is still the same: Gramlins is nearly all high NS nations, and rarely (at least judging by the list of nations in your alliance on CN) admits anyone below certain thresholds.

It is because of our standards we are where we are today. I personally brought over 5 people in this alliance which were at 1k and Grämlins built up. Look at my NS for instance.

We have harsh standards for a reason. We are a melting pot of nations coming from EVERYWHERE, not everyone can handle it.

Nonetheless, congratulations once again dude.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Again, I mean no offense to Gramlins. My point is simply that we're different types of alliances and it does not make sense to compare us by the same metrics.

Oh, none taken dude, no worries - I understand where you're coming from. Some are trying to derail the feat merely because of the # of nations your alliance has. Either way, 1m tech is impressive and congratulations. ;]

I personally thanked every MK nation that sent me tech. And I cherished the obligatory 'go to hell' replies.
Mainly this, I thanked every MK nation that sent me tech. Doesn't the concept of sportmanship exist anymore?

At first I thought you guys were being sarcastic pricks with these comments.

Then I kept reading and realized you're as sharp as a bowling ball.

I don't even know if I should explain how flawed your "argument" (for lack of a better term) is, because I'm sure it'll go over your head.

At first I thought you guys were being sarcastic pricks with these comments.

Then I kept reading and realized you're as sharp as a bowling ball.

I don't even know if I should explain how flawed your "argument" (for lack of a better term) is, because I'm sure it'll go over your head.

Trust me, Hizzle Fo Shizzle, they really are that clueless. They think they are doing the rest of us a favor by being nice while they squeeze the life out of us.

Well, a million is indeed impressive although I dont know why some folks were attacked for saying it wasn't an extraordinary feat. They have the most members and a very active recruiting corps. Thus their internal tech production is pretty damn high, that is certainly commendable when tech talking. Also the fact that this comes to bear during possibly the largest tech war of all time (Jarheads, low ns nations which cause minimal damage but surely donated quite a bit of tech to the low ns NPO nations which then in turn sold it to the larger nations) it tends to turn this into the expected.

So, congratulations on meeting expectations. A million is a lot of tech.