Congratulations NPO!

Swiper

The point is to come out ahead over potential rivals.

And we didn't? lol

After the war with you we were still sitting comfortably at the top of the chart and still are. On second being our close long standing ally and friend IRON. And the losses were quite acceptable for somebody our size, thats the advantage of having it you can go in all out nuclear wars and remain first while others get turned into dust, like you for example. Now I do not really know which these potential rivals and enemies of ours are to which you are referring, but I guess we are still ahead of them and to pass a war against an enemy because imaginary boogie mans could inch potentially closer in relative terms would be a very much self destructive policy right there all by it self.

An opponent was took out, eliminated as any potential danger for a long while (yes you recovered, now that is,...;)), we stayed on top and we got a chance to war which isn't that often unfortunately.

You really lost me with your first sentence, I am guessing there really isn't much then to be said more. The constant "you outnumbered us" banter is a right to be said by those who lost and are sore I guess but its getting old. You outnumbered WAPA in your wars against them so what, you and we shouldn't engage in opponents while having such an edge? War isn't fair lol, main thing is neutralization of opponents.

Anyway, but now seriously, was again fun to argue with you about this but its getting off topic now seriously and if you like we can always continue via pms as Ill just kind off stop right here.

To say something on topic, o/ Tech Corps. Seriously nicely done boys and girls.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to make one point. We outnumbered WAPA, this is very true. We also don't brag about winning it as great proof of our military ability. We might talk about deciding on, planning and pulling off a good blitz for our size for the first one in an hour, but that's not the same thing. There's nothing unjust about winning a war by outnumbering an opponent. But it's not exactly something to brag about just because you won either.

But it's not exactly something to brag about just because you won either.

You know, in the end I deemed best to agree here with you and with that end our historical debate from our point of views. We debated it to death Azaghul in various threads and we said all. At least at one point we can agree about it.

You are right and I do not want to come about as bragging about it, my only intend was just to not be painted as weak because of it as well. That is all.

I think it would be safe to say that it was more individual tech deals than TC deals.

I think thats overly harsh towards the TC. They do and did nice job a lion share of this all is theirs.

FAN had a different culture than NPO has, NPO has gone so long without losing a war, you really think you'd keep 100% of your membership after a few weeks of gangbanging? even NpO lost about half their membership, I'd expect NPO to lose more.

Uh did you not read the part about internal conflict or are you just reading the parts you wanted to read?

Uh did you not read the part about internal conflict or are you just reading the parts you wanted to read?
You are dreaming if you think for one second that anyone can through war alone destroy on the top alliances. That phase has passed. It passed about a year ago.

And thats completely forgetting the part that those who are tech heavy enough to do some descent damage would also be the first to bail.

It cant be done. You can threaten it. You can dream. And you can continue to dream but that age has past. I know how hard it was to chip through fan. The notion anyone can stomach what it takes to destroy a 22 million NS alliances is laughable.

War != Internal.

What the hell does that have to do with internal conflict?

War != Internal.

What the hell does that have to do with internal conflict?

The state of affairs is that given the mechanics of war unless you can cause the alliance to break through internal strife there is no way you can destroy any of the top alliances. It is simply too hard and daunting of a task. And that is the reality.

I understand that you have this nocturnal fantasy of the NPO being annihilated but that’s all it is, a wet dream. Do you honesty think that others are going to put up with months and months of brutal fighting because Vox wants it? You can come on the forums and complain all you want but the fact of the matter is that you have a worthless 900NS nation. At the end of the day you are expecting others to do the dirty work for you. From my own experience I can tell you right now that they are not going to do it.

Edited by GTTofAK

I understand that you have this nocturnal fantasy of the NPO being annihilated but that’s all it is, a wet dream. Do you honesty think that others are going to put up with months and months of brutal fighting because Vox wants it? You can come on the forums and complain all you want but the fact of the matter is that you have a worthless 900NS nation. At the end of the day you are expecting others to do the dirty work for you. From my own experience I can tell you right now that they are not going to do it.

Your own experience leading an opposition movement? You are so full of !@#$.

We aren't expecting anyone to do anything. If someone does something odds are you'll have given them a reason. Those reasons are currently piling up. The incompetence and arrogance of NPO and its allies is causing people to turn their backs on you. Pretty soon you'll be standing there all alone and it will just be a matter of time before someone comes along to finish off the beached whale.

Your own experience leading an opposition movement? You are so full of !@#$.

I was speaking to my experience as a soldier grinding down a powerful alliance. Not everything is about leading alliances sponge. Not everything is about a bunch of egomaniacs stroking their own egos. Most nations rulers are not alliance leaders. And if you think that the average soldier is going to put up with months and months of fighting Vox's war you are dreaming.

We aren't expecting anyone to do anything.

Really?

Pretty soon you'll be standing there all alone and it will just be a matter of time before someone comes along to finish off the beached whale.

Ok my head is spinning sponge. Do you expect them to do nothing or do you expect them to take us out?

Edited by GTTofAK

I believe Sponge is saying you are going to estrange your allies, be caught all alone, with no one left by your side, and be wasted by vengeful alliances wanting the glory of the number one spot. It's a pretty clearly laid prediction of the future. Don't see why you're having such a hard time digesting it.

Keyword is: prediction. No one really knows how it's all going to turn out.

I was speaking to my experience as a soldier grinding down a powerful alliance. Not everything is about leading alliances sponge. Not everything is about a bunch of egomaniacs stroking their own egos. Most nations rulers are not alliance leaders. And if you think that the average soldier is going to put up with months and months of fighting Vox's war you are dreaming.

So you did that all by yourself did you? Grind down a powerful alliance? When was this? I can honestly tell you that you're pretty much clueless as to what goes on unless you have more than anecdotes about this one time you fought in a big war. I've done everything from grunt-level soldiering to leading vast coalitions of alliances in global conflict and I can tell you that you're completely and totally clueless where you're sitting. The average soldier in NPO knows pretty much nothing about what is going on. Compare that with an actually well run alliance, like oh.. Polar, where the average rank-and-file people are kept informed and will fight to the end because they know what they're fighting for. So no, I don't believe the average Pacifican will last through months and months of fighting. I think it will be over fast and you lot will be begging for mercy from us as we ZI you one by one. Your allies will be gone and all your hopes and dreams with them. As well as the cash some of you wasted on that stupid flag... at least you'll have a tangible reminder in the future of just how far of a fall hubris will provide you.

Really?

No I was kidding. Yes, really, genius. Do you think I'm saying this stuff for my health or for you to ask me to repeat it?

Ok my head is spinning sponge. Do you expect them to do nothing or do you expect them to take us out?

I place no expectations (defined as: mandates placed upon someone by me) on anyone, but I do expect (a synonym for this would be anticipate) someone will step forward. I know English is a tough language and you're not exactly the brightest bulb in the box but do try and keep up with the rest of us.

Keyword is: prediction. No one really knows how it's all going to turn out.

No the key word is projection. Sponge is projecting.

I think it will be over fast and you lot will be begging for mercy from us as we ZI you one by one. Your allies will be gone and all your hopes and dreams with them. As well as the cash some of you wasted on that stupid flag... at least you'll have a tangible reminder in the future of just how far of a fall hubris will provide you.

Yes sponge we know what you did to Polaris. Now can we please stop reliving your epic failures and talk about Pacifica.

So you did that all by yourself did you? Grind down a powerful alliance? When was this? I can honestly tell you that you're pretty much clueless as to what goes on unless you have more than anecdotes about this one time you fought in a big war. I've done everything from grunt-level soldiering to leading vast coalitions of alliances in global conflict and I can tell you that you're completely and totally clueless where you're sitting. The average soldier in NPO knows pretty much nothing about what is going on. Compare that with an actually well run alliance, like oh.. Polar, where the average rank-and-file people are kept informed and will fight to the end because they know what they're fighting for. So no, I don't believe the average Pacifican will last through months and months of fighting. I think it will be over fast and you lot will be begging for mercy from us as we ZI you one by one. Your allies will be gone and all your hopes and dreams with them. As well as the cash some of you wasted on that stupid flag... at least you'll have a tangible reminder in the future of just how far of a fall hubris will provide you.

LOL wow you have lost perspective. For a second I thought we were talking about something serious or important...then I remembered where we are.

What arrogance...

Is insulting the only thing you can do? Learn a bit of class, will you. Here look, I can mock stats too. You're only about 100k causalities away from me, yet have 300 more days on you (I haven't even been in Vox for 300 days mind you), as well as TONS more NS, and you're going to tell me about war? Laughable. Fact of the matter is, I've been in an alliance that was beaten down, and you don't know anything about war. NS is nothing but an inflated number. Nukes are more destructive than they were in FAN's time. MPs, Nuclear Silos, WRCs, and Technology bonuses all go into war. Foreign Air bases, Navies, Pentagons, all of these things didn't exist in UJW. Face it. The world has changed. 22 Million NS is basically the same as 10 Million NS in those days, if even that. You finally underestime how much OTHER alliances have grown in that time. TOP has a mere 200~ members, but 10 million NS. Hell, even allinances that were nowhere before UJW, like Rok have 8 million NS.

If FAN had all these things back then, I suspect you would have lost a great deal more NS.

What you don't understand is that NS is a pathetic measure of an alliance in war. NS is NOT the end all be all for determining if a war will prevent you from dying. You're so outdated, it's laughable.

However, let's now mock your ability to actually argue.

Mogar's statement was a mention of how a war would affect you, and you simply addressed it by stating a random part about internal conflict being the only way to destroy NPO. Even if I humor you here, and allow you to win that argument, the fact of the matter is, you did NOT address Mogar's point, nor does your "internal conflict" BS address Mogar's point. Unless you expect me to believe that members leaving is internal conflict if they leave DURING WAR, which is laughable spin, considering the NPO has always utilized members leaving enemy alliances to be proof that the NPO as an EXTERNAL force was winning. IF you leave during a war because you are losing, you left because of an EXTERNAL conflict, not INTERNAL.

Now, I'll wait as you simply use methods of insult and "proof" to back up your lame assumptions.

Edited by MegaAros

Why would you refer to your ally as an "epic failure"? I thought the party line had changed to "best buddy forever and always".

I believe GTTokAK was referring to some of Electron Sponge's actions as "epic failure" and not the alliance as a whole.

Why would you refer to your ally as an "epic failure"? I thought the party line had changed to "best buddy forever and always".

Well I was refering to Sponge's late leadership of our "best buddies forever and always" but if you would like you include your leadership in that statement thats ok too.

as has been stated already, War shouldn't cause any internal conflict, as a member of CDS, we went into wars knowing we'd lose, and suffered maybe 10 surrenders in the entirety of the Unjust War, and I didnt mind the losses, they weren't real CDS members if they surrendered, we had similar results in Great War 3 as well, because our alliance culture wasn't based upon winning, it was based upon brotherhood. NPO has a victory culture that has left your alliance bloated, because so many of your members are there "Because NPO has never lost a war" if you don't believe me, start reading some of your applications, when the time comes that NPO is on the losing end of a war, this will come back to bite you in the $@!. I've seen how NPO is internally, and however you want to try to spin it on these forums will not change the fact if NPO ever loses a war, they'll lose half their membership, People have asked me of I'm Anti-NPO, I'm not, I'm anti-propaganda.

Edited by Mogar

I'm not, I'm anti-propaganda.

Correct definition is, you are anti propaganda which is anti your own propaganda, making you exactly the same as anybody else, my child.

But you are good for a laugh.

Also thanks to all which congratulated us.

Edited by Branimir

Correct definition is, you are anti propaganda which is anti your own propaganda, making you exactly the same as anybody else, my child.

But you are good for a laugh.

Also thanks to all which congratulated us.

Not really, would you care to disprove tht a large percentage of your applications have something similar to "NPO is the strongest/biggest/won every war they're in" as the reasoning for why they're joining? More alliances should simply be open and honest, instead of attempting to sway the masses with whatever they want the masses to believe.

http://pacificorder.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=82486

Why do you want to join The New Pacific Order: Although I had no problems with the GDA I figured I would try a new alliance with my new account , and NPO is large which means more active members at a time to answer questions and help faster if there is a problem.. Security...
Why do you want to join The New Pacific Order: I want to join a strong alliance & a long term realationship
Why do you want to join The New Pacific Order: its strong and will offer me protection and aid me if i was dammaged in war.
Why do you want to join The New Pacific Order: I realize that to get the most out of any game you need help, I want help from the best.
Why do you want to join The New Pacific Order: Because I'm new in this game and I'm sure it will be a great place to learn how to play, and a powerful alliance.
Why do you want to join The New Pacific Order: Pacifica looks like the best organized, most well protected, and productive alliance.

all but 2 of the applications from monday had something similar to what I stated as the reason for joining, so I dont believe that what I stated was propaganda.

Edited by Mogar

Not really

I will beg to differ, all those who ever say they are anti propaganda are always telling half truths. (OOC: And its quite silly, because its only natural that we all support certain in game political agendas in a political simulator. Thats the point of the game.)

And about the hypothetical discussion that is going on here to which you alluded to not really answer my general response about your own made comment about your general nature, its off topic and am not partaking in it. This what ifs debate is not that interesting to me, just comes across to me as wishful thinking of some, and you have your debater already.

edit: Looking at your edit my child I thank you for the free recruiting advert. People that wish powerful, organized alliance with large active membership base which can provide them security and prosperity to their nations are at a right place at the New Pacific Order. Strength in Unity.

Edited by Branimir

If the NPO wanted to have the most elite 118 nations we wanted, we could do that, but that's not how the New Pacific Order chooses to run its alliance.

Well.....

We do have 5 of the top 10 nations and 16 of the top 118 nations. So you couldn't have us 16 of the (most elite at least by cn stats) unless of course you wanted to go ahead and go to war and wreck us out of the top 118 :ph34r:

Also congrats on the milestone, we'll have to try and catch up.

Edited by LiquidMercury

While you're crying perhaps you'd like to hear a rousing rendition of
? It will bring tears and inspiration.

That made me watch

again

Anyways, congrats NPO.

also thread turned into GW1 surrender terms discussion

it's like CN's Godwin's Law for NPO threads

Edited by Joe Kremlin