Congratulations NPO!

Swiper

We play hard, and we win. But at the end of the day I've never rubbed that defeat in anyone's face. I personally haven't insulted another player for being on the losing side. That is what I consider sportsmanship. We play, one of us wins, but I try to shake hands and move on.

You declared war on an alliance a fraction of your size for defending their allies. You got their surrender and then made them pay 82,000 tech in exchange for not destroying them completely.

That is not shaking hands and moving on. I would argue that you rubbed the defeat in their face.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly this, I thanked every MK nation that sent me tech. Doesn't the concept of sportmanship exist anymore?

Boy: Mom, I robbed someone today.

Mom: Did you remember to say thank you?

Boy: Of course, I was very polite.

Mom: You are such a good son.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

You declared war on an alliance a fraction of your size for defending their allies. You got their surrender and then made them pay 82,000 tech in exchange for not destroying them completely.

That is not shaking hands and moving on. I would argue that you rubbed the defeat in their face.

Rubbing defeat in their face is what we do to FAN.

But enough about surrender terms. You know what rocks? The NPO's tech production. That's what rocks.

Yeah, I'm dropping it ok :P

And thanks ES, nice to know you don't hold back the punches when you want to humiliate someone. Yes thats my singing, yes it wasn't the best. I had crappy recording and a headset as a mic.

But yeah, nice to know that you'd happily hurt players just because I disagree with you.

But yeah, nice to know that you'd happily hurt players just because I disagree with you.

What kind of 'woe is me' crap is this? If you are going to say something stupid then people will call you out on it. Don't try to turn it around and act like you are being bullied if you say something that makes no sense.

1 million is fine and dandy but lets put it in perspective

Gramlins has 118 nations, and 624,124 tech

The NPO has 957 nations, and 1,003,594 tech.

Per nation, Gramlins has 5272.24 tech/nation

while the NPO has 1048.69 tech/nation.

...All I'm sayin.

Edit: And huge tech reparations are a 'standard' set by the Orders in the GPA and NADC wars.
Tool of the old Polar Imperialist agenda that I am, I'm just going to point out that BLEU asked for a grand total of 300 million from NADC, most of which ended up in the pockets of the nations who had to deal with NADC members going nuke rogue on them. :P
Edit fffff
You rang? smiley_smug.gif Edited by Fallen_Fool

...All I'm sayin.

However, comparing apples to apples:

NPO's top 118 nations has 488,287.04 tech.

So we still have a little work to do there.

Well...yes.

The NPO is 8.1x bigger than you, memberwise.

If you were 8.1x bigger memberwise, you'd have 5,346,000 tech.

So...I think you know what to do.

However, comparing apples to apples:

NPO's top 118 nations has 488,287.04 tech.

The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

Edited by Raken

Yeah, I'm dropping it ok :P

And thanks ES, nice to know you don't hold back the punches when you want to humiliate someone. Yes thats my singing, yes it wasn't the best. I had crappy recording and a headset as a mic.

You're in the premier league now, sometimes there are dirty tricks and nastiness. It's all sporting right?

Point made.

Congrats NPO. I fail to see how people can say this isn't a big achievement, regardless of how they got the tech. Also, the way of the world is that winners dictate the terms...therefore if you want to dictate the terms...WIN! And please down whine about it if you don't. Actions have consequences...good or bad....we all know this.

/Continue the cry fest

If the time comes that we are not on the winning side, I am sure that myself and my comrades will accept what comes with that and work harder to avoid being given those terms again.

Just want to mention you're living in a fantasy world if you think your enemies will let you exist should you ever be on the losing end of a war.

Err, what are retirement bonuses?

We pay our nations when they retire from being procurers for their service, depending on how many deals they've done. There is no way however a procurer who has served for even just two deals can get less than $3million. It goes up from there.

Also thanks for the congratulations Swiper, sorry what's happening to your thread.

But hey, since it's such a little drop, why not give the tech back to us.

We took and will keep your tiny little drop of tech in our sea of tech because we are evil like that.

So fffff, or ggggg, or ttttt whatever is the hip letter to repeat.

Leaders these days, can hardly understand them. Getting old,...

But MK guys, we did thank you for your little drop in our ocean of tech. Hail to you my friends.

Man, there's enough sour grapes in this thread to make a vintage

Its a good season if I may say. The bitterness is just right to make it extremely good.

I know I am loving it.

...All I'm sayin.

Gramlins and the New Pacific Order, as anyone remotely familiar with either of them would know, are very different alliances in terms of what NS-level nations they permit to join.

If the NPO wanted to have the most elite 118 nations we wanted, we could do that, but that's not how the New Pacific Order chooses to run its alliance.

But the most important fact is that we are only 80k behind TOP and they have 73 more members than us! That means we are more awesome right?

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Also Cortath, we technically allow any NS nations to join providing they either have an MP or vouch from a current Gremlin member and successfully complete an application. The main difference is more that we don't recruit.

Litha Riddle, I think the reason you got the "go to hell" responses is that thanking someone for something they feel you stole tends to be quite condescending.