TSO announcement

I like to sign treaties with alliances I have relationships with. Other alliances might sign to proect their pixels, but I sign to further those relationships.

If this is the case you play better then 90% of the other alliances and it's great some still do. That went from the majority to the minority of CN quickly. Typically those with the most treaties are the worse ones to be with. I don't see SSSW18 signing treaties often so you must be a decent bunch. I'll visit you tomorrow on irc.

@Mod-Staff going back on topic before I'm warned.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got two conflicting agruments here.

Please don't state "You don't know what went on, so don't judge" and then go on to say "The people who need to know, know."

If you are refusing to accept opinions from those less informed and then refuse to inform them, how can you expect to get any feedback?

What, precisely, makes you think I know far more than you do? What makes us different is that you regard your ignorance as a token before the vending machine of Truth, where you put in x ignorance and receive y truth, whereas I recognize that being ignorant doesn't give my any special right to demand answers, particularly not in public. In my experience, saying "I know nothing, enlighten me; oh but before you do, here's what I think of your actions and character" in OWRP only makes one look foolish, needy, and untrustworthy.

Bottom line is, if people trust you with information, information will find its way to you. One appears more trustworthy when they don't spout in public. Ergo, in order to get information, one works quietly in private.

Claro?

Well, seems TSO and TOP should thank MCXA for their forgiveness.

Personally, TSO should of been destroyed for the BS they pulled and the respect that was lost I would hope could never be "bought" back. It seems to pay to be friends with the good ol' boys as if this was any other group of people they would of been a crater by now.

Thankfully I am not directly affected by this mess.

Good luck in your future regrowth MCXA and I hope you can rinse the stench of this mess from your walls sooner than later.

What, precisely, makes you think I know far more than you do? What makes us different is that you regard your ignorance as a token before the vending machine of Truth, where you put in x ignorance and receive y truth, whereas I recognize that being ignorant doesn't give my any special right to demand answers, particularly not in public. In my experience, saying "I know nothing, enlighten me; oh but before you do, here's what I think of your actions and character" in OWRP only makes one look foolish, needy, and untrustworthy.

Bottom line is, if people trust you with information, information will find its way to you. One appears more trustworthy when they don't spout in public. Ergo, in order to get information, one works quietly in private.

Claro?

Well I was addressing KingEd of MCXA as well in that post and the general repetetive argument of classified information.

How can you expect a valid discussion emerge if the only people who are deemed fit to judge are the ones who are directly involved in the matter and therefore obviously biased?

TSO publically announced, I can certainly assume with MCXA permission, that they were going to send 1.7 billion dollars to MCXA. Now this is a very unusual transfer of large amounts of money. This thread is for the discussion of said post and as such a discussion emerges. However, some begin to argue that those discussing their opinions of the OP know nothing of the matter and shouldn't judge. First, they wrongly aim this at those showing negative attitudes towards the OP when those hailing are just as guilty of not knowing. Then, when asked for clarification so as to make a better judgement, we get the "classified info" agruement. Therefore all discussion of the OP is invalid and everybody is clueless except for those directly involved which clearly hold a bias in the discussions.

That is exactly how thread discussions are systematically destroyed, because some governemtn don't want to answer simple yes or no questions for clarification on the judgements tey say are based on nothing.

lol @ 1.7 billion dollars

lol @ 566.66 aid slots

lol @ the poor sap who gets the last .66 of an aid slot

If it's me... I'll just round up. I have issues with sending out non-full Aid Slots. The Aid Slot has value... The money is meaningless. I can only light so many cigar's with hundreds before I get bored.

Why would TOP need the MCXA's forgiveness? :huh:

i believe he was referring to the secret arrangement TOP made with exMCXA current TSO protection that seemed to need reps paid to make the deal kosher.

but what do i know, just a guess. B)

Must be fun to taste your own medicine.

The only thing that is bitter that I haven't read this in the Tattler or anywhere else like 2 days ago.

You never cease to disappoint me :(

Further, we don't see the money as "punishment", we planned to send them aid anyway. We will not forget our roots, and are more than happy to support them.

o/ MCXA

The only thing that is bitter that I haven't read this in the Tattler or anywhere else like 2 days ago.

You never cease to disappoint me :(

Further, we don't see the money as "punishment", we planned to send them aid anyway. We will not forget our roots, and are more than happy to support them.

o/ MCXA

See guys, this was the plan the whole time!!! ;)

The nations of The Sweet Oblivion are happy to announce that we have begun the process of healing the rift between ourselves and the nations of MCXA.

We understand that our actions have caused MCXA to suffer a great loss and we aknowledge our obligation to help replace that which was taken from them.

I would like to personally apologize to MCXA and the CN community for the contents of our DOE, it was an inexcusable act of arrogance, one that will not be repeated.

Along with this brief but truly spoken apology, MCXA will recieve aid from TSO totalling 1.7 billion Dollars to use as they see fit. We will also honor our previous promise to vote for MCXA's senator of choice.

To my former comrades, I am sorry, you had every reason to expect more from us.

May you quickly recover. o/

Special shout out to TOP for their arbitration skills and professional calmness

Here's what I'm thinking about this:

You guys didn't think this through, and later realized that by doing what you did, you became the subject of some controversy. The idea of being in a place where you're not quite tC, and not quite Citadel only added to the controversy, and when you realized that TSO had no real identity, it was time to get one. Meanwhile, nobody knows whether to support you or discard you.

While the "inexcusable" act of arrogance in your DoE suggested tC roots, your apology for it and will to make amends suggests more mature roots. Nonetheless, you TSO guys are 1000% more humble now than you were then. And rightfully so. You are the foundation of a powder-keg, as a pawn between tC and Citadel, and with enough pre-planned failed diplomacy, another World War.

Time to get friendly? I would imagine so. It would make a lot more sense for you guys to replace TOP as your protectorate with MCXA. That way, you have an identity, and the confusion is magically whisked away. However, don't forget those days when you split from MCXA and none of tC would come near you, when TOP did.

o/ MCXA

This was your plan? Let me guess what happened next; someone leaked your plan to MCXA which caused you to rush things (for some reason) and spend all your money on hookers and blow?

By the way was there a deadline for this payment?

I find it amusing to see people on multiple sides of this issue united in their distaste for the agreement. :lol:

it sets an interesting precedent, which may be used for ill in the future, I dont see why anyone would find that to be a good thing.

If it's me... I'll just round up. I have issues with sending out non-full Aid Slots. The Aid Slot has value... The money is meaningless. I can only light so many cigar's with hundreds before I get bored.

ermm...i thught u quit resigned from TSO....or were u expelled ??

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=50059

I must have missed the disbandment notice :unsure:

o/ MCXA

aaah...i always knew u were the good guys.....ignore the other comments......they dont know you well enough :lol:

I'd like to join Fresh in thanking TSO for their sincere apology. Given the awkward beginnings of this situation, I think this is a very reasonable conclusion. MCXA has plenty of members that count some within TSO as friends, and visa versa. Hopefully this clean slate will be the beginning of a restored dialogue between our two alliances.

TOP also deserves thanks for all their assistance in our discussions.

o/ TSO

o/MCXA

o/ TOP

Did you miss the part where TSO was made up of all but two of MCXA's gov who planned the alliance in secret while poaching members from MCXA? If I was MCXA I would have rolled TSO period.

Oi! All but three of the government! I was elected High Council in the last election, and I certainly didn't join TSO!