TSO announcement

Your faux moral outrage at both MCXA and TSO entertains me. You're just disappointed we won't all get to start blowing each other back to the Moon.

Both alliances took the practical route in this matter, but sacrificed their morality in the process.

I'm an idealist and the cyberverse is a very practical world.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering what TSO did, I consider this light. They lost trust of their alliance and there was a legit CB by MCXA. It could've been a lot worse. Considering the extent of damage TSO did by leaving with the majority of their leadership and active membership, this is light. It was a betrayal of trust and this is a step in the right direction but will it mend trust? Not that fast. Only time will show things in a new light. They have to actually prove themselves after such a beginning. Money certainly will not heal a rift but it is a goodwill gesture after what they put MCXA through. A war could've occurred over this and I am glad things were resolved diplomatically.

The damage considered and the extent, this still won't make up for the loss of trust and the rift formed by it but it is a step in a direction that was more positive than the path they were headed down.

i couldnt agree more with this statement.

the rift should not be forgotten but neither should this 1st real olive branch TSO has extended to MCXA since the split.

o/ MCXA

glad to see you get the justice you deserve!

How exactly did this go down?

TSO offer this as a 'gift'?

Was it demanded by MCXA?

Did TOP offer the idea so both parties would be satisfied?

Aren't you essentially asking for the various logs between TOP, MCXA and TSO?

He likes to be informed before making an opinion.

Regardless, TSO should not forget this act of kindness from MCXA and TOP, nor pull this out a grievance in the future should a fight ever arise.

I think a short reply of "gift" "demanded" or "TOP" would suffice.

I agree that it's hard to make a judgment of the situation without knowing how these terms were agreed upon.

And this man wins the thread.

When working with big numbers it's a good idea to get perspective. I personally use Kaiser Martenses as a unit of measurement for my warchest.

Oh ye of little faith. Vox shall provide (three months from now).

Edited by Sal Paradise

When working with big numbers it's a good idea to get perspective. I personally use Kaiser Martenses as a unit of measurement for my warchest.

Sal, you are quite hilarious. :lol:

He likes to be informed before making an opinion.

Regardless, TSO should not forget this act of kindness from MCXA and TOP, nor pull this out a grievance in the future should a fight ever arise.

I'd like to say the same thing for the other way around too.

Anyway, now that TOP is done mediating this, they can get back to betraying the Grämlins for us :awesome:

I'd like to say the same thing for the other way around too.

Anyway, now that TOP is done mediating this, they can get back to betraying the Grämlins for us :awesome:

If you mean the last part yes, if you mean the other part then MCXA had the CB, not TSO.

But yeah they both better not bring this up in the future <_<

seems more like it could be answered with 3 yes or nos.

His first question is asking for the logs or a longer interpretation of the discussions, which won't come out since all parties do not want to. The three that could be answered in isolation are more follow-up question to question one and could be misinterpreted.

Do note that this is standard practice in CN. I mean, you don't get pages up and down about the discussions for an MDP and excerpts of internal arguments for or against such treaty, but you do get the announcement of a finished treaty.

Let's hope so. I haven't seen the logs either.

I think a short reply of "gift" "demanded" or "TOP" would suffice.

I agree that it's hard to make a judgment of the situation without knowing how these terms were agreed upon.

And yet you've been judging away, eh?

Congrats on getting this resolved...if you honestly think money can make your problems go away.

I wasn't aware that MCXA requires a payout to leave the alliance.

Come on Ertyy they recruited from MCXA any one else would be in smoking ruin right now. TSO paid a fair amount given there avg size and for their transgressions against MCXA hopefully the page is now turned and we can all go back to plotting against each other :P

You guys are lucky. Anyone else in this situation would be an oily spot on the sidewalk by now. Congrats on coming to terms amiably.

nuff said

You can buy 28 Kaiser Martenses at that price.

I spit ice cream all over when i read this.

And yet you've been judging away, eh?

Congrats on getting this resolved...if you honestly think money can make your problems go away.

I may have, but only on the information I have been given. The answer to those questions could help sway my judgement.

I'm no more guilty than any other poster that praised this as a win for diplomacy.

You can buy 28 Kaiser Martenses at that price.

I'm still working on paying for one. -_-

Also, LOL :lol:

While it's a large sum, I have to think it's needed. Considering that the TSO founders likely ran for office knowing that they were going to leave and then left during their terms, I think it's a fair sum and much better than a war.

Edited by Duncan King