Official NATO Announcement

Deadshot

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasoning behind this is rather clear.

This.

Also

This ODP is the very treaty that kept the web so tight and tangled. The possibilities for war are endless now.

Sigged.

Although the treaty is small, as Bob stated NATO's reason for cancelling on GOD is quite obvious, I am enjoying the view of the drama from my bunker though. So that's a plus. :)

Dude, was I right when I said Boris of Goldeneye?

Oh, and lines being erased or drawn or something.

ooc: Ya it's Boris. From Goldeneye. Being used by Lord Boris. From Cybernations.

Good luck to the parties involved, etc etc.

A crisis situation, you say?

Also, for the love of all that is good and holy, will you people come up with something other than "peanut gallery" to label commentators with? It pops up as often as magicninja in a Vanguard thread.

Certainly, but GOD no longer being connected to an alliance that leaks nation strength and members like a sieve is surely a cause for celebration.

I'm sure GOD dont befriend or disown alliances based on their NS. I would presume they are more loyal to their friends & treaty partners and not as shallow as you make them sound.

I'm sure GOD dont befriend or disown alliances based on their NS. I would presume they are more loyal to their friends & treaty partners and not as shallow as you make them sound.

Yes, because that was clearly a humorous criticism of GOD and not of NATO :v: How dare you, GOD?! How could you be so vain?

Nice attempt at spin there, though.

Sometimes crisis situations force an alliance to re-consider their treaties and reevaluate the relationship. What's wrong with that? A sovereign alliance does what it wants to and relates to who it wants to. Instead of leading GOD into thinking they will be there for them if anything happens and then just not show up, they were honest and forthright. Now, the peanut gallery calls them pansies.

We support our ODP partners in NATO and wish them the best of luck. We also appreciate the fact that we will not be led on by NATO toward false expectations. They are honest, forthright and good friends.

So that's what they should have said, no? Instead of claiming that they were reviewing treaties, just admitted to what was going on and said that the recent scenario with GOD has forced them to reevaluate their commitment to GOD and led to this cancellation. They are pansies? Please explain to me when I said that? I just don't like the deception behind the treaty cancellation, but as you have so kindly explained what really happened to me I don't think its a problem :)

Seriously, guys, this is an ODP. It's impact on the greater political world is, well, not much.

Also, NATO and Zenith aren't treatied allies, so any suggestion that this has anything to do with KMgate, which is not the subject of this conversation, is also invalid.

NATO obviously has some issues with their placement in time. They saw that in the future, their former ally would have some issues with GOD and pre-emptively cancelled their treaty. Obviously.

NATO obviously has some issues with their placement in time. They saw that in the future, their former ally would have some issues with GOD and pre-emptively cancelled their treaty. Obviously.

Ever since wentworth turned this donkey wheel he found in an ice cave we've been skipping around all over the place. OMG, can you believe Ivan retired? No, never mind, there he is talking to Liberal Extinction...

Ever since wentworth turned this donkey wheel he found in an ice cave we've been skipping around all over the place. OMG, can you believe Ivan retired? No, never mind, there he is talking to Liberal Extinction...

Best post I have seen in quite awhile, OOC: it also reminded me that I still have to watch last weeks episode on the DVR :P

shhhh!

Delta1212 has discovered the secret NATO time machine! :o

also....to all the doom and gloom conspiracy plotters out there. lighten up. there is more to this game than constantly poo-pooing every move made by established alliances like GOD and NATO. or ROK or TPF or NPO or Valhalla or MHA or whoever. you will end up with an ulcer if you can't move on to greener fields.