Announcing: Dave Grohl’s Apology Tour

nishiyoshi_mha

PLEASE STANDBY FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE MOSTLY HARMLESS ALLIANCE VOGON CONSTRUCTION FLEET…

alliance_flags8212022120459PM.jpg

***biizzurrp, crackle crackle***

Greetings citizens of planet Bob. We have largely stood by and enjoyed watching the events unfold as they have been as slow as Vogons processing paperwork. Those Vogons are also the main reason why we have not made this announcement more promptly – well that and the fact that we are still recovering from the Oktoberfest activities on Gerunda 5. Those Gerundians know how to throw a party!

bigfoot-and-alien-oktoberfest-drinking-o

All that to say that we have been very disappointed in Dave Grohl’s actions of (war) baby-making instead of music making so are launching his Apology Tour – Doomed to Stop the Madness. There will be no opening acts because, nobody really wants to watch those anyways.

If you’re still reading this message and are lost, then I probably have done a good job. For those uninformed, the popular band Nirvana only existed because of Dave Grohl’s greatness. He parlayed that greatness into Foo Fighters, and also became the front man for a Cyber Nations alliance

Flag_of_PGS.jpg

before promptly messing it all up with his latest war baby. We are more than happy to step into role of being his promoter for this apology tour. We want the Dave Grohl of old where he would randomly busk with Brandi Carlile –

Brandi Carlile and Dave Grohl surprise busking at Seattle's Pike Place Market. All 4 songs! (youtube.com)

We can only think that the madness and sense of doom felt by Dave to do such a thing, was spread from the infection that our friends in Polar have been so valiantly trying to contain.

The Mostly Harmless Alliance hereby declares war on Dave Grohl Post Grunge Supergroup, Doom Squad, and Madlads Union in defense of RIA. We hope you respect our decision to help Dave through this difficult and trying time. Think of the children.

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-childr

***end transmission***

Signed:

Nishiyoshi – the Coup-able Triumvir

TheDoogan – Hurricane Proof Triumvir

Qldvespanut – Thunder from Down Under Triumvir

That sounds fun, have a good time. Head's up, though: you're actually oA'ing into the war since RIA started it by committing the act of war against DS/MU/PGS. If you had attacked CLAWS, then you would've been using your defense clause. I understand why that would be an unappealing choice, though.

This whole announcement was cool and all, but Pat Smear was clearly the powerhouse genius that took Nirvana from a no-name c-list band to the musical juggernaut we all know and love!

Edited by berbers

2 hours ago, Sarkin said:

That sounds fun, have a good time. Head's up, though: you're actually oA'ing into the war since RIA started it by committing the act of war against DS/MU/PGS. If you had attacked CLAWS, then you would've been using your defense clause. I understand why that would be an unappealing choice, though.

I have probably an hour's worth of thoughts about this comment, but am about to be on vacation and hop on a plane.

First, I thought after all of our great chats that you would give us more credit than to list an incorrect war assumption. We obviously painstakingly took the time to write an actual DoW. The response I would have expected from you is, "That is an interesting interpretation of events that I think is incorrect because of X, could you please elaborate?" Then perhaps if you were intellectually curious you might have figured out the interpretation used and why.

Second, after the last war, MHA and CLAWS had so much fun fighting, we kept good relations. CLAWS actually developed a treaty for our consideration and MHA got all our signatures together and I sorted it with our allies. Then CLAWS had to withdraw due to broader concerns I think from their coalition. They might be able to shed light if you ask them direct. That aside, the typical process on planet bob was that this would happen and treaty web would morph and evolve. We tried, but I keep on being reminded that we are in the world we are in now.

7 minutes ago, nishiyoshi_mha said:

I have probably an hour's worth of thoughts about this comment, but am about to be on vacation and hop on a plane.

First, I thought after all of our great chats that you would give us more credit than to list an incorrect war assumption. We obviously painstakingly took the time to write an actual DoW. The response I would have expected from you is, "That is an interesting interpretation of events that I think is incorrect because of X, could you please elaborate?" Then perhaps if you were intellectually curious you might have figured out the interpretation used and why.

1.) Enjoy your vacation!

2.) Well, the only other explanation for saying that you've entered "in defense of RIA" is that you're speaking casually, in the same way that someone who helped his buddy out in a bar fight (despite his buddy throwing the first punch) might say to make the story sound better. Fair enough!

3 hours ago, Sarkin said:

1.) Enjoy your vacation!

2.) Well, the only other explanation for saying that you've entered "in defense of RIA" is that you're speaking casually, in the same way that someone who helped his buddy out in a bar fight (despite his buddy throwing the first punch) might say to make the story sound better. Fair enough!

you've been around long enough to know that you're view was never the standard. let the man enjoy his vacation instead of baiting stupidity. 

5 hours ago, Sarkin said:

1.) Enjoy your vacation!

Just landed and have a brief window. I'll take this as signaling from you that your next move is going to be in defense of a perceived aggression. That's fine. 

I was expecting to see proof of RIA's transgression and have asked around and no one has seen anything. I was thinking the proof was from spying of RIA who was not at war, which actually is an act of unprovoked aggression. If RIA in fact was conducting a coordinated amount of secret aid and there is proof of such then we have a different discussion. Typically since we're talking precedents, screens would have been posted on the OWF as a bare minimum, but people are too lazy (don't even care?) for that.

My current understanding is that there may have been humanitarian aid being sent by an ally of NoR, NoR who is currently running a handful (maybe 4) offensive wars against receiving over 30 defensive wars. This aid may have even been sent from a single member and thus was more on the order of needing to be handled with the appropriate balance / sanction.

I completely understand the desire to escalate as no one has taken the bait on either side, but to be disingenuous to use that bar fight example is not in good faith. That buddy in the bar got an ice cube and not even an ice pack.

Back to the point of aid in general. We're in a new age where financial aid is essentially meaningless. Nations get $3m a day for logging on, and several have tens of billions that will never be spent or destroyed in our lifetimes. Monetary aid drops are just symbolic solidarity than anything else.