Roll NPO? Also hello again

Johnny Apocalypse

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've posted elsewhere, the game died for me when, working with FAN, I obtained information on a massive cheating ring, reported it, provided multiple screenshots, and nothing happened.

That was in 2009.

Completely unrelated to the above, congratulations to the NPO on winning the game.

21 hours ago, pd73bassman said:

Just stumbled upon these forums again and can’t believe I still see names I remember 

Some are here to see the end, some are here in vain hope Planet Bob can return to its former glory and some are here just to remember old times.  

20 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

Some are here to see the end, some are here in vain hope Planet Bob can return to its former glory and some are here just to remember old times.  

Still hoping for the former glory.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:11 PM, Ardus said:

The game ended years ago, just nobody turned out the lights and played the "go home" music.

Roll IRON.

Pretty much.  I'm just here because of all the memories of drama.  I've actually spent most of my time in this game in RIA even though I mostly don't associate my history with RIA, that's just the last place I landed before everything died.

There's so much awesome history that we all collectively just made up and went along with, in a game with an admin who didn't really care maybe even at all to be honest.  It's pretty amazing to look back and see what we, the players, did here to make it fun.

I'll see y'all again when we hit 1k.

Edited by HeroofTime55

On 6/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, Joseph Black said:

It took effort to build the game from nothing and it will take effort to bring it back. There are just to few willing to put in the effort.

It also took effort to try to make the odds 50/50 and not 95/5.

On 6/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, Joseph Black said:

True, thats why it would take a community effort to fix the issue. 

And what effort would that entail? As far as the game's statistics and treaty webs go, your very alliance is part of the 95/5 problem, is it not?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

No question we're part of the problem. Our political connections have been established to maintain security. And we dont engage in any kind of political roleplay that would delve deeper or pose unnecessary risk to the global peace. 

Collectively new alliance arent viable as a means of shifting culture or discourses. I'm not leaving my alliance and neither is anyone else that has established connections and community. 

Without growth in the community there is only decay. And with most alliances either completely inactive or socially removed from the world thats all that is left. 

Edited by Joseph Black

15 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

No question we're part of the problem. Our political connections have been established to maintain security. And we dont engage in any kind of political roleplay that would delve deeper or pose unnecessary risk to the global peace. 

Collectively new alliance arent viable as a means of shifting culture or discourses. I'm not leaving my alliance and neither is anyone else that has established connections and community. 

Without growth in the community there is only decay. And with most alliances either completely inactive or socially removed from the world thats all that is left. 

So you acknowledge your AA is part of the problem, but won't initiate any community effort because you wish to maintain the very security that is causing stagnation. You also claim that new alliances don't have the clout to have a forceful enough impact.

You can't call for 'community effort' if you expect others to do it for you and you aren't going to at least try and lead a charge.

You are the dog in the house that is on fire saying "This is fine"

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

So you acknowledge your AA is part of the problem, but won't initiate any community effort because you wish to maintain the very security that is causing stagnation. You also claim that new alliances don't have the clout to have a forceful enough impact.

You can't call for 'community effort' if you expect others to do it for you and you aren't going to at least try and lead a charge.

Thank you for clarifying my point.

On 6/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, Johnny Apocalypse said:

It wasn't a call for action. Just an observation, but I'm open to doing something to change things. If something materialized that was more than just tilting a windmills.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:35 AM, Joseph Black said:

How can any kind of security have any value when everything is dead? What do you think you're securing? Don't get me wrong, I am not implying that you should change your play in any way (I have totally no freaking clue about it, and neither about you, by the way) I am just baffled that anyone can still have anything they wish to preserve in CN.

(In case anyone is wondering why I am here and why I post, then: I haven't been really playing since 2015 and my nation is still around just as a courtesy towards its trade partners. Some month I'll just completely forget about it and that will be all.)

On 5/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, The Big Bad said:

Welcome to the end of the world.  

thanks

On 5/25/2019 at 10:11 PM, Ardus said:

The game ended years ago, just nobody turned out the lights and played the "go home" music.

Roll IRON.

*RON

On 6/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, jerdge said:

How can any kind of security have any value when everything is dead? What do you think you're securing? Don't get me wrong, I am not implying that you should change your play in any way (I have totally no freaking clue about it, and neither about you, by the way) I am just baffled that anyone can still have anything they wish to preserve in CN.

(In case anyone is wondering why I am here and why I post, then: I haven't been really playing since 2015 and my nation is still around just as a courtesy towards its trade partners. Some month I'll just completely forget about it and that will be all.)

The decision to engage politically and play the game requires a suspension of belief. We still subscribe to the notion of engagement and in the spirit if that engagement mantain relations with those who will have us. 

All that is required for the game to be brought back is for the players to engage again.