Sengoku, have some honor.

Sargun II

When the common soldiers are too strong and their officers too weak, the result is insubordination. When the officers are too strong and the common soldiers too weak, the result is collapse.

When the general is weak and without authority; when his orders are not clear and distinct; when there are no fixed duties assigned to officers and men, and the ranks are formed in a slovenly haphazard manner, the result is utter disorganization.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to go the route of Letum and pretend something to the effect of "let's try to get MI6 to poach me and use it to declare war?" was never uttered in your channels?

I won't pretend like I am aware of everything that 385 different people have said in the last (insert length of time MI6 has been a thing here) in every single one of our channels. What I will say, is that "let's try to get MI6 to poach me and use it to declare war" is a dumbass idea, therefore, not something that would have been taken seriously at any level of the Order in the hypothetical scenario in which it was said.

Are you going to lie to everyone here and pretend attacking MI6 has not been contemplated by your alliance?

No, duh. We were in opposing coalitions in the last war - if we had not contemplated attacking you, we would have been negligent in our duties to our allies in IRON and (at the time) friends in the Viridian Entente.

I won't pretend like I am aware of everything that 385 different people have said in the last (insert length of time MI6 has been a thing here) in every single one of our channels. What I will say, is that "let's try to get MI6 to poach me and use it to declare war" is a dumbass idea, therefore, not something that would have been taken seriously at any level of the Order in the hypothetical scenario in which it was said.

No, duh. We were in opposing coalitions in the last war - if we had not contemplated attacking you, we would have been negligent in our duties to our allies in IRON and (at the time) friends in the Viridian Entente.

Oh, we're actually agreed here. I was just making the point to Sengoku who have this fabulous fantasy where their idea of justifying their alliance and government repeatedly spying on an alliance is due to similar banter.

They made the claim that such banter doesn't exist in other alliances, and I proved two easy examples.

I'm fairly sure you're aware of the situation, though. It's included in the same one where you defended NG's racial bigotry (see: Letum's "rehabilitated", totally not the complete same allies) while one of your members who clearly has issues with it for pretty straight forward reasons had to put up with you supporting it. (This particular thing I would imagine you won't find in most alliances, actually.) Would you say that was a bad meeting?

Edited by IYIyTh

SNX is better at protecting their members? If you say so, but I'd like to give MI6 a little longer to come up with something.

Are you really that yellow that you can't hit an alliance you all claim to have some sort of designs on and are doomed/poses no threat allegedly (despite repeated spy attacks that would point otherwise), like you need them to do it for you?

I understand NG would attack a teddy bear to keep thoughts from wandering their way at this point, but sheesh. Or does Pacifica also squelch those thoughts like it did over some initially uncomfortable feelings about the Umbrella signing?

You're all very good at talking yourselves up but if you're going to be !@#$%bags why stop halfway?

I wish I could say I expected better.

Edited by IYIyTh

I'm fairly sure you're aware of the situation, though. It's included in the same one where you defended NG's racial bigotry (see: Letum's "rehabilitated", totally not the complete same allies) while one of your members who clearly has issues with it for pretty straight forward reasons had to put up with you supporting it. (This particular thing I would imagine you won't find in most alliances, actually.) Would you say that was a bad meeting?

The internal discussions of the New Pacific Order are not up for debate here.

When it comes to Non Grata, there is a difference between support and tolerance. That entire issue delves into a whole different realm of cultural discussion, which is very much being played out throughout the entirety of world culture. I won't pretend for a minute that my views on those issues are any more correct than the current populist views, of which those who criticize Non Grata subscribe to. Time will tell - as we all saw with the various Nazi witchhunts of CN past, it does not make sense to engage in policing of OOC behavior.

The internal discussions of the New Pacific Order are not up for debate here.

When it comes to Non Grata, there is a difference between support and tolerance. That entire issue delves into a whole different realm of cultural discussion, which is very much being played out throughout the entirety of world culture. I won't pretend for a minute that my views on those issues are any more correct than the current populist views, of which those who criticize Non Grata subscribe to. Time will tell - as we all saw with the various Nazi witchhunts of CN past, it does not make sense to engage in policing of OOC behavior.

Seems a bit unfair for your ally to discuss internal discussions of MI6 but in claiming their allies don't discuss remotely anything similar....

Weird.

I probably wouldn't want to discuss that meeting and publicly available log dump of it too if I were you. It doesn't reflect very well on your FA meetings...or whatever you want to call them.

OOC: Godwin! I declare vic....what time is it? !@#$. I don't actually dislike NG, I find a lot of individual opinions a few of their members have to be reprehensible. But for the purpose of this exercise, in claiming that certain folks are reprehensible one has to consider who one stands with, and there can be some...weighing of the scales in some respect that provide a detailed bit of hypocrisy is all. That and the bit Letum wrote about rehabilitated allies was just ... too easy.

Edited by IYIyTh

Seems a bit unfair for your ally to discuss internal discussions of MI6 but in claiming their allies don't discuss remotely anything similar....

Weird.

I probably wouldn't want to discuss that meeting and publicly available log dump of it too if I were you. It doesn't reflect very well on your FA meetings...or whatever you want to call them.

Whatever floats your respective boats, I guess.

Whatever floats your respective boats, I guess.

I don't have a boat, I have but one nation, and she's a sailin' into the sunset.

Edited by IYIyTh

They are unable to properly protect against espionage incidents.

My boat seems to be in working order :) Can't say the same for others!

Edited by IYIyTh