Sengoku, have some honor.

Sargun II

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll just stick to accusing people of unidentified spy attacks like everyone else.

I was going to say, if the spy attack was a failure then you need to look at Petro. That is his area of expertise.

And no one is accusing Petro of an unidentified spy op without credible evidence or suspicion. He was busted for a failed spy op and openly alluded to performing others. The reasons for suspecting Petro's involvement are far more credible than any suspicions you have in regards to the spy op you just suffered.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

The intensity in here...I could cut it through the air with a knife.

Well Avakel, although you'll probably just say I am being ficticious, but if your not spying on IRON then who are you spying on? You can tell me, I swear it'll be our little secret ;)

Freudian slip?

I was going to say, if the spy attack was a failure then you need to look at Petro. That is his area of expertise.

And no one is accusing Petro of an unidentified spy op without credible evidence or suspicion. He was busted for a failed spy op and openly alluded to performing others. The reasons for suspecting Petro's involvement are far more credible than any suspicions you have in regards to the spy op you just suffered.

Oh yes, of course! Damnit Petro, stop spying your allies! MI6 is over there! Sober up, man!  :v:

Let's not forget that MI6 attempted to blackmail Umbrella and that's an enormous reason why your two alliances have split and do not get along. So in truth MI6's own behavior has more to do with your change of fortune of the last year and a half than any supposed undermining your former allies did to you.

So wait, now MI6 attempted to blackmail Umbrella instead of it being some thoughtgame called Operation: Goliath? What will Umbrella think of next as the reason that MI6 somehow betrayed Umbrella? So, yeah... As for MI6's behavior on behalf of our allies... Which two alliances planned to roll Aztec and then let MI6 take the full blame? Hint: The answer is in this very thread. Which alliance finally went balls to the wall for Sparta only to have Sparta drop them after the war? But yes, there has been absolutely no undermining of MI6 by their former allies.

I should point out that NG and Umbrella have both ended up in trouble as a result of "attitude", and both got out of it with serious diplomatic effort.

But you seem to equate such serious effort as being akin to some form of self-debasement...which would explain a lot.

MI6 tried serious diplomatic effort. MI6 got rebuffed at every single turn. As for self-debasement- when y'all continuously spout lies and whatever new party line you want to spout as well as insult MI6, we don't just jerk you off in hopes that you finally pat our heads. Y'all have enough people that do that already you don't need MI6. If you want to actually engage in some serious diplomatic effort, by all means, MI6 is ready for that. The shithole of an embassy y'all got on our forums- if that is your version of serious diplomatic effort, then yeah, you want to be able to simply insult us at a whim, abuse us as you want, and watch as we bob our heads while on our knees. Won't happen. 

TBF, I think MI6 is well deserving of the attention. Some late karma for all their poached eggs. 

But even if Sengoku is in the wrong in this situation, MI6 is a dead trend. If I were MI6, I'd simply leave and find an alliance that isn't entirely !@#$.

Wait- you still harping about poaching. Wow. And people like Letum want to talk about serious diplomatic efforts needed by MI6. When facing shit like this or being confronted with lies being spread by the likes of Umbrella or whatever the shit that Sengoku is on about- yeah. Sorry, y'all want serious diplomatic efforts, then y'all need to stop spewing shit. 

If we're being honest, besides my little jab at one member for posting literally nothing adding to discussion, my first comment was merely at the argument that Myth wants to make that being accepted and staying on an AA is somehow not being part of an alliance.  Sorry if I don't share the same belief...if you aren't in an alliance, one shouldn't be sitting on an AA, otherwise their actions/words are representative of a member of said alliance, especially coming from someone as known as Myth.  I don't agree with the idea of allowing someone to sit on an AA and say what they want yet allowing the said alliance to be free from anything they say because he's "not a member."  Well that, and responding to Mogar's continuous disapproval of what alliances are doing, yet does nothing besides whine on OWF.

Then came the various attacks on myself and IRON from Myth and Keres, so the same was returned.  Probably could of left out my comment to Vladmir, but my minor insult was nothing to what came following it.  That being said, I have 0 grudge against MI6 or anyone IRON fought last war...I told the same to IAT/TOP following the conclusion of the war, in my eyes it was settled.  

I made a post earlier, asking what MI6 plans to gain from this, besides pointing out Petro was caught.  He was, Sengoku can't at least deny that one since it was a failed attempt, and Sengoku doesn't seem to really care.  Be it once, or 100 times, I still don't see how it matters how many.  So that's where were at...we can literally sit here and argue if it was wrong for Sengoku to do, but as it's been mentioned already, most alliances have had spy attacks done to them sometime while not at war, most times the person isn't caught.  It's really up to MI6 on how they want to react too it or not.  However, I think Duderonomy shined a pretty good light on how this thread has only reinforced past opinions of MI6, especially when various alliances have been insulted, be it NG/Aztec/IRON/NPO/etc.  I get rumors have been swirling, these spy attacks, and so forth that MI6 seem to be in screw it mode (know you'll could be a target, so no point in lying down, start letting insults fly).  Which is fine, but it certainly isn't making any said alliances believe MI6 has changed either.  It's been more detrimental then good, and the usual barrage of insults one expects from both sides during war are already happening when no one has even declared a war.

If you think this thread has reinforced opinions against MI6, then you have not read this thread deeply enough. The opinions were already there. They weren't reinforced in the slightest. They weren't strengthened. They remained exactly as they have been for the past year or so. We aren't in screw it mode, we are in the "we are going to act exactly like NG/Sengoku/NPO/IRON/etc" but y'all seem to get seriously butthurt over it. 

I hold only a couple of grudges. None against IRON and hell, I don't even have a grudge against Sengoku. That won't prevent me from telling an idiot he is an idiot.

Wait- you still harping about poaching. Wow. And people like Letum want to talk about serious diplomatic efforts needed by MI6. When facing !@#$ like this or being confronted with lies being spread by the likes of Umbrella or whatever the !@#$ that Sengoku is on about- yeah. Sorry, y'all want serious diplomatic efforts, then y'all need to stop spewing !@#$. 

Well I personally, don't exactly want serious diplomatic efforts.... I just wish the sides arguing were a bit more even.

The intensity in here...I could cut it through the air with a knife.

Well Avakel, although you'll probably just say I am being ficticious, but if your not spying on IRON then who are you spying on? You can tell me, I swear it'll be our little secret ;)

Freudian slip?

Well, that depends. Is it spying if they've set up an advertised webcam?

It'd help if you didn't treaty anything that was a threat to you.

I'm just as dissatisfied with the way Bob has become as the next person. However, I'm not dictator of IRON or anywhere near it. I, as all our members, are free to express their opinions about anything our government does, but that doesn't mean my opinion is how things are going to happen.

Next you will probably say something like: "Then why continue supporting this hegemony by being in IRON?" or something like that.

Well, to put it simple, I think IRON is the best fit for me in terms of culture and people. I think they are connected to other AAs I also enjoy the company of. I also don't think my moving would change anything about the continued deforestation of Bob, and overall, I don't think our governments intention is to simply treaty everything that threatens us. I think the situation is far more complex and I don't think anyone is particularly satisfied with the current trends.

[OOC: I could go into a lot more detail, but it would be OOC]

So wait, now MI6 attempted to blackmail Umbrella instead of it being some thoughtgame called Operation: Goliath? What will Umbrella think of next as the reason that MI6 somehow betrayed Umbrella? So, yeah... As for MI6's behavior on behalf of our allies... Which two alliances planned to roll Aztec and then let MI6 take the full blame? Hint: The answer is in this very thread. Which alliance finally went balls to the wall for Sparta only to have Sparta drop them after the war? But yes, there has been absolutely no undermining of MI6 by their former allies.

MI6 tried serious diplomatic effort. MI6 got rebuffed at every single turn. As for self-debasement- when y'all continuously spout lies and whatever new party line you want to spout as well as insult MI6, we don't just jerk you off in hopes that you finally pat our heads. Y'all have enough people that do that already you don't need MI6. If you want to actually engage in some serious diplomatic effort, by all means, MI6 is ready for that. The !@#$hole of an embassy y'all got on our forums- if that is your version of serious diplomatic effort, then yeah, you want to be able to simply insult us at a whim, abuse us as you want, and watch as we bob our heads while on our knees. Won't happen. 

Wait- you still harping about poaching. Wow. And people like Letum want to talk about serious diplomatic efforts needed by MI6. When facing !@#$ like this or being confronted with lies being spread by the likes of Umbrella or whatever the !@#$ that Sengoku is on about- yeah. Sorry, y'all want serious diplomatic efforts, then y'all need to stop spewing !@#$. 

If you think this thread has reinforced opinions against MI6, then you have not read this thread deeply enough. The opinions were already there. They weren't reinforced in the slightest. They weren't strengthened. They remained exactly as they have been for the past year or so. We aren't in screw it mode, we are in the "we are going to act exactly like NG/Sengoku/NPO/IRON/etc" but y'all seem to get seriously butthurt over it. 

I hold only a couple of grudges. None against IRON and hell, I don't even have a grudge against Sengoku. That won't prevent me from telling an idiot he is an idiot.

There were multiple issues and the one he's referring was just the last one. 

We haven't really needed to spread anything as plenty has come out that was even corroborated in this topic.

You might want to reflect on why your former allies keep "undermining" you. The thing is, even though they're not well-liked in many quarters they at least don't have the victim attitude your posts exhibits here.

Edited by Monster

Well I personally, don't exactly want serious diplomatic efforts.... I just wish the sides arguing were a bit more even.

I feel ya there but don't really care about sides. I just want casualties. 

I'm just as dissatisfied with the way Bob has become as the next person. However, I'm not dictator of IRON or anywhere near it. I, as all our members, are free to express their opinions about anything our government does, but that doesn't mean my opinion is how things are going to happen.

Next you will probably say something like: "Then why continue supporting this hegemony by being in IRON?" or something like that.

Well, to put it simple, I think IRON is the best fit for me in terms of culture and people. I think they are connected to other AAs I also enjoy the company of. I also don't think my moving would change anything about the continued deforestation of Bob, and overall, I don't think our governments intention is to simply treaty everything that threatens us. I think the situation is far more complex and I don't think anyone is particularly satisfied with the current trends.

[OOC: I could go into a lot more detail, but it would be OOC]

So now you know why MI6 does not simply disband. 

We haven't really needed to spread anything as plenty has come out that was even corroborated in this topic.

You might want to reflect on why your former allies keep "undermining" you. The thing is, even though they're not well-liked in many quarters they at least don't have the victim attitude your posts exhibits here.

Victim card? So talking about former allies undermining us as one of the main reasons why our diplomatic efforts have born no fruition is now playing a victim card? If you say so bro. You claim you are stating fact, so am I. No victim card. Don't really give enough of a shit for that really. I have always stated forthrightly that MI6 is a bunch of abrasive, loud-mouthed, assholes. We don't lie down and hope to be given scraps from anyone in the hopes of finally being allowed to eat from a plate somewhere in the vicinity of the big kids table. That is not playing the victim. Hell, if you want, talk to Roq and TimLee about my discussions with them from way back when. 

But hearing the same bullshit continuously talked about is boring and inane. Y'all gonna hate us regardless of what we do. So why bother with y'all at all really. MI6 is gonna burn. It will be a delightful burning. Those of us at MI6 don't care about burning. We don't care about our pixels. We will fight til the end, whenever that may be. 

Multiple issues..correct. MI6 on multiple occasions called you and umbrella out for openly favouring Aztec over TOP and MI6 (who you were still allied to at the time). Indeed, you actively plotted to bring about a series of events which would see yourself and your new allies in Aztec benefit directly at the expense of both TOP and MI6.

Or better yet, in your own words

14:29 Charles_Stuart if you were worried about both sets of allies being conflicted and past the point of no return, why oppose a treaty that would have cooled things down?
14:30 Charles_Stuart im genuinely curious
14:30 Roquentin the intent of top-sparta/NPO was questionable and seen as potentially aggressive towards AZTEC due to what sparta had done along with other hints of it
14:31 Roquentin so AZTEC lost faith in relations with XX/TOP
14:31 Roquentin and more with TOP after that
14:31 Charles_Stuart last I checked, MI6 and TOP were allied to you, umbrella
14:31 Charles_Stuart not Aztec
14:31 Charles_Stuart yet you opposed the treaty to placate aztec?
14:31 Charles_Stuart or did I misread it?
14:32 Charles_Stuart and aztec had lost faith in relations with TOP long before that
14:33 Charles_Stuart my point stands, why did umbrella oppose a treaty that would have seen our entire sphere at that time benefit? because based on what you just said, you deliberately favoured relations with aztec over both MI6 and TOP
14:33 Roquentin we opposed the treaty at first because sparta-top hadn't been signed and there was concern about that   and then when it went ahead anyway in terms of the two offering, we opposed it because we knew it'd create an arms race scenario where you wouldn't win
14:34 Charles_Stuart you wouldnt win, who are you referring to as you?
14:34 Roquentin well
14:34 Roquentin your corner top/sparta/mi6

we knew it'd create an arms race scenario where you wouldn't win

So instead you deliberately ensured that TOP, sparta and MI6 would never and could never win so as to make sure that Aztec and by extension umbrella would be on the winning side.

So, still want to scoff at the notion that MI6 were "undermined"? Or want to raise the stakes higher and do a "logs are fake" response? 

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

I also find it quite comical that MI6 is complaining about things like honor, dignity, chivalry and the like with their own history.

Yeah, quite true.
I made it quite clear when they first formed they were the same old vanilla alliance like everyone else, except they turned out to be more active and to be decent poachers.
Other than that there is nothing special about MI6 that sets it above everyone else, however they were unlucky that their sphere crumbled. That Sphere was made of dicks imo so I'm glad that it did crumble. 

TBF, I think MI6 is well deserving of the attention. Some late karma for all their poached eggs. 
But even if Sengoku is in the wrong in this situation, MI6 is a dead trend. If I were MI6, I'd simply leave and find an alliance that isn't entirely !@#$.

I don't know what MI6 culture is like but most alliances are dead themselves only becoming active during war periods but otherwise mostly dead. MI6 is probably the best community, why join some mediocre alliance where the main activity is growing pixels. I think it's better to battle through the storm with a strong community rather than protecting your pixels by joining some boring alliance. 

Clearly all of MI6 should join IRON.

Ideally yes. 

This probably isn't a question for this thread, but why do the likes of New Polar Order and all those other alliances remain in that sphere. I know why the current power remain in their spheres, for fear of getting rolled. However if you're getting rolled every year and you exist in the same sphere, idk it seems kinda repetitive. 

Other than that, the general theme of the arguments in this thread seems to be MI6's response to everything. Now MI6 is getting rolled and they know they're getting rolled and probably for the same reasons they got rolled before. 

On an ending note, CN is a horrible broken mess.