GOONS Announcement

I remember Emperor Marx when he was an incompetent bumbling doofus who could bare herd that melange of half-wits known as \m/. Now he's surprised us all I think, definitely has moved leaps and bounds of the years to a leader worthy of being heard.

Basically.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Emperor Marx when he was an incompetent bumbling doofus who could bare herd that melange of half-wits known as \m/. Now he's surprised us all I think, definitely has moved leaps and bounds of the years to a leader worthy of being heard.

That's all fascinating, I'm sure...one never quite recovers from being a coward, however.

Edit: To clarify; Marx led \m/ 2.0, and then abandoned the AA during an aborted conflict with NPO due to OWF pressures.

Edited by Margrave

Out of the recent spate of Digiterran regime changes this is perhaps the most interesting. It has me wondering after all if Marx will be as bored and/or short-sighted of a leader as KenMo was to pledge his part in war against the Kashmirrelevant.

Perhaps I'll take you up on that open door at some point.

Edited by SirWilliam

No it isn't. If he weren't lying about what happened out of bitterness maybe it would be a good post. This isn't the place for that discussion however. 

I remember your panicking in government channels and telling me and anyone who'd listen that you'd lied about being in \m/ 1.0, and then further panicking, and then you were gone. Are there logs? No. But I know what I saw. I made the mistake of not talking the Prez spot when you offered it; I should have seen the cracks then (OOC: but I was in deployed at the time and had more important RL things going on). I also made the mistake of talking you into hitting NPO with too few people in the room from Govt to make that decision; I'm well aware that I had my own part of the guilt in killing any hope for \m/ 2.0, and I'll carry that till Admin ends the world.

That being said, you displayed the most vile cowardice in the face of the enemy, and I'm the type who carries a grudge about that sort of thing. Also, as much as I have a distaste for GOONS via the constant "Hate Kashmir" campaign from KenMorningStar, I also respect Sardonic as a player; he should know what he's getting into. God help GOONS if the chips are ever against them and they're facing the pressure we did, you'll crack like a cheap china plate.

Interesting.  

I remember your panicking in government channels and telling me and anyone who'd listen that you'd lied about being in \m/ 1.0, and then further panicking, and then you were gone. Are there logs? No. But I know what I saw. I made the mistake of not talking the Prez spot when you offered it; I should have seen the cracks then (OOC: but I was in deployed at the time and had more important RL things going on). I also made the mistake of talking you into hitting NPO with too few people in the room from Govt to make that decision; I'm well aware that I had my own part of the guilt in killing any hope for \m/ 2.0, and I'll carry that till Admin ends the world.

That being said, you displayed the most vile cowardice in the face of the enemy, and I'm the type who carries a grudge about that sort of thing. Also, as much as I have a distaste for GOONS via the constant "Hate Kashmir" campaign from KenMorningStar, I also respect Sardonic as a player; he should know what he's getting into. God help GOONS if the chips are ever against them and they're facing the pressure we did, you'll crack like a cheap china plate.

I'm sorry that you're still bitter about events that happened over four years ago. Lying about those events doesn't change what actually happened, and frankly a shouting match doesn't interest me in the slightest. As for being a coward, I've been in GOONS for over four years. I recall us losing a very important war during that time, though of course I could be mistaken. 

I'm sorry that you're still bitter about events that happened over four years ago. Lying about those events doesn't change what actually happened, and frankly a shouting match doesn't interest me in the slightest. As for being a coward, I've been in GOONS for over four years. I recall us losing a very important war during that time, though of course I could be mistaken. 

Funny story; there's enough people left from \m/, an even government, who have long memories. I also like how you offer no cogent defense save an ad hominem; one wonders what dazzling set of lies you told to get GOONS to accept you in the first place. 

I'm willing to mediate a Marx-Margrave summit.

I second your nomination, but only if you promise to share the logs.
It's not for the information, just for the entertainment value (meant in the good sense).

I second your nomination, but only if you promise to share the logs.
It's not for the information, just for the entertainment value (meant in the good sense).

Inasmuch as his rhetorical ability is limited to stonewalling and the mismanagement of truth, I'd posit that the exchange would be rather one sided. Also, there's no ethical meeting place between me and someone whose shown themselves to be craven.

Edit: it's delightful to me that time is supposed to cover the sin of yellow bellied, boot licking,  kicked curr cowardice; especially when he refuses to acknowledge it at all, instead to come back with a to qouque/ad hominem double barreled logical fallacy of a response,  all while avoiding the exhausting mental exercise that would be coming up with a lie more complex than "nuh uh!".

You stay classy,  Marx.

Edited by Margrave