• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point most of the damage done is to people with 1k infra who magically have 1k infra the next day lol.

I did 1,669 infra damage to eatemup recently, he just kept rebuying. Ive rebought twice this war.

So it's probably time to stop bragging, all the real damage was done a few weeks ago :/

At this point most of the damage done is to people with 1k infra who magically have 1k infra the next day lol.

I did 1,669 infra damage to eatemup recently, he just kept rebuying. Ive rebought twice this war.

So it's probably time to stop bragging, all the real damage was done a few weeks ago :/

I'd say the real damage just starts showing up after a few rounds of war. When you have 14k infra and 10k land, that's a lot of NS that's "easy" to destroy and replace. It's the NS from tech that really matters.

I'd say the real damage just starts showing up after a few rounds of war. When you have 14k infra and 10k land, that's a lot of NS that's "easy" to destroy and replace. It's the NS from tech that really matters.

Yeah and it sure does add up quick, especially against people still capable of using EMP's. Edited by Gibsonator21

Agreed, but most of the people in Polar for example have very little tech to boost their nukes/activate emps. So they are doing more damage to infra everyday that is rebought than tech at this time.

I didnt say you were doing no damage, just alot of the damage being done is simply repurchased infra at this point in the lower tiers.

Doesn't that go both ways?

The difference is a nation with 1k infra can easily melt off nations with 4-6k infra (much more valuable in terms of cost,) in a single round.

There is a cost efficiency involved, as well as the fact that most people don't efficiently re-build their nations -- causing direct and indirect damage due to lost growth/tech potential.

Heavy wonder/improvement laden nations in the sub 30k ns range are a significant challenge in a prolonged conflict.

Edited by IYIyTh

Yes it does go both ways of course, alot of the overall damage being done by both sides at this point is meaningless, especially considering how cheap buying to 1k infra is.

Still fun though :)

Yes it does go both ways of course, alot of the overall damage being done by both sides at this point is meaningless, especially considering how cheap buying to 1k infra is.

Still fun though :)

This isn't the case though.

From my personal experience even in prolonged conflicts this actually is far from being an exception, let alone the norm.

For instance, it's far more likely that the Polaris "Super Wonder/Improvement," (SWI) nations will be able to get off offensive wars against nations with significantly more than 3-4k infra. As more make their way to the bottom the problem compounds itself. In order to meet the race to the bottom, an opposing coalition might unnaturally harm their nations by selling off infra, or the like in order to get in range -- but with significant warchests the longer the conflict goes the farther it is actually tipped in alliance like Polaris' favor, as far as cost and lost growth goes.

The damage done at the lower tier may seem relatively meaningless and inflated but not all of it is accounted by the minority of nations Polaris is engaged with who fit the criteria of being a similar build to those who hit them. While people may counter that the cost of sustaining such a conflict wouldn't be worth it to Polaris, the cost that it is inflicting on the remaining combatants is hardly insignificant from a time/dollars/cents perspective.

Each day other alliances rebuild or remain un-engaged having wrapped up their front represents additional opportunity cost to their enemies.

Interesting subject, is all.

Indeed, that happened a couple of weeks ago. If it weren't for TOP recently coming out of PM with their upper tier nations, FTW would barely be taking any damage at all.

but with significant warchests the longer the conflict goes the farther it is actually tipped in alliance like Polaris' favor, as far as cost and lost growth goes.

In terms of lost growth, I'm not sure that will continue to stay in NpO's favor.. if it ever really was. They only have 13 nations over 6k infra, 12 of which are in PM, meaning they can't send money, aren't making as much in collections, and that 1 nation will be under 6k infra too soon if he stays in war mode.

Many of them are already eating into what is considered to be post-war rebuilding funds, under normal circumstances. Meanwhile, our big nations continue to grow and rake in big collections.

Edited by Big Ego

Indeed, that happened a couple of weeks ago. If it weren't for TOP recently coming out of PM with their upper tier nations, FTW would barely be taking any damage at all.

In terms of lost growth, I'm not sure that will continue to stay in NpO's favor.. if it ever really was. They only have 13 nations over 6k infra, 12 of which are in PM, meaning they can't send money, aren't making as much in collections, and that 1 nation will be under 6k infra too soon if he stays in war mode.

Many of them are already eating into what is considered to be post-war rebuilding funds, under normal circumstances. Meanwhile, our big nations continue to grow and rake in big collections.

You don't need infra to send out money. It is true that your top tier nations are growing at this stage of the war, but if you have a mid-tier or lower tier set of nations they are likely being pulverized was the point Iyiyth was making.

Your alliance has a negative ratio, and you've been receiving aid all war because you burned their your WC. Please spare us the bravado.

Your alliance has a negative ratio, and you've been receiving aid all war because you burned their your WC. Please spare us the bravado.

Umm, okay? I don't see how this refutes my theory.

Basically all I'm saying is eventually Polaris may run low on money, and I didn't say it with complete confidence. Untwist your panties, Starfox :P