• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's harsh :( We'd have needed fight for a year if they didn't!

Maybe but I have to say Polar have put up one hell of a fight no one can deny that and your balls to the wall outlook at the start of the war earned my respect. Not many AA's who knew a beat down was coming would have the balls to sit with the entire AA out of PM.

Starfox, there's no grudge within R&R.  The embassy stuff has, however, certainly burnt bridges and both alliances are no doubt clearer about their respective futures because of it.

I think we could have done things better in this war, but I'm not going to waste my time lamenting something that I can't undo.

Think the bridge has been burned for a while honestly.

I'm completely unsurprised by the stats, the mechanics of this world are so far tilted in DBDC's favor to expect anything else is naive. When you sucker-punch an isolationist AA with nations the size that DBDC has, you're going to anarchy most of the people you're fighting in the first set of attacks, which means you control who fights who. Second, DBDC has 7 nations above 50k tech. WTF has 0 (well, had 0. It looks like CT may have grown a conscience and has switched AAs to WTF). A 10k-60k advantage in tech is a big deal and DBDC did a good job of making sure those 7 nations were distributed where they needed to be so maximize control of the battlefield. No one in WTF will ever win a GA*, thanks to the interceptor wonder championed by DBDC they will only land ~50% of their CMS, they will likely never win a naval battle, and they will run out of nukes quickly with no chance of escaping to PM to restock. I guarantee DBDC ran the numbers numerous times before declaring and this outcome was cemented before the first declaration was made.

*I'm sure someone in WTF will win a GA here or there by luck, it isn't going to be often enough to be considered meaningful.

Don't worry about it being propaganda. With RnR being a heavily mid-tier alliance, it would serve more purpose to have them on our side. Thus, for it to be propaganda, it would need to be me attempting to get RnR to side with us, rather than pushing them away. Truthfully, I want nothing to do with them. Historically, I've always liked them, and seen them as a friend many times. Times change. And I lied earlier. I guess I've paid a little attention to backroom dealings, and I do not like the way Dajobo has been treated in their embassy, nor the comments I've seen on IRC.

It's also been an unofficial mission of Polar to put RnR into the negatives, for good reason. There's more to it than a large number of wars, as there are a number of underlying issues.

However, it would seem that IRON-Sparta being #1 was simply a matter of circumstance. And in that case you are 100% correct.

I assume Dajobo showed you both sides, right? You know, where he behaved like a child throwing a tantrum because he didn't like the way things turned out. It's not like the war kicked off, and we suddenly started tearing him down left and right. We're a nice bunch.

I, along with the rest of R&R, have pretty routinely avoided responding to the disparaging comments coming from you and yours on the OWF over the last couple of months. It's not matter of having nothing to say, but that we don't see the need to add fuel to a fire we'd rather not see spread. What y'all do with that is entirely your prerogative.

I assume Dajobo showed you both sides, right? You know, where he behaved like a child throwing a tantrum because he didn't like the way things turned out. It's not like the war kicked off, and we suddenly started tearing him down left and right. We're a nice bunch.

I, along with the rest of R&R, have pretty routinely avoided responding to the disparaging comments coming from you and yours on the OWF over the last couple of months. It's not matter of having nothing to say, but that we don't see the need to add fuel to a fire we'd rather not see spread. What y'all do with that is entirely your prerogative.

Mate I told you what I thought of you, not had a tantrum. There's a very large difference.

I also kept it to the embassy and have since left, as requested.

If you want to have it out on the OWF I can accommodate you, but not here in an OOC stats thread.

A Time of Victories Heavy Defeat

Fixed, seeing as you've also taken close to double (and in some cases even quadruple) the total damage of any other alliance, in addition to having more than half (182) of your membership at 10k NS or below.

Edited by Helios