OcUK DOW on GOONS

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OcUK never contacted us for peace. They're within their right to defend themselves, but we're obligated to return the favor. If they want to talk about peace our door is always open.

It's a kind offer and I thank you for this, I'll give it due consideration, but due to our no surrender policy the options for us are limited to war and white peace.

So here we have it. OcUK, the only member of BLEU (by default), an alliance that hasn't updated their CN Wiki 'News Archive' since early 2009, has a member-nation attacked.

Rather than resolving the issue by getting GOONS to pull their guy back OcUK declares war on all of GOONS, leading to 2 offensive wars. GOONS immediately counters with half-a-dozen wars. I expect we'll probably see a few more depending on how GOONS like it - well done or medium rare.

Which leads us to wonder: is OcUK begging to be finally put out of its misery, or does it have a card up its sleave that it hopes will thwart GOONS?

Edited by Ch33kY

So here we have it. OcUK, the only member of BLEU (by default), an alliance that hasn't updated their CN Wiki 'News Archive' since early 2009, has a member-nation attacked.

Rather than resolving the issue by getting GOONS to pull their guy back OcUK declares war on all of GOONS, leading to 2 offensive wars. GOONS immediately counters with half-a-dozen wars. I expect we'll probably see a few more depending on how GOONS like it - well done or medium rare.

Which leads us to wonder: is OcUK begging to be finally put out of its misery, or does it have a card up its sleave that it hopes will thwart GOONS?

Yes it is true to say that we may well have a death wish. The question for GOONS is how long do they want us nipping at their heels before we finally die? You need to keep in mind here that when RoK attacked us, with just a hand full of nations we stayed at war for well over a year before they finally realised that white peace was the only way out.

An alliance with a death wish does not necessarily wish to die quickly. 

Didn't this already happen years ago or have I gone senile already?

GOONS raided OcUK several years ago. FAN declined to get involved, so CoJ signed a treaty which effectively stopped new wars while the existing wars expired (as I recall without digging into logs etc).

Best wishes, OcUK. Maybe some renaissances can begin with war.

GOONS raided OcUK several years ago. FAN declined to get involved, so CoJ signed a treaty which effectively stopped new wars while the existing wars expired (as I recall without digging into logs etc).

Best wishes, OcUK. Maybe some renaissances can begin with war.

Good to see you, I think you are about on the money with the historical issue and your friendship then was as valued as it is now.

With the war chests some of our nations carry I don't see this being over quickly so we could be around for a while still.

The idea of lots of money, a Manhattan Project and very little NS rather appeals ;)

I learn about a new alliance every time someone declares war on GOONS these days... Which I also think happens fairly often.

New to you maybe but certainly not new to Bob.

Yes it is true to say that we may well have a death wish. The question for GOONS is how long do they want us nipping at their heels before we finally die? You need to keep in mind here that when RoK attacked us, with just a hand full of nations we stayed at war for well over a year before they finally realised that white peace was the only way out.

An alliance with a death wish does not necessarily wish to die quickly.

Well if I remember correctly, and being that a few years have passed I wouldn't bet on it, wasn't Ragnarok trying to get OcUK to pay them reparations as a term for peace?

Well if I remember correctly, and being that a few years have passed I wouldn't bet on it, wasn't Ragnarok trying to get OcUK to pay them reparations as a term for peace?

I don't recall exactly but I do know they were insisting on surrender which was not an option for us. Things came to a head when they discovered we had infiltrated their alliance. Part of the agreement for white peace was that we made known our embedded nations and had them leave RoK. The twist was that two of those nations were in .gov ;)

I can't imagine why OcUK gov would be surprised when, after putting themselves into a position ripe for raiding with their own inactivity, the are, god forbid, raided?

You're being completely unreasonable with not asking for anything other than white peace, but oh well. You have the right to make bad decisions.

So from that statement, I'm assuming GOONS isn't expecting reps as well?

If that's the case, just let it go a round and move on. Afterwards, OcUK you might want to come visit someone (Schatt is a good start) about a protectorate.

Not sure what GOONS expectations are as yet. I am always happy to talk.

I can't imagine why OcUK gov would be surprised when, after putting themselves into a position ripe for raiding with their own inactivity, the are, god forbid, raided?

You're being completely unreasonable with not asking for anything other than white peace, but oh well. You have the right to make bad decisions.

I have never claimed to be surprised. We respect the sovereignty of other nations, I am well aware that view is not universal.

If white peace is not an option we are happy to remain at war. GOONS can call it how they see it.

Are they surprised? They haven't said so, if they are.

To a raider, a tech raid is something different than a war, unless it's not*. To the raided, it is just what it is: A war. A state of war exists between OcUK and GOONS, OcUK is responding in the way they prefer without complaint.

*with fair credit to GOONS that it seems that they've become more personable than when the essay was written.

Yeah you can't really complain when someone attacks you back, after you attacked them to steal their stuff. To their credit, GOONS aren't complaining and neither is OcUK. 

This one will resolve itself shortly as it appears both parties aren't overreacting

Yeah you can't really complain when someone attacks you back, after you attacked them to steal their stuff. To their credit, GOONS aren't complaining and neither is OcUK. 

This one will resolve itself shortly as it appears both parties aren't overreacting

Absolutely, it all seems quite light hearted and reasonable to me, there is nothing to complain about as war is always a possibility on this world. I have nations capable of protracted war, not many but I have them none the less. Or we can have peace.