A War on Terror: GOP Retaliates in Defense of Neutrality

Rooman33

Is quasi-neutral another word for "we want to be able to attack you, but not be attacked by anybody"? Incompetence isn't an excuse. 

Also, their treaty with VE is a non-issue. They attacked us, not the other way around. You like adding meaningless things to your arguments, don't you? 

Quasi-neutral is the category that was often applied to GOP in recognition that they were not purely neutral. Here's [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/85436-dont-tread-on-me/]the announcement thread of the policy[/url], which rather clearly spells out their approach to situations such as this:

And, no, this is not a violation of our neutrality. Neutrality requires that we not align ourselves with other alliances or individuals - which we do not do. Irrespective of who does or doesn't join our cause, when our way of life comes under attack, we reserve the right to defend.

We call this soft(line) neutrality. OOC: Instead of aligning ourselves to Alliances (which are in a constant state of flux relative to who's in the membership and/or leadership) using treaties (which usually aren't worth the pixels they're written on), we've aligned ourselves to aspects of the game (which are ever-lasting and totally independent of which other alliances do what).

IC: Ours is a different brand of neutrality. If you're trying to understand it relative to the way the GPA or GC apply their own brands, you're not going to get it.

As for the VE protectorate, it matters simply because you'd have thought that, in all the time people have been mulling over the rolling of neutrals in periods of intense boredom (so, always) that someone would have remembered this particular twist. 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what it means at all, and if you read the several posts that state exactly why we're declaring war, you might understand. As much as I like TDO, if this war had been brought to them due to their faults, we would not be entering. Our sovereignty was threatened. On top of that, it was stated that more neutral alliances would be declared on. We felt it necessary to engage you to get rid of that threat. What's the matter? You don't like war?

I really like the GPA. I have some great friends that are in the GPA. My members that are fighting probably wouldn't be a good fit there.

:huh: You're really stretching there, bro.

Pre-emptive strike then? 

TL;DR: Waaaah neutral alliances are supposed to just sit there and not take the initiative...

Yeah, I think you've summed up the general tone and tenor of those who seem to have a problem with our involvement.

Known member of an alliance that claims to be disbanded but can't seem to find it's way off it's AA except to MQ, MagicalTrevor.

He didn't get off the MK AA except when he did 8 days ago (and has been off the MK AA since)? Is that what you're REALLY trying to go for?

Nager-avec-les-Dauphins-Cannes-PACA-06.j

EDIT: if you're talking about the people still on the MK AA then maybe you could talk to them instead of shouting like a baby, throwing your toys out of the pram, because people aren't doing what you would do?

Edited by potato

He didn't get off the MK AA except when he did 8 days ago (and has been off the MK AA since)? Is that what you're REALLY trying to go for?

EDIT: if you're talking about the people still on the MK AA then maybe you could talk to them instead of shouting like a baby, throwing your toys out of the pram, because people aren't doing what you would do?

It's not about what I would do.   I and many others however are taking notes.

when can we expect your essay on cybernations?

[b]HEEEEEERE THEY COME![/b]

SQUICKETY-SQUEEK,

D
O
W
N

T
H
E

C
R
E
E
K
!

[b][u]IT'S LOTS AND LOTS OF DOLPHINS![/u][/b]

TWO OF THE GREATEST DOLPHIN VIDEOS WE'VE EVER OFFERED! AND NOW THROUGH THIS SPECIAL TV OFFER, [b]YOU GET [u]TWO[/u] FOR THE PRICE OF [u]ONE[/u][/b]!

YOU GET BIG DOLPHINS,

LITTLE DOLPHINS,

STEAM DOLPHINS,

DIESEL, FREIGHT AND PASSENGER DOLPHINS,

EVEN DOLPHINS THAT BLOW THROUGH SNOW!

OLD DOLPHINS,

NEW DOLPHINS,

FAST DOLPHINS,

SLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW DOLPHINS,

SSSSSSSSSMOKIN' DOLPHINS!

EVEN DOLPHINS FROM
AROUND THE WORLD!

[b]+PLUS+[/b]

TOY DOLPHINS,

TROLLEY DOLPHINS,

[b]AND MUCH MUCH MORE![/b]

WHEN YOU ORDER

[b][u]LOTS & LOTS OF DOLPHINS![/u][/b]

HEEEEEEAR THE BLOWHOLE BLOW!

FEEEEEEL THE SPRAY!

SMEEEEELL THE SAND!

AS THESE SULTANS OF THE SURF SWIM ON BY!

[b]KIDS LOVE 'EM TOO![/b]

YOU'LL [b][u]LOVE LOTS & LOTS OF DOLPHINS[/u][/b]! AND REMEMBER, THIS SPECTACULAR TWO-TAPE SET [b][i]IS NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES![/i][/b]

SO HOP ON BOARD AND GET [b]TWO[/b] GRRRREAT TAPES FOR [b]ONE[/b] GRRRREAT PRICE!

GET [b][u]LOTS & LOTS OF DOLPHINS[/u][/b]!

SATISFACTION. GUARANTEED!

There are currently 15 people loving DOLPHINS.

Who is supposed to be impressed by that.  Certainly not anyone who has fought you before and had to watch you launch CMs from the turtle position.

Who is supposed to be impressed by that.  Certainly not anyone who has fought you before and had to watch you launch CMs from the turtle position.

I use whatever tactics are most effective in a given situation, including grabbing a foxhole.  Of course if you are a big war hero constantly down declaring on people at the bottom of your range and you are disappointed by the amount of resistance you are encountering, you might actually try fighting nations that are more closely matched to your NS.  I know that doesn't guarantee an easy victory for you, but at least you can stop whining so much.

I use whatever tactics are most effective in a given situation, including grabbing a foxhole.  Of course if you are a big war hero constantly down declaring on people at the bottom of your range and you are disappointed by the amount of resistance you are encountering, you might actually try fighting nations that are more closely matched to your NS.  I know that doesn't guarantee an easy victory for you, but at least you can stop whining so much.

Funny, but don't rewrite history.  You had 7K more infra than me when I declared and you were a below average fighter.  I just fought 3 nations with 8K, 10K, and 13k more infra than me and two of them had more tech.  You run your mouth a lot and most of it sounds like a lot of crying to me.

Funny, but don't rewrite history.  You had 7K more infra than me when I declared and you were a below average fighter.  I just fought 3 nations with 8K, 10K, and 13k more infra than me and two of them had more tech.  You run your mouth a lot and most of it sounds like a lot of crying to me.

You are leaving out huge chunks of the story, but that is to be expected.  You weren't the only one I was fighting and not even close to the largest.  It's entirely possible you didn't get my best.  So what?  You mad?

You are leaving out huge chunks of the story, but that is to be expected.  You weren't the only one I was fighting and not even close to the largest.  It's entirely possible you didn't get my best.  So what?  You mad?

So much hate, not enough love.  Please stay on topic or take this to PM, making this hard to read.

I could easily post anti MQ propaganda with the turtling that happened against me, we've all been around here for far too many years to get into peace mode, turtling, or any of those levels of debating, not to mention single nations meaning pretty much nothing with very few exceptions.

I could easily post anti MQ propaganda with the turtling that happened against me, we've all been around here for far too many years to get into peace mode, turtling, or any of those levels of debating, not to mention single nations meaning pretty much nothing with very few exceptions.

The difference is those guys who do turtle don't come on here talking tough.  It is a valid tactic depending on your enemy and current situation and I don't have a problem with people doing it but don't go around talking crap.  Also, I just like to remind chairmanhal that he started turtling 4 days into a global war.  4 days...

How can you consistently be so dumb?

If that's the best you've got for a come back, go back to school. 

The difference is those guys who do turtle don't come on here talking tough.  It is a valid tactic depending on your enemy and current situation and I don't have a problem with people doing it but don't go around talking crap.  Also, I just like to remind chairmanhal that he started turtling 4 days into a global war.  4 days...

It's almost like some larger nation was pounding the crap out of me and you just weren't that important...

Sorry kid, I know you like to measure your e-peen with a yardstick and all, but your comrade was doing a damn fine job of wiping me off the planet--certainly better than you were.  I also seem to recall that I was allowing one of my comrades who had more tech nuke you, so really if I wasn't throwing much in your direction, there was a damn good reason.

Now...don't you have a deletion to plan to something?  Yours I mean of course.  That's what all good Mushies do when they are faithful right?  Or are you still claiming to be one of those BSDMDBDH types?