The Democratic Order Senatorial Dispatch

Yes.  I'm sure they will love losing the upper tier that they will need to win in the coming war.

I honestly doubt that RIA will do anything about it.  They'll attack those who are hitting HoT and just avoid it as much as possible.  I find that when push comes to shove people really don't stand for as much as they say they do.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Senatorial Dispatch

Hello Bob.

We don't come to the OWF often.

We have been attacked. Torn into, bruised, suckerpunched, and laid out...

However, we are not out.

I, like others, joked or guessed or honestly believed this day would come.

They simply picked TDO first because we were the least prepared.

I don't expect pity or to be taken seriously.

We will never give in. Ever.

It takes us a while to get cranked up, we haven't done this before, but we will give you a fight.

No matter how sloppy or frantic.

Yet we will never give in. We will never submit.

Chancellor of the Democratic Order: Mcclaud

Minister of Commerce: JDorian

Minister of the Interior: Morgan Raelin

Minister of Defense: Mcclaud

Minister of the Exterior: kite453

& The Senate of The Democratic Order

A tl;dr with the best part red and bold.

I admire your fighting spirit, TDO.

Edited by Farnsworth

Then how do you explain the wars against a member of RIA?

The revisionist history going on here is laughable. Many alliances have paid prices for their arrogance, including MK and the NPO. The fact is, TDO has never done anything of so much relevance that they have ANYTHING to pay the price for. You guys can have fun on your neutral crusade, but please, for the love of admin, do not go around espousing how TDO is paying for their sins.

collateral damage 

Once upon a time I thought it reprehensible to pre-emptively attack a neutral alliance, now I feel nothing but empathy. So I'll just sit back and watch TDO burn just as y'all have watched other alliances get stomped countless times over the years. Have fun TDO. :)  

Sums it nicely for me. Years ago we'd be there already but you turned the other way every time. I think we've all seen this saying many times and AlmightyGrub may have used it once as well, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

You did nothing...

With that off my chest I still hope you do well TDO and win this war. After the war maybe take some time to think about what is neutrality and if it is worth it. Enjoy war, once you get the swing of it there's a lot of fun to be had.

by definition we are not sloppy.   

I don't think it will be a question of sloppiness. But, I don't think discipline is easy to maintain in such a chaotic situation. MK was one of the most capable alliances out there, but unless MK is still run by a shadow government with long term policy goals (a distinct possibility I hear), Mushqaeda will likely become harder to control with each passing day. [ooc]As part of my work in the Army I had to study and track Taliban, HIG and other Islamic groups, and while resilient, they became increasingly difficult to control centrally and began to splinter into rival groups over time.[/ooc]

So if the MK remnants do not become sloppy, I would begin to suspect whether the alliance truly disbanded. Especially if TOP still has your back.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Then how do you explain the wars against a member of RIA?

The revisionist history going on here is laughable. Many alliances have paid prices for their arrogance, including MK and the NPO. The fact is, TDO has never done anything of so much relevance that they have ANYTHING to pay the price for. You guys can have fun on your neutral crusade, but please, for the love of admin, do not go around espousing how TDO is paying for their sins.

Not sins, but privilege. Neutrality is a privilege, of which the sheep are not entitled. Every single alliance that has come under fire has done so under the watchful, apathetic and selfish eyes of the great neutral whales that float around this world. 

It is Allarchon's demand that the great neutral menace pay for its privileged pixels.

At least now TDO is being forced to make a contribution.    You have leeched off the teat of Bob for a long time, I expect you to do something that was worth all the effort of all that conservation of pixels.  I enjoyed your message TDO, fight until you can fight no more and then next week you can surrender or your members will surrender for you in droves.  No one who values their nothing so much could ever part with their nothing without doing almost nothing to defend it.

I'm glad you've finally come around. :D

Here we witness The Democratic Order showing dignity and as mush respect as can be given to mortal enemies. Those that keep their composure in peace and war, in victory and defeat, in hope and despair, these are the true strong. Neutrality is not what makes you great, TDO.

To those that say "TDO you will surrender". I remind you that there's no surrender to Musqaeda: they promise permanent war to those that don't submit to their cause. They don't tolerate that their victim preserve their identity. The Democratic Order can resist or disband, this is a war of extermination.

To those that say "Neutrals should band together". I remind you that neutrality isn't an ideology, it's a way to conduct your affairs. There's nothing to unite for, as much as there's no ideological impediment to intervene to defend yourself.

To those that say "Neutrals deserve this because they never helped us when we were in need". Neutrals don't intervene in your affairs. For every time a neutral doesn't help the defeated, they're also not harming the victor, which might have been you and which each of you has been at some time. You should say "Neutrals deserve this because they never aligned with us" and "we deserved also what we couldn't win with our own forces only".

To all those that criticize neutrals for their non-interventionism. Neutrals offer everyone their respect and friendliness, which is more than what some of you can claim to have ever offered to this world. They don't meddle in others' affairs as much as they don't meddle in your ones, and they never asked for or received your help. Don't ask for what you don't give yourself.

To all those that cheer on the peaceful being hit by the arrogant. On the friendly being exterminated and wiped away from CN. For you I have no words.

Edited by jerdge

Here we witness The Democratic Order showing dignity and as mush respect as can be given to mortal enemies. Those that keep their composure in peace and war, in victory and defeat, in hope and despair, these are the true strong. Neutrality is not what makes you great, TDO.

To those that say "TDO you will surrender". I remind you that there's no surrender to Musqaeda: they promise permanent war to those that don't submit to their cause. They don't tolerate that their victim preserve their identity. The Democratic Order can resist or disband, this is a war of extermination.

To those that say "Neutrals should band together". I remind you that neutrality isn't an ideology, it's a way to conduct your affairs. There's nothing to unite for, as much as there's no ideological impediment to intervene to defend yourself.

To those that say "Neutrals deserve this because they never helped us when we were in need". Neutrals don't intervene in your affairs. For every time a neutral doesn't help the defeated, they're also not harming the victor, which might have been you and which each of you has been at some time. You should say "Neutrals deserve this because they never aligned with us" and "we deserved also what we couldn't win with our own forces only".

To all those that criticize neutrals for their non-interventionism. Neutrals offer everyone their respect and friendliness, which is more than what some of you can claim to have ever offered to this world. They don't meddle in others' affairs as much as they don't meddle in your ones, and they never asked for or received your help. Don't ask for what you don't give yourself.

To all those that cheer on the peaceful being hit by the arrogant. On the friendly being exterminated and wiped away from CN. For you I have no words.

Or they can convert.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality, MQ is simply getting you there faster one by one! Edited by Centurius

The irony is that so many others have already paid the price for your neutrality. The Kingdom paid the price many years back. The Orders have each paid the price. The Superfriends, Complaints and Grievances, Dos Equis, Doomhouse; every single time you looked the other way, you collected an undeserved check. So many have died, so that you might live, TDO.

Nobody deserves that privilege. You should cherish these next few days. They'll be your last.

Perspectives such as this sure go a long way to explaining why the treaty web is what it is.

So you're saying you won't intervene, then Jerdge?

Wouldn't everyone like to know?

Or they can convert.

You're not negating what I wrote, that "Or" is misplaced:

They don't tolerate that their victim preserve their identity.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality, MQ is simply getting you there faster one by one!

I think you're blaming the neutrals for not having been the moral police of CN, aren't you?

Edited by jerdge

Jerdge, I have always stood for something, I have always believed in the right of everyone to conduct their affairs as they see fit without being unfairly molested.  The key is unfairly.  I believe that every alliance should make a contribution to the lifeblood of this world, and to be honest TDO have never contributed anything.  They have merely stood by as great injustice was wrought on various alliances, they have stood by and watched as the downtrodden have been molested and divided and conquered and chased from their safe havens.  That is their right of course, they choose to contribute nothing to the debate, they choose to say nothing, they choose to stand for nothing and this is their right.  The neutral by its nature is opportunist, it profits by inaction, whilst others fight and claw for their right to exist, or to defend their honour, the neutral just sits and perhaps watches, making that irritating clicking noise and continues to grow a nation that has no purpose.  You adopt a position, it is a fair position, but no more or less fair than mine.

I grow my nation only to defend my alliance, I grow my nation only to increase its effectiveness at war and whilst I do not seek to be continually at war, I recognize that war is the circle of life, without it some nations who do nothing grow untouchable and nations that risk everything constantly, often to fuel the fires of the planet, are inevitably not in front economically or even remotely in range of those who have chosen a path of doing nothing.

Since the beginning of Bob there have been nations who have huddled together, safe in the knowledge that their indifference to the concept of Bob will allow them to achieve without sacrifice.  They have built nations, not to defend themselves and their friends but rather to collect.  These alliances are not neutrals, they are collectors, inflating their collections year after year without any concept of insurance, but rather a knowledge that by adopting a complete disregard for everyone else and their efforts to spawn a healthy, vibrant planet, they can continue their perverse collection.

Ordinarily, they would be safe, but the climate and circumstances have changed, someone has targeted their position of indifference and called upon them to make some defense of their values.  I see nothing wrong with that, a true alliance is prepared to defend itself, understands the sacrifices necessary and will rise or fall on their ability to command their forces to mount a defense.  TDO will thrive or perish, unlike the greatest of neutral menaces who have developed from previous experience, this alliance appears ill-prepared for even a moderate onslaught from a mere handful of nations.  Let them prove their worth, let them show they have a value and then, if they are prepared to demonstrate that they possess the internal will and power to hold together against this attack, then perhaps someone will assess their cause as just and assist them.  Right now, I just see a shell of nothing collapsing into a pile of nothing.

I recognize your right to be neutral, I also recognize the right of someone to challenge your position and to demand you participate, it is your response that defines you.  I fail to see how this situation is any different from the one facing Polaris and Bear Force One.  Bear Force One have no intention of surrendering, they have no goal but destruction and in my mind have randomly targeted my alliance to dump their warchests upon.  Do the smaller nations of Polaris deserve the damages they are receiving?  Have those nations ever been of relevance to the nations of BF1?  Are our nations prepared to stand and fight for their right to fly the flag of Polaris proudly?  Are the nations of TDO?

So, standing back from the righteous indignation that someone who has provoked no attack has been attacked, where is the evidence that those who choose to do nothing should not have to defend their right to do it?  I choose to be who I am, I have fought on a number of occasions to maintain the right to be that person, I am prepared to defend my position, let TDO defend theirs..... while everyone else respects their right to non-intervention.  Hopefully GPA is prepared to defend itself, you too have watched as the world has gone by, displaying that same clicking noise that irritates us all and until now, no one has targeted you and called upon you to defend your right to do nothing.  You do know of course that I will always respect your right to non-intervention as well.

For many years the neutral has relied entirely on convention now they will have to rely on their wits and cunning like the rest of the world.

BTW Jerdge, I wish you no particular ill-will as a player, and you certainly will not see me crashing into the gates of the neutral or unaligned for profit or otherwise.  It is of no interest to me, I have people I actually want to fight to fight.  But rest assured the mood here has changed, if you don't wish to defend your rights be prepared to lose all that nothing you have assembled so neatly in piles because the genie is out of the bottle and there is no one left interested enough to assist you.

Grub's post:
[spoiler]

Jerdge, I have always stood for something, I have always believed in the right of everyone to conduct their affairs as they see fit without being unfairly molested.  The key is unfairly.  I believe that every alliance should make a contribution to the lifeblood of this world, and to be honest TDO have never contributed anything.  They have merely stood by as great injustice was wrought on various alliances, they have stood by and watched as the downtrodden have been molested and divided and conquered and chased from their safe havens.  That is their right of course, they choose to contribute nothing to the debate, they choose to say nothing, they choose to stand for nothing and this is their right.  The neutral by its nature is opportunist, it profits by inaction, whilst others fight and claw for their right to exist, or to defend their honour, the neutral just sits and perhaps watches, making that irritating clicking noise and continues to grow a nation that has no purpose.  You adopt a position, it is a fair position, but no more or less fair than mine.

I grow my nation only to defend my alliance, I grow my nation only to increase its effectiveness at war and whilst I do not seek to be continually at war, I recognize that war is the circle of life, without it some nations who do nothing grow untouchable and nations that risk everything constantly, often to fuel the fires of the planet, are inevitably not in front economically or even remotely in range of those who have chosen a path of doing nothing.

Since the beginning of Bob there have been nations who have huddled together, safe in the knowledge that their indifference to the concept of Bob will allow them to achieve without sacrifice.  They have built nations, not to defend themselves and their friends but rather to collect.  These alliances are not neutrals, they are collectors, inflating their collections year after year without any concept of insurance, but rather a knowledge that by adopting a complete disregard for everyone else and their efforts to spawn a healthy, vibrant planet, they can continue their perverse collection.

Ordinarily, they would be safe, but the climate and circumstances have changed, someone has targeted their position of indifference and called upon them to make some defense of their values.  I see nothing wrong with that, a true alliance is prepared to defend itself, understands the sacrifices necessary and will rise or fall on their ability to command their forces to mount a defense.  TDO will thrive or perish, unlike the greatest of neutral menaces who have developed from previous experience, this alliance appears ill-prepared for even a moderate onslaught from a mere handful of nations.  Let them prove their worth, let them show they have a value and then, if they are prepared to demonstrate that they possess the internal will and power to hold together against this attack, then perhaps someone will assess their cause as just and assist them.  Right now, I just see a shell of nothing collapsing into a pile of nothing.

I recognize your right to be neutral, I also recognize the right of someone to challenge your position and to demand you participate, it is your response that defines you.  I fail to see how this situation is any different from the one facing Polaris and Bear Force One.  Bear Force One have no intention of surrendering, they have no goal but destruction and in my mind have randomly targeted my alliance to dump their warchests upon.  Do the smaller nations of Polaris deserve the damages they are receiving?  Have those nations ever been of relevance to the nations of BF1?  Are our nations prepared to stand and fight for their right to fly the flag of Polaris proudly?  Are the nations of TDO?

So, standing back from the righteous indignation that someone who has provoked no attack has been attacked, where is the evidence that those who choose to do nothing should not have to defend their right to do it?  I choose to be who I am, I have fought on a number of occasions to maintain the right to be that person, I am prepared to defend my position, let TDO defend theirs..... while everyone else respects their right to non-intervention.  Hopefully GPA is prepared to defend itself, you too have watched as the world has gone by, displaying that same clicking noise that irritates us all and until now, no one has targeted you and called upon you to defend your right to do nothing.  You do know of course that I will always respect your right to non-intervention as well.

For many years the neutral has relied entirely on convention now they will have to rely on their wits and cunning like the rest of the world.

BTW Jerdge, I wish you no particular ill-will as a player, and you certainly will not see me crashing into the gates of the neutral or unaligned for profit or otherwise.  It is of no interest to me, I have people I actually want to fight to fight.  But rest assured the mood here has changed, if you don't wish to defend your rights be prepared to lose all that nothing you have assembled so neatly in piles because the genie is out of the bottle and there is no one left interested enough to assist you.

[/spoiler]

I am happy with the NpO being what it is and I might have been a proud Polar by now, if things had gone differently.
I recognize your right to do your thing and I claim for myself the right to do my thing. Just like Polaris's rights are not recognized by everyone and you have to be ready to defend them in arms, I know that not everyone willingly recognizes my rights and I am ready to defend them in arms as well.

Mine is not moral indignation that someone who has provoked no attack has been attacked. I am just replying to those that are trying to support their anti-neutral and/or anti-TDO actions or stances with some alleged moral defect of the neutrals, which in their words should have done something to help them, or which would be guilty for not having done like they do, at some point in time.
To them I say: let us alone or come to us in arms - either is fine to me - but don't throw your faux morality at me and don't try to shield the weakness and dullness of your arguments behind some dummy ex-post justification. Least you just show up as frauds.
Just like no one has any obligation to contribute to the defence of neutrals, neutrals have no obligation to contribute to what others think is good for them.

And Grub, you're wrong that neutrals have ever been safe, due to conventions or to any other reason. The attack on TDO is really a big proof that neutrals never had any undeserved safety.
Whatever absence of conflict neutrals may have enjoyed this far, it derived by their political situation. That it may be their skill or just incompetence on part of those that would have liked to hit earlier, well... the end result is all that matters.
No neutral thrived by exploiting safety provided by others, there's no opportunism and there's no "nothingness", there's just the intent to do something that is different from what you decided to attempt with your time here. You're free to despise what neutrals do, but that's your morality and we're not obligated to take it as our own.

As for us being prepared or not, time will tell. I don't think it's a mystery that the GPA learned long ago that her safety is in her hands, and her hands only.

Last, to wannabe aggressors I say: I don't desire a war but neither I am here to look pretty in your eyes. I heard your gnawing from a distance every now and then and yet you never showed up at my door. I don't care about you.

Jerdge is right. Trying to make out this war has some anti-neutral moral imperative is ridiculous. That said, war is part of this world and comes to everyone in the end, rightly or not.

As it's going to happen anyway my advice to TDO would be to take the good out the situation as best you can. Namely, it's good for activity, a good test for your military and a good way to find out who's committed to your cause. Just don't disband, they can't force you.

Grub's post:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I am happy with the NpO being what it is and I might have been a proud Polar by now, if things had gone differently.
I recognize your right to do your thing and I claim for myself the right to do my thing. Just like Polaris's rights are not recognized by everyone and you have to be ready to defend them in arms, I know that not everyone willingly recognizes my rights and I am ready to defend them in arms as well.

Mine is not moral indignation that someone who has provoked no attack has been attacked. I am just replying to those that are trying to support their anti-neutral and/or anti-TDO actions or stances with some alleged moral defect of the neutrals, which in their words should have done something to help them, or which would be guilty for not having done like they do, at some point in time.
To them I say: let us alone or come to us in arms - either is fine to me - but don't throw your faux morality at me and don't try to shield the weakness and dullness of your arguments behind some dummy ex-post justification. Least you just show up as frauds.
Just like no one has any obligation to contribute to the defence of neutrals, neutrals have no obligation to contribute to what others think is good for them.

And Grub, you're wrong that neutrals have ever been safe, due to conventions or to any other reason. The attack on TDO is really a big proof that neutrals never had any undeserved safety.
Whatever absence of conflict neutrals may have enjoyed this far, it derived by their political situation. That it may be their skill or just incompetence on part of those that would have liked to hit earlier, well... the end result is all that matters.
No neutral thrived by exploiting safety provided by others, there's no opportunism and there's no "nothingness", there's just the intent to do something that is different from what you decided to attempt with your time here. You're free to despise what neutrals do, but that's your morality and we're not obligated to take it as our own.

As for us being prepared or not, time will tell. I don't think it's a mystery that the GPA learned long ago that her safety is in her hands, and her hands only.

Last, to wannabe aggressors I say: I don't desire a war but neither I am here to look pretty in your eyes. I heard your gnawing from a distance every now and then and yet you never showed up at my door. I don't care about you.

I derive no joy from the attack on TDO, I do not attempt to justify its morality, just its inevitability.  TDO does nothing, now they are doing something.  I am comfortable with that.

I also have no doubt at all that attacking the GPA would be a dangerous pursuit, but I also know that you are alive by convention and for no other reason.  There is no reason or value in attacking you except spite, but that seems to be sufficient these days.  There have been many times when my alliance has stood against overwhelming odds, you only have that one time...and it is a long time ago now.  You have every right to believe in yourself, but others have every right to doubt that self-belief sufficiently to want to try...