TPF poll

Alterego

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Or maybe TPF finally figured out that WAE is a terrible alliance, and it's not worth putting everything on the line for them while they sit back in hippie and wait until peace talks are all but settled to make a "strong finish" without risking their precious stats.

Its far more likely that the governments who signed that treaty either aren't gov anymore or hell in our case (Timlee, Letub) aren't even in the alliance anymore and communication fell by the wayside as a result. It happens to us democracies far more often than we would like but it happens.

Wasn't our idea to peace out. I pretty much begged to fight the long drawn out fight but everyone said VE was dead in the water and we should just end it out of some sign of respect for what they did. Some stupid shit like that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, we were pretty much all ZIed and out of cash.  Not that such facts will stop the spinmeisters.

Under 50% of your wars have been drawn out conflicts on the losing/more damaged side, and I believe (but could definitely be wrong) both charges into battle were led by mhawk. Edited by Neo Uruk

Not a TPF fan, but calling them cowards is just wrong.

Stupid. Idiotic. Moronic. Retarded. Heads-up-asses. Etc. But, sure - not cowardly.

(I mean c'mon - who tries to sign a treaty with their treaty partner's war opposition [i]during[/i] active war in claims of trying to end hostilities?? Just stupid, and misguided.)

Under 50% of your wars have been drawn out conflicts on the losing/more damaged side, and I believe (but could definitely be wrong) both charges into battle were led by mhawk.

At least one was under The Crimson King as leader, and there was a long stretch, with definitely more than two wars in a row, that we took a bad beating, starting with Karma.  Off the top of my head there was Karma, then the time Athens and company jumped us around Christmas, and then a couple more beatdowns after that for being in the NPO sphere.  

But, I sense that you are not one to be convinced.

Edited by Link Gaetz

Athens and company was a week. If you can't survive a week, you're a failure of an alliance (who knew!)

Not to mention you tried to flee to peace mode before the war even started, which means the conflict wasn't going to be very destructive (at least initially) if you had your way.

Athens and company was a week. If you can't survive a week, you're a failure of an alliance (who knew!)

Not to mention you tried to flee to peace mode before the war even started, which means the conflict wasn't going to be very destructive (at least initially) if you had your way.

Now we have to start the peace mode speech? I'm going to watch your nation like a hawk. If I ever see you in peace mode I'm calling you out for it. Ugh....I dont expect much from CN anymore, there really isn't anything that surprises me...but the fact that some are legitimately trying to make a case that TPF is a cowardly alliance has actually managed to surprise me. Just color me all sorts of surprised.

Now we have to start the peace mode speech? I'm going to watch your nation like a hawk. If I ever see you in peace mode I'm calling you out for it. Ugh....I dont expect much from CN anymore, there really isn't anything that surprises me...but the fact that some are legitimately trying to make a case that TPF is a cowardly alliance has actually managed to surprise me. Just color me all sorts of surprised.

Did I give a speech or did I point out that they didn't get hit hard over the week they were at war? Jesus H., you're being dense on purpose. Edited by Neo Uruk

Ah, mhawk. Truly one of the worst leaders ever.

Ah, cmon Crymson. There are worse by far out there. For good or bad mhawk at least always stood by his principals and was pro-active as much as he could be.  There are far more out there that flip flop with the wind and/or just get dragged along by the nose as followers because they are fine with being stagnant and unable or unwilling to rock the CN boat or simply dont have the vision or work ethic(or balls in some cases) required to create/make their vision occur.  I know im biased as I consider mhawk a friend, both from CN and [ooc] IRL [/ooc] but I do think he at least added to Digitera(in both good and bad ways depending on view), where as a lot of leaders/people dont add a thing but dead space to the enviroment.

CJ

Did I give a speech or did I point out that they didn't get hit hard over the week they were at war? Jesus H., you're being dense on purpose.

I used the word "speech" as a figure of speech. Clearly, you didn't write a speech. Are you being dense on purpose? Criticizing them for putting people in peace mode before a war...this is common practice at the onset of war or even the threat of war...so I call it a cheap shot.

Didn't TPF stay the longest/fight the hardest with NPO during Karma? 

Both NPO and Avalon did the long tour as well.

Under 50% of your wars have been drawn out conflicts on the losing/more damaged side, and I believe (but could definitely be wrong) both charges into battle were led by mhawk.

Far less than 50%. One was under mhawk and one under TCK. The length of those wars had much more to do with the desires of their common prosecutor than the leader of TPF. I say more, not entirely, because TPF had been offered an easy out shortly into in Karma.

Stupid. Idiotic. Moronic. Retarded. Heads-up-asses. Etc. But, sure - not cowardly.

(I mean c'mon - who tries to sign a treaty with their treaty partner's war opposition during active war in claims of trying to end hostilities?? Just stupid, and misguided.)

Heh. I can think of another alliance that might be described that way.

True, it was a week. Having been largely penniless after Karma and still rebuilding we still hadn't had much money on hand during the Seasons Beating and ended up largely penniless again (many during the even that short conflict). Owing to that, the effect of that war was far different than a simple one week war.

Neo, that was a truly dark time for TPF. We had, I believe three wars back to back, and in the last of those we asked for volunteers to fight, because we didn't feel that it was right to order our guys into more war. Post Karma we were in serious trouble with bill locked nations, and on top that we had reps to pay. If you were to peruse through that time period on our forums you see that a lot of us were in serious trouble. And it's a point of pride for us that we went through all that, we are better people because of that experience. That's why you will always meet a brick wall when you try to belittle us. I don't want you to feel sorry for us, or to even stop your scheming against us. But we deserve, as an alliance, respect. You'll never see me or anyone else in general membership disrespect another alliance outright unless provoked. And I feel that we deserve the same courtesy. Why it is that you feel the need to come in here every time and stir up nonsense, I don't know. So what was it we did to you? Because I'd love to do it again! 

Neo, that was a truly dark time for TPF. We had, I believe three wars back to back, and in the last of those we asked for volunteers to fight, because we didn't feel that it was right to order our guys into more war. Post Karma we were in serious trouble with bill locked nations, and on top that we had reps to pay. If you were to peruse through that time period on our forums you see that a lot of us were in serious trouble. And it's a point of pride for us that we went through all that, we are better people because of that experience. That's why you will always meet a brick wall when you try to belittle us. I don't want you to feel sorry for us, or to even stop your scheming against us. But we deserve, as an alliance, respect. You'll never see me or anyone else in general membership disrespect another alliance outright unless provoked. And I feel that we deserve the same courtesy. Why it is that you feel the need to come in here every time and stir up nonsense, I don't know. So what was it we did to you? Because I'd love to do it again! 

People should've stopped posting after this reply.