A Righteous Finale

As I told Yevgeni, get over it. I'm sorry we didn't want TOP to get off scot free. Actually, no, I'm not; I still lose sleep over the fact that you guys didn't lose an additional 100k tech. Also, questioning the competence of our government is certainly amusing with your track record.

It's funny because all TORN did for like four years was shrink while TOP's track record is "being really damned prominent for a long ass time"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was "butthurt", you'd have seen me complain about your alliance or even drop its name somewhere on these forums. I haven't. 

I just consider it one of the countless, relatively inactive, smaller AAs dotting the landscape for nostalgia's purposes. I'm happy when they die because that means another more relevant alliance might actually see an influx of members. A change of scenery generally brings about activity. As it stands, I also didn't have any love for your alliance so good riddance it is.

I'm fine with your opinion, given recent history I thought there was more to it; however, this still isn't the thread for that. 

It's funny because all TORN did for like four years was shrink while TOP's track record is "being really damned prominent for a long ass time"

I was never questioning TOP as an entity, that'd be unfair. Once upon a time TORN & TOP were on amicable terms and there's no need to go there. With that said, this is TORN's disbandment thread, not a place for him to air out any grievances he may or may not have. I get that you're probably bored and have nothing else to do, but I suggest you mind your own and try to make your own alliance worth something. And no, it's not funny at all; I guess your sense of humor might be flawed, should try to work on it. 

Almost forgot, thanks for the well wishes!

Edited by Secret

Make my alliance worth something? Do you really need to go there when you're disbanding?

I didn't come in here to start shit, you just said something absolutely ridiculous in implying that TOP's government is incompetent. There's not a measure I can think of to which they could be considered incompetent.

Edited by Neo Uruk

Make my alliance worth something? Do you really need to go there when you're disbanding?

I didn't come in here to start shit, you just said something absolutely ridiculous in implying that TOP's government is incompetent. There's not a measure I can think of to which they could be considered incompetent.

If you didn't come here to start "shit" then you wouldn't mind leaving, now would you? Again, this isn't another thread for you to derail. Yes, we're disbanding and it took a while for us to accept it but we decided it was best. We have already accomplished everything we've set out to do and much, much more. If we're being honest here, then yes, your alliance is worth nothing. 

Additionally, please stop trying to make something out of nothing. If TOP has any problems whatsoever I'm sure they're bright enough to defend themselves in another time and place. Also, I already stated what I said, I don't need you to interpret what I I meant to say or what I "Implied." Especially after I clarified that I have no issues with TOP as an entity. This might just be why you're part of the laughing stock of this world. But then again, this isn't the thread for that either.

It might be time for you to take a break for the night, buddy. 

If you didn't come here to start "shit" then you wouldn't mind leaving, now would you? Again, this isn't another thread for you to derail. Yes, we're disbanding and it took a while for us to accept it but we decided it was best. We have already accomplished everything we've set out to do and much, much more. If we're being honest here, then yes, your alliance is worth nothing.

My alliance is worth nothing, yet we are still here. We are growing. We are expanding interests. I'm not leaving because you decided to insult me after I called you out on your shit.

Additionally, please stop trying to make something out of nothing. If TOP has any problems whatsoever I'm sure they're bright enough to defend themselves in another time and place. Also, I already stated what I said, I don't need you to interpret what I I meant to say or what I "Implied." Especially after I clarified that I have no issues with TOP as an entity. This might just be why you're part of the laughing stock of this world. But then again, this isn't the thread for that either.

It might be time for you to take a break for the night, buddy.

I get that you're trying to look smart here, but you pretty boldly said TOP gov has some form of record of being incompetent. I'm not sure how you saying one of the most successful alliances in history is incompetent reflects on me as a person.

Neo one day you will realise you really don't need to try so hard. We all notice you, we all realise what side of the fence you fall on and we all really think your opinions are vital to getting through the day but for the love of god can we at least get through an alliance farewell thread without seeing you apply the flame thrower in every second page?

Neo one day you will realise you really don't need to try so hard. We all notice you, we all realise what side of the fence you fall on and we all really think your opinions are vital to getting through the day but for the love of god can we at least get through an alliance farewell thread without seeing you apply the flame thrower in every second page?

I'm with Neo, just a matter of which way he's pointing it.  ;)

Flamethrower%20Gear2.jpg

its not a true thread unless you have worthless trolling by Neo.

I like how I get called out for correcting a loudmouth who thinks TOP is utterly incompetent of all things. There's plenty you could call me on, this isn't one of those times.

A loudmouth!!! That's funny coming from you. When your AA has done anything but exist comeback and talk. 

King Wally wins the thread.  Good night, and cheers to the memory of TORN - a fantastic alliance in my eyes.  :)

I do not understand the mourning. TORN was a talentless, lackey alliance from the start. Allow me to offer you kids a brief history lesson. Many, many moons a visionary took out WUT's trash. GOONS, \m/, Genmay, and all the other worthless collections of ill-mannered juveniles were swiftly dealt with. Despite having reputations for being "tough" it quickly became apparent that these images were undeserved. When on the other side of a beat down they had no taste for fighting.

Although each of these "warrior" alliances would soon disband, some individuals were quicker to fold. These early deserters formed alliance such as TORN, and quickly prostrated themselves before their vanquishers.

Ever since TORN has firmly planted themselves wherever it looks to be safe, with varying degrees of success. They have never done anything on their own, waiting instead on their stronger benefactors to show some initiative. In short, TORN was about as interesting as a turnip. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I do not understand the mourning. TORN was a talentless, lackey alliance from the start. Allow me to offer you kids a brief history lesson. Many, many moons a visionary took out WUT's trash. GOONS, \m/, Genmay, and all the other worthless collections of ill-mannered juveniles were swiftly dealt with. Despite having reputations for being "tough" it quickly became apparent that these images were undeserved. When on the other side of a beat down they had no taste for fighting.

Although each of these "warrior" alliances would soon disband, some individuals were quicker to fold. These early deserters formed alliance such as TORN, and quickly prostrated themselves before their vanquishers.

Ever since TORN has firmly planted themselves wherever it looks to be safe, with varying degrees of success. They have never done anything on their own, waiting instead on their stronger benefactors to show some initiative. In short, TORN was about as interesting as a turnip. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

As someone who knew of TORN's founding from the outside this take on TORN is absolute rubbish and couldn't be further from the truth. 

TORN, good luck in your new home. Just the same it wouldn't be a Val thread without someone from the STA stopping by to say we wish you all would choke on your own vomit. Toodles and have a great day. :)

I think you mean inside?

I meant I was in constant contact with Bigwoody months in advance of his making this alliance and was privy to information regarding the alliance despite not ever being in it.

I won't comment on your "history lesson" given that you conveniently phrased it to look exactly like what it is... exaggerated and untrue.

TORN has been in numerous conflicts over its existence. Some of those conflicts were entered defensively, but in others we served as the "aggressors", too. I think that we can all agree that if we only put ourselves in positions that were "safe", our list of conflicts would be a lot shorter and our NS Average would have been a lot higher over the years.

It is no secret that we surrounded ourselves with friends who happened to be alliances that were larger than us - specifically in DR, I suppose, so your point doesn't really go anywhere. I assume you were attempting to suggest that we just followed our big friends around and we never were proactive in doing anything ourselves. Well, what exactly did you want us to do, Mr. Virginia? We had our own treaty partners independent of our "stronger benefactors". We pursued our own interests. The fact of the matter is that our FA plan was aligned with our "stronger benefactors", so anything we worked towards probably was credited elsewhere. And, I don't believe any of Duckroll would object to me saying that (until recently, of course) TORN was an active part of Duckroll and affected decisions that were made.

As I told Yevgeni, get over it. I'm sorry we didn't want TOP to get off scot free. Actually, no, I'm not; I still lose sleep over the fact that you guys didn't lose an additional 100k tech. Also, questioning the competence of our government is certainly amusing with your track record. 

Oh, no need to "get over" anything- what TORN attempted to do in the last war doesn't make me angry. It makes me laugh. In a way, I echo Yev's statement (though moreso in my typical manner)- TORN in it's prior state clearly wasn't as effective/influential as you wanted/hoped it was, so now you've moved on to a competent alliance where you have the chance to make a more lasting mark on the world. Nothing wrong with that.

(n.b. it's laughable that you attempt to use my "track record" as an argument against me and my posting. I know where I've succeeded and where I've failed. Of course it would be too easy for me to use the same argument on your complete lack of footprint or long-term relevance on this world, but I won't do that.)