A Righteous Finale

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined TORN during the Karma War because of the awesome DoW announcement then faded to obscurity after seeing DR back on top. What a ride.

It is weird to see years of work and time die. I loved this alliance, I loved its history. TORN was a small alliance that inserted itself in big things. More than anything, we were a central member of Duckroll and were committed to shaping that institution into something special.

We began the Karma war, and in being spurned by NPO we added one of the great twists to this planet's histories. We were a central instigant of the bi-polar war, involved in the planning of the preemption, and actively pushed for that maneuvour, frankly in a more prominent way than our good buddies in TOP who get the credit. We were involved in the formulation of a strategy in the wake of the bi-polar devistation, and helped in our own way to set DR on a path where it could thrive.

How many 40 member alliances can boast that sort of resume? Truely, think about it.

We were never the main actors, always a supporting role, but we always punched above our weight class, in war, in diplomacy, in whatever.

It was quite a ride. I really enjoyed my time working with all of you. Working with great allies, and partners, was really a pleasure. To the members of IRON and the members of Valhalla in particular, thank you for your constant support through our history. Our story, is also your story.

What a legacy. TORN, you will be missed.