• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order for there to be disobedience, people have to actively defy orders. Nobody did that. I haven't seen any post from any member saying they will not fight, it's just the fact that a lot of GATOans are busy in real life. Lack of general activity is the issue, but people have uni, social life etc. which takes precedent. In an ideal world everyone would be active.

That excuse doesn't really fly when nearly the entirety of those ordered to come out of PM... don't.

That excuse doesn't really fly when nearly the entirety of those ordered to come out of PM... don't.

This is the stock standard message we get every war no matter how many people enter the war. It's all about Rouse Rouse Rouse!

It really does take a lot of Self-BS to pretend nothing is something, Shatt is great at doing that. If we had all (or even any of) the internal drama people think we have, the place would actually be much more active. 

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

Interestingly hilarious.

Btw What is it with CnG and spies? Are they like "spy magnets" or something?

We are Schatt's particular obsession. I won't bother to psychoanalyze him. He no doubt has some soi-disant strategic justification for his Schatt-stirring in our peaceful little corner of Bob to cover whatever the real source of his fascination is. We are content to take his fumbling attentions as a sort of inept compliment.

This is the stock standard message we get every war no matter how many people enter the war. It's all about Rouse Rouse Rouse!

It really does take a lot of Self-BS to pretend nothing is something, Shatt is great at doing that. If we had all (or even any of) the internal drama people think we have, the place would actually be much more active. 

Really?! Damn I guess we got the message wrong last war.....

All they'll see is us goading you about el burro and me bitching.

Also, GATO, you need some housecleaning.

Too much effort. We're old, you know? These backs can't handle the straaaaain.

I can't fault Magicninja for what happened.  When you send out orders as an MoD, you expect them to be followed.  It helps when you're respected by the body politick, but even in a democracy such as GATO this sort of complete disregard to the welfare of your members overall is disgusting when it comes to their upper-tier.

That being said, the character assassination on the part of Schatt is reprehensible.  It should not be condoned, it should not be considered funny.  These sorts of disputes and grudge matches were traditionally handled in private, face-to-face conversations, and I'm not sure what happened to make this acceptable.  It's disappointing - I expected more from CoJ.

Edited by Jake Liebenow

Yes we did have some activity issues that passed pretty quickly after my angry post. Since we've done well enough. Go look at Legion, RnR, Fark, Invicta, GOD, DB4D and look at their top end. Basically what Schatt is saying is even without full participation we can still wreck people where we want. As for exiting peace mode I said talk to me in a month not we'll be out in a month. If you had talked to me you would heard that we still had work to do above 80k. Once that work was finished I did bring out the next tier which thoroughly wrecked Legion in a tier they and their friends were supposed to own and even RnR though not quite as bad as what Legion got. This was after NG and myself implored our side to work out a new offensive and got no where. They went out on their own and I moved to follow as soon as we realized that we weren't gonna get our offensive. I guess our coalition had other plans which came to fruition far quicker than I anticipated because I still had things planned for a few more weeks. Schatt isn't privy to everything just snippets and to his credit used what little he did know to paint an interesting picture. Good for him but he still doesn't know jack.   

Edited by magicninja

This looks more like membership just refusing orders than activity issues. You don't need to be screaming at the top of your lungs to voice dissent in opinion between gov and members.

And trying to pin the problem on sheer inactivity? You're kidding right?..we'll just say 40 of your members having very rough activity issues and being addicted to that new RL game that just hit the stores. Even that is shooting high as hell. You guys didn't have any issue getting out the activity during the summer, nor just a little over a year ago when its usually the busiest time for those youngins.

You issued orders. They disagreed and refused to fight for a cause they see as against their alliance's greater interests/supporting those they don't like. Spin all you like, but to say that somehow, just somehow, you have that many people suffering from activity issues at the same time when nearly no other alliance is having the same problem is hilarious.

In the end it was 5 people above 80k that didn't come out to fight out of about 40........ It was in the days after I gave the order where people staggered out like hobos but once we got into it we were fine. I wasn't angry that they didn't come out...I was angry they didn't come out when I said to. Most did come out in their own good time. Most stating excuses like I was busy. Like I said look at Legion and RnR up top. 

Edited by magicninja

In the end it was 5 people above 80k that didn't come out to fight out of about 40........ It was in the days after I gave the order where people staggered out like hobos but once we got into it we were fine. I wasn't angry that they didn't come out...I was angry they didn't come out when I said to. Most did come out in their own good time. Most stating excuses like I was busy. Like I said look at Legion and RnR up top. 

This is something I do need to address as it isn't limited to just your alliance, nor your coalition

...when an alliance is fighting multiple other alliances, do realize that your alliance is not responsible for 100% of said damage done to the other. Unless miraculously you can somehow have GATO declare and receive every single war in the upper tier, you guys aren't responsible for an entire alliance not having an upper tier. In the very least say "when our upper tier nations finally did swag their way into the war, they joined with our allies/coalition mates to decimate ____'s nations".

"So, like, we want to break GATO, or C&G away from Doom House. You know what I think we should do? I think we should try and court them by posting embarrassing screen-shots, mocking their policies, and generally shit-stirring. That's bound to make them ditch their long-standing Allies and join our side!"