A Cancellation

Yuurei

Best of luck to both parties.

"The reasons why are none of your business." sounds like yuurei is the one being bitter here, although who couldn't be bitter over the way yuurei does buisness.

Maybe Yuurei is just being honest, as it really is none of our business.  On the other hand, straight forward honesty on the OWF?!  Yuurei, what were you thinking???

Personally, why anyone makes public cancellations anymore is beyond me.  It's just inviting negative comments.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certain TTE had legitimate reasons for this cancellation. As a current treaty partner I support them in this direction, and wish them best on this path. Nay-saying is just that, only TTE and UCoN know the exact reasons for this cancellation, and I trust their judgment.

Best of luck to both parties.

Maybe Yuurei is just being honest, as it really is none of our business.  On the other hand, straight forward honesty on the OWF?!  Yuurei, what were you thinking???

Personally, why anyone makes public cancellations anymore is beyond me.  It's just inviting negative comments.

Probably the same reason that normal people make public notifications of war; in order to avoid to mixups and the hassle that arises from them if you don't.

Have we already forgotten who this UCON micro is or are you guys just that desperate?

That's an odd dichotomy. We know who they are, and they deserve better treaty partners than TTE.

Probably the same reason that normal people make public notifications of war; in order to avoid to mixups and the hassle that arises from them if you don't.

I'm sorry, you are actually giving a lecture on proper war etiquette?  I hope you mean that ironically.

I'm sorry, you are actually giving a lecture on proper war etiquette?  I hope you mean that ironically.

It's not about etiquette, it's about common sense, as you'd see if you read my post. Makes things easier for everyone when info like that is publicly available.

for a noted author you aren't so good at reading eh hal?

I didn't mean people shouldn't make a public notification at all.  I'm just saying I don't understand why people bother to make treaty cancellations a topic on the OWF considering the level of negative comments that tend to follow in every case - this one being no exception.  Keep an updated wiki and an updated treaty list on the alliance forum, and of course notify the other alliance involved. That's enough.

I've been around as a nation leader for over four years, have kept up on the OWF and I have yet to see anyone even attempt to e-lawyer over the lack of a formal OWF treaty cancellation (and I know not every alliance announces them) whereas I've seen arguments made for everything else.  

Edited by White Chocolate

It's not about etiquette, it's about common sense, as you'd see if you read my post. Makes things easier for everyone when info like that is publicly available.

for a noted author you aren't so good at reading eh hal?

For someone who is the classic example of what's wrong with Mushroom Kingdom, you motive members of EQ daily.  Enjoy peace mode.

In order to end up on the other side of a war, the other party must first be on a side. TTE are practically neutrals that sign treaties, they find excuses not to activate a treaty when their allies call upon them

As far as I know, UCoN declared on DB4D and then surrendered to them. Hardly a situation where TTE would need to find an excuse not to honor an ODP, as UCoN was never declared on by anybody.

Good luck to both alliances moving forward.

As far as I know, UCoN declared on DB4D and then surrendered to them. Hardly a situation where TTE would need to find an excuse not to honor an ODP, as UCoN was never declared on by anybody.

UCoN Declared on DB4D and was declared on by NEW. At the end of the day we agreed to white peace with DB4D and NEW.

However none of the above has anything this cancellation. Edited by Mr Krillins

UCoN Declared on DB4D and was declared on by NEW. At the end of the day we agreed to white peace with DB4D and NEW.

However none of the above has anything this cancellation.

I was looking at all the DoWs listed for the conflict on the CN wiki here and didn't see the DoW by NEW there, maybe somebody should edit that in. You're correct though.

Good luck to both alliances moving forward.

There have been many more wars other than this one ;) just sayin.

For someone who is the classic example of what's wrong with Mushroom Kingdom, you motive members of EQ daily.  Enjoy peace mode.

ah not so good at the writing part either i see :>

Oh man, you caught me out, I'm in peace mode and have brought dishonour upon my family. Just ignore those past wars there, they mean nothing!

(ps. I'd like to note that it was I who started this trend of naming someone the epitomization of their alliance, so thanks for following in my footsteps Hal old boy. Get like me. Unfortunately your pompous ass-ity will remain, there's no curing a case that bad.)

ah not so good at the writing part either i see :>

Oh man, you caught me out, I'm in peace mode and have brought dishonour upon my family. Just ignore those past wars there, they mean nothing!

(ps. I'd like to note that it was I who started this trend of naming someone the epitomization of their alliance, so thanks for following in my footsteps Hal old boy. Get like me. Unfortunately your pompous ass-ity will remain, there's no curing a case that bad.)

Trust me, you didn't start that. :)