Shout-Out Thread - Quality Opponents ITT

Farnsworth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound like heresy, but the two MCXA guys I fought a month ago were competent.

The GDA guys were active and attempted to coordinate most nights, but made some pretty bad mistakes.

The Spartan nations I declared on went down swinging, but weren't terribly active and lost pretty badly.

The one FARK guy obviously was in no condition to attack me but he did it to stagger me (which is ironic because then GDA botched it for him anyways). I manhandled him, and he was broke by the end of it.

The two MHA guys I fought I dealt out approx 21k damage to each. I took (I think) 4k damage total. They just weren't there.

Can't really single any specific Fark nation out as it was the coordination between them that was great.  I think it was approaching 4 weeks of continuous coordination that impressed me.

I will vouch for this, especially those first 3 guys, Mr. Vicarious and his comrades. We had a ton of fun in the process until they finally divided and conquered us. 

Edited by Sunny Side King

I will vouch for this, especially those first 3 guys, Mr. Vicarious and his comrades. We had a ton of fun in the process until they finally divided and conquered us. 

Well...divided  ;)

Edited by arch3004

I have to give it up for Monkeybum from GLOF. Not only does the guy seems to always be online but is a great coordinator. As for being a normal dude who was able to make a "special" arrangement for the both of us it was definitely fun to war against him.

I have to give it up for Monkeybum from GLOF. Not only does the guy seems to always be online but is a great coordinator. As for being a normal dude who was able to make a "special" arrangement for the both of us it was definitely fun to war against him.

Thanks, You were fairly awesome as well. In fact, all of TSO deserves an honorable mention for the way they fought this war. 

Sweeeeet Ronny D, Wankeristan and Mosfunky from VE were fun targets. 

Oh hey, yay, I got a shout out.  Glad I looked.  Keshav, though it feels like forever ago I do remember fighting you and had a fun time of it.

Bebers of NATO - fought well despite declaring up

DanDesade of Legion - tough opponent 

Deep Blue C of MHA - fun banter

MetalSnow of Sparta - nice guy

Enjoyed fighting Scorn. Funny guy. He asked for my warchest "to save the cost of spying". I told him, and he told me his.

Nice to see Scorn is still a fun guy, I fought him a while back and was entertained. We got to share both of our delusions of grandeur.

I missed a few from the very beginning.  I believe they were Umbrella nations but not Caliph (Too much of a good thing...)  Good fight there as always.

As for the ones I did keep names here are shout-outs for those that gave a good fight:

SoADarthCyfe6: that was fun.  We even ended up with a thread on the OWF about it. 

KHelfen: got me past 6 mil casualty

Diamon D

thedestroyerofall: giving it all while having no money left and no aid coming in.  Taking it to the limit and still fighting every day.  Salute and respect.

ace1963

Stewie: last attacks.  We both got in our last attacks after the peace was agreed and loved it.

As the person who started this thread, I'd like to say it's good to see people posting here in a mostly friendly and unbiased way. At the same time, though, I'm a bit disappointed that more people didn't post. Does this reflect the level of bitterness and/or animosity between the opposing sides or is it something else?

As the person who started this thread, I'd like to say it's good to see people posting here in a mostly friendly and unbiased way. At the same time, though, I'm a bit disappointed that more people didn't post. Does this reflect the level of bitterness and/or animosity between the opposing sides or is it something else?

I am not sure, I am sad that my name isn't up there, that must be because I am a terrible fighter.  :huh: I just think the CN population is significantly lower than last year and maybe that's why less people are posting?

To all of Competence Coalition:

You guys provided an excellent fight. I wanted to thank you for the entertainment you provided by being our competition in this war. I have but one request.....

Keep us on our toes. Pacifican Excellence is driven by the fight.

I particularly wanted to highlight Deinos as a small alliance that has a lot of character, bravado, and resilience. Well fought and good character demonstrated by your comrades, I couldn't have had a more honorable set of opponents.

To Umbrella: Thank you for being a target worthy of my attention. I hope Ragtag's not too sore. I just regret I didn't even get a single nuke on him before you guys peaced out.. *rage*.

To all of EQ Coalition:

Never had more reliable and committed allies. I greatly appreciate all you put in for your brothers and sisters in this conflict. We won't forget how hard you fought.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Shout-outs to Litha, Farrin, and Necoho of NPO for the fun banter, and props to Aya Reiko (NPO) for returning for a second round against me.

Particular shout-outs to Big Daddy Fatdude and Njero of NATO. Not only were your warchests the best out of all of my opponents, but your coordination was (pleasantly) surprisingly excellent, you were able to capitalize on any mistake I made, and you did the most lasting damage to my navy.