Damage Taken vs Damage Given

Mompson

With all this talk of damage ratios, let's look at the actual numbers shall we?  These numbers are from the War Stats download.  This way, we're looking at individual nations instead of the alliance loss as a whole.  These go back through 12/27 so they cover the entire war.  Also I apologize if I missed any alliances that are involved, this was picking and choosing out of every war since then, so I probably missed a couple, and I know that I added a few.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsG-5abjuYc5dDNRalNSd0FuckFSV2lEc2EycFB3dUE&output=html

A few Top 10s if you will.

Top 10 NS Lost

IRON

VE

Umbrella

ODN

TLR

NG

GOONS

Mortal Wombat

NpO

Top 10 NS Destroyed

VE

IRON

Umbrella

ODN

TLR

NG

GOONS

MK

NPO

Top 10 NS Destroyed:NS Lost Ratios (Of significant war effort, 1 or 2 wars won't cut it)

DBDC

Team Rocket

Mushqaeda

LSF

FOK

NEW

PC

Kaskus

GATO

The Order of the Reaper

[hr]

Make of all this what you will.  Competence's damage output is the highest as expected, but the actual losses of nations on Umbrella/NG/MK's AA are exposed as higher than most would like to think.

GOONS have the best damage ratio of any alliance in this war, approx 2.45 NS damage done to each 1NS lost.

My experience down in the mini tier is pretty nice as well. You really should try and tell them to get GC's before attacking.

Oh yeah, and so much for that.

Edit: Correction these are from 1/20 onward

Double Edit: Oh, and apparently if you delete a war in game, it is deleted from the stats download.  That's great.

Edited by Mompson

Oh yeah, and so much for that.

Pretty sure he was talking about the stat for current wars, not total.

Also our total ratio is still higher than all of the alliances' on your side so eat me.

Edited by Sardonic

Pretty sure he was talking about the stat for current wars, not total.

Also our total ratio is still higher than all of the alliances' on your side so eat me.

There is no person on this Earth whose digestive system could tolerate so foul a substance.

Interesting stats Mompson, thanks for the post.  Some of the alliances on there surprise me a bit.  I guess CnG is fighting harder than I have given them credit for up to this point, so well done to ODN and TLR.

seems to be a bit off in that data. doesn't seem to be registering all of the info for defending NS lost. i know one of my members got attacked by Cornelius and lost...7k? NS in the least. is there a damage requirement per war for it to be recorded or something?

though, definitely nice to see, thanks :)

seems to be a bit off in that data. doesn't seem to be registering all of the info for defending NS lost. i know one of my members got attacked by Cornelius and lost...7k? NS in the least. is there a damage requirement per war for it to be recorded or something?

though, definitely nice to see, thanks :)

I'm just using the CN stat download.  It's not showing up there, no.

Yeah one of the problems with this is that the war stats were collected already into the war.  So truly these are warstats from about 1/20 onward.

Edit: That and apparently if you delete a war in game, it is deleted from the stats download. 

Edited by Mompson

Haven't most wars been deleted?

This is the problem.  I wasn't aware that once wars are deleted in game, they are deleted from the stat download.  And I could do it for week long periods at a time, but we would need something from the start for the full effect.  And I feel pretty stupid about now for not knowing this.

Edited by Mompson

Why do people delete their wars? I take screenshots of mine in case my opponents delete them.
I plan to total my numbers when the war is over and see how supremely I have pwned. lol.

Edited by Farnsworth

Because they're embarrassed at how wrecked they were? I know that's why AsianLeader did, since he was #1 in smallest nation gains by about 10K NS.

The folks I've fought from your alliance deleted their wars with me almost the instant they were over, so I figured maybe it was a TOP wartime strategy of some sort?

The folks I've fought from your alliance deleted their wars with me almost the instant they were over, so I figured maybe it was a TOP wartime strategy of some sort?

Yes we're so ashamed of our wars we can't stand to even look at them anymore. May Johan be merciful and get us out of this war as soon as possible so we can save our precious pixels.

Yes we're so ashamed of our wars we can't stand to even look at them anymore. May Johan be merciful and get us out of this war as soon as possible so we can save our precious pixels.

Just out of curiosity: Do you feel as particularly idiotic as you sound by advancing the idea that nations delete their wars out of embarrassment, then lampooning your own position when it is pointed out that your alliance does it? 

Edited by Schattenmann

Just out of curiosity: Do you feel as particularly idiotic as you sound by advancing the idea that nations delete their wars out of embarrassment, then lampooning your own position when it is pointed out that your alliance does it?

It's called sarcasm, though coming from someone that perpetually has their head shoved so far up their own &$# that they're completely detached from reality it doesn't surprise me that you couldn't pick up something as obvious as that.

• 2 weeks later...

Top 10 NS Destroyed:NS Lost Ratios (Of significant war effort, 1 or 2 wars won't cut it)

DBDC

wish i could say i significantly contributed to this but alas my techs are lacking