OTR and MK Announcement

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1351317224' post='3045752']
That was some tongue-in-cheek on my part :P But, you are correct in your rebuttal.

hormones, I have absolutely no interest in how big an alliance is. My jab was at MK, not you or OTR. Azaghul misinterpreted my post as some kind of ironic elitism (the leader of a micro making fun of micros). CoJ also doesn't recruit, and I have every confidence that if everyone in OTR keeps collecting taxes and keeps true to your vision, then you'll be fine--it's working for us.
It is precisely because your friends in MK measure success by treaties and recruitment that Azaghul doesn't understand CoJ, and wasn't able to understand my meaning in this thread, and why while you may all be friends, their attitude toward the proliferation of micros will always make you second-class citizens in their worldview. But, as you pointed out, you've already been allied to MK for 2 years, so I'm sure you're just as aware of that crowd's attitudes as anyone and don't need any lesson from me.

But, here you are already, if Azaghul scoffs at CoJ because we're not relevant and we're small--and we're small because we don't recruit and we're not relevant because we choose not to be--and [i]you [/i]are also small because you don't recruit, and you also aren't concerned with relevance . . . well you see where we're headed, hormones, if you know how Azaghul feels about us, you know how he feels about you.

Now, if I can't wish you success in your endeavours, I can at least and happily hope that you have fun while you're at it, and maybe--given our similar smallness and irrelevance--we'll have the pleasure of being matched against each other when Kharon comes for your friends.
[/quote]
You were the one who started this conversation by dismissively labeling The Order of the Reaper as the "microswarm". You can say that was aimed at MK all you want, but it still dismissed The Order of the Reaper as a "micro" and that's what I responded to.

The fact that we make fun of your delusions of grandeur about your small alliance doesn't mean that we don't respect small alliances. The Order of the Reaper isn't our first or only treaty with a small alliance (we have one with Alchemy.) We've always focused on quality over quantity with both our treaties and membership and sometimes make fun of alliances that do the opposite (like MHA.)

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1351370989' post='3045845']

You were the one who started this conversation by dismissively labeling The Order of the Reaper as the "microswarm". You can say that was aimed at MK all you want, but it still dismissed The Order of the Reaper as a "micro" and that's what I responded to.

The fact that we make fun of your delusions of grandeur about your small alliance doesn't mean that we don't respect small alliances. The Order of the Reaper isn't our first or only treaty with a small alliance (we have one with Alchemy.) We've always focused on quality over quantity with both our treaties and membership and sometimes make fun of alliances that do the opposite (like MHA.)
[/quote]

Seeing the things your members have done to others makes me seriously doubt you focus on quality of membership

[quote name='Mr Havok' timestamp='1351380627' post='3045863']
Seeing the things your members have done to others makes me seriously doubt you focus on quality of membership
[/quote]

It's ok, nobody expects MCXA members to know much about quality.

Since when is 2.3m NS and 40 members a micro alliance? I was actually surprised to check the stats and see CoJ up so high in the rankings. Then again, I don't consider the Reapers to be a micro alliance either, so maybe I just don't get this at all.

Anyway, blah blah blah, congrats on signing something, [insert unoriginal text here].

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1351370989' post='3045845']
We've always focused on quality over quantity with both our treaties and membership
[/quote]

HA HA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh wow. I was told there were some jokes in this topic, but none of them beat this one.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1351300163' post='3045650']
Woah, cool story bro. Shall I list all the more relevant and/or faster-growing alliances that have been founded, raced to the top, and imploded within the same amount of time that CoJ has existed?
Red Elite Defence
United Earth Directorate -- grew to over 100 members in ~2 months
The Jedi Order
The Liquor Cabinet
The Dark Evolution
Open Source Alliance
iFok
The 5 or 6 alliances Omni has founded

etc. Actually, this will take all night, that's enough.

Hey! Let's up the ante! Blocs:
Pandora's Box
Mjolnir
Frostbite
Terra-Cotta Pact
Peace & Love Train
Synergy
Stickmen
Checkmate
Blood for Friends

If they hadn't signed a treaty with MK, I'd give the sincerest wishes of success to OTR; hormones is a friend from way back, and I'm sure all those guys with the "88s" and "aryans" and "reichs" in their names are really super men, too.

But, as you were so kind as to point out, I've been doing the small alliance gig for 3 years, which has been long enough to see a parade of other startups from people more eloquent than me (Doitzel, TJO) more experienced (Electron Sponge, TLC) better connected (DE) etc etc come and go. They all follow the same path: bored guy forms a new AA because he's bored/disenfranchised/fed up/has a great idea; old friends immediately sign a bunch of treaties; founders discover they have no interest in running a small AA and merge or disband. Fast growth and big-time treaties (relevance) don't equal success or even longevity.

So, you'll forgive me, Azaghul, if I don't exactly take your insult as an insult. Justitia's Cult was founded for a specific purpose, operates within a distinct ideology, has outlasted all those "better" alliances (and blocs) and exerts more influence/leverages more power than any other sub-100 alliance out there using nothing but optional treaties (and never more than 3 at once) and the strength of our character and ideology. We aren't aiming to be like any of your friends' super-successful failed alliances, and we're not measuring ourselves with your myopic yardstick.

But do go on, it's been at least 3 months since the last time some guy with nothing to say commented on my relevance.

As for my original comment, you'd better pray to Allarchon that for some weird reason that finally, finally, a treaty with the big dogs and fast growth bucks trend and grows into a new longterm substantial ally for the Tonberry King, because you're running out of established alliances.

Why would I objectively critique an alliance whose foreign policy is to ally itself with alliances I dislike, or argue from any position other than [url="http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/2181/product_medium/BGAMJU203.JPG"]my agenda[/url] (which pales in comparison to [url="http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Fractal-Creations-2013-Agenda-Posters_i8929855_.htm"]Tygaland's agenda[/url])? The best I can give you is a precise statement as to my honest opinion of the treaty and the alliance.
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]I would argue that the fact you must continually assert that your alliance is not an irrelevant failure is the strongest evidence that it is precisely that.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1351435181' post='3046040']
[color=#0000ff]I would argue that the fact you must continually assert that your alliance is not an irrelevant failure is the strongest evidence that it is precisely that.[/color]
[/quote]
You can argue anything you like, the fact that a 2-line half-assed joke spawned a 2-page discussion of our relevance tells me everything I need to know about the subject. CoJ's every system intrinsically limits our "relevance" on any scale that MK talking heads will ever be using when evaluating their moralist boogeyman in CoJ: We don't recruit, we don't sign compulsory (M) treaties, and we limit the number of optional treaties we hold to just a handful. Despite our lack of relevance, we project and leverage greater influence than our factsheet implies.

[color=#0000ff]the fact you must continually assert[/color] [/quote]
Here's a quick observation for you: Stop speculating on our relevance and I won't have to "continually" respond.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1351442095' post='3046068']
You can argue anything you like, the fact that a 2-line half-assed joke spawned a 2-page discussion of our relevance tells me everything I need to know about the subject. CoJ's every system intrinsically limits our "relevance" on any scale that MK talking heads will ever be using when evaluating their moralist boogeyman in CoJ: We don't recruit, we don't sign compulsory (M) treaties, and we limit the number of optional treaties we hold to just a handful. Despite our lack of relevance, we project and leverage greater influence than our factsheet implies.

Here's a quick observation for you: Stop speculating on our relevance and I won't have to "continually" respond.
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]I have never speculated on your relevance. In fact, your alliance is beneath my notice. It is you who continue to defend your relevance in order to gain my attention.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]I will grant you one point though. Your alliance is a leader on your side. You once almost came close to organizing a coalition of UPN, Nemesis, and CoJ to organize a strike a GOONS before falling flat on your face. That is a great testament to your skills as a coalition leader. I tremble to think what would pass should you ever turn your idea towards the Kingdom.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1351451189' post='3046093']
[color=#0000ff]In fact, your alliance is beneath my notice. It is you who continue to defend your relevance in order to gain my attention.[/color]
[/quote]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VgXDD60OohY/TbcK-ye_o0I/AAAAAAAAAAM/QbOBHjZE_8U/s1600/504_news_alert_preview.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18700000/Logan-The-Newsman-logan-henderson-18733933-500-313.jpg[/img]

Hi and welcome to the CN[s]N[/s]sux Newsroom. Our news alert today concerns a guy who types in blue to get attention; insulting others for trying to quote "gain my attention". We are now joined with the reporter Ardus with more on this development.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GZ24Jbst_b4/Tgkw4eYc9OI/AAAAAAAAGnQ/lW7ViS2R3ZY/s320/28765+-+artist+john_joseco+fluttershy+microphone+singing.jpg[/img]

Yes, it appears that known attention whore Rebel Virginia, founder of fail and typer of blue, is accusing others of attention whoring. In a statement today RV claimed Schattenman was trying to "gain my attention".

Thank you, Ardus. Remember folks to join us tonight for our featured story[b] "POT CALLS KETTLE BLACK"[/b].

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program "Congratulating TOOTR".

Edited by Omniscient1

This talk about micros doesn't make sense. The only way TOOTR fits the micro mold is maybe by NS, but certainly not by ANS, experience or relationships. Besides all that, they have a cool name.

Congrats to our former allies in Castle Hall and their new friends. I'm sure we'll get to know each other soon, TOOTR.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1351459047' post='3046119']
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VgXDD60OohY/TbcK-ye_o0I/AAAAAAAAAAM/QbOBHjZE_8U/s1600/504_news_alert_preview.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18700000/Logan-The-Newsman-logan-henderson-18733933-500-313.jpg[/img]

Hi and welcome to the CN[s]N[/s]sux Newsroom. Our news alert today concerns a guy who types in blue to get attention; insulting others for trying to quote "gain my attention". We are now joined with the reporter Ardus with more on this development.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GZ24Jbst_b4/Tgkw4eYc9OI/AAAAAAAAGnQ/lW7ViS2R3ZY/s320/28765+-+artist+john_joseco+fluttershy+microphone+singing.jpg[/img]

Yes, it appears that known attention whore Rebel Virginia, founder of fail and typer of blue, is accusing others of attention whoring. In a statement today RV claimed Schattenman was trying to "gain my attention".

Thank you, Ardus. Remember folks to join us tonight for our featured story[b] "POT CALLS KETTLE BLACK"[/b].

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program "Congratulating TOOTR".
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]Ah, the ad hominen. The last resort of a fool. To be honest though, from all the dealings I have had with you I truly did not expect much more from you. Still, it is a disappointing effort. You assume I did acknowledgement from the likes of you? You have been a failure in everything you have ever sought to do. It is no wonder that you are jealous of my originality and my confidence. I suggest you reign in your envy. Let it go uncontrolled and you may end up failing even more miserably than you have already.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Look at you, you went from leading GATO to being in an alliance with HeroofTime. Now, leading GATO isn't exactly something to be proud of, and most people are embarrassed of the title "Assembly Chairman." That you could go lower than that is impressive.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]But I have given you enough of my time, you worm. I shall not let you petty fools distract us anymore from our grand diplomatic efforts. I am honored be allied to TOR (is that who we just signed with?). They are a fine alliance. Argent can keep its ponies.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1351465614' post='3046153']
[color=#0000ff]Ah, the ad hominen. [/color]

[color=#0000cd]followed by an ad hominen attack. [/color]
[/quote]

Wow! You really do have a problem with psychological projection don't you? Maybe you should get some therapy.

In any case, your response is uninteresting and embarrassingly reflexive. You are certainly out of touch with the OWF these days. Please continue to project your failures onto others though, because it will give me the opportunity to continue making you look like an idiot.

Edited by Omniscient1

[color=#0000ff]Ah, the ad hominen. The last resort of a fool. To be honest though, from all the dealings I have had with you I truly did not expect much more from you. Still, it is a disappointing effort. You assume I did acknowledgement from the likes of you? You have been a failure in everything you have ever sought to do. It is no wonder that you are jealous of my originality and my confidence. I suggest you reign in your envy. Let it go uncontrolled and you may end up failing even more miserably than you have already.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Look at you, you went from leading GATO to being in an alliance with HeroofTime. Now, leading GATO isn't exactly something to be proud of, and most people are embarrassed of the title "Assembly Chairman." That you could go lower than that is impressive.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]But I have given you enough of my time, you worm. I shall not let you petty fools distract us anymore from our grand diplomatic efforts. I am honored be allied to TOR (is that who we just signed with?). They are a fine alliance. Argent can keep its ponies.[/color]
[/quote]
How many days until you change sides, again?

If there's one thing we can count on in CN, it's RV being ridiculously, and unjustifiably arrogant.

[/quote]

Or you could state that since his alliance being "irrelevant" is so constantly brought up every time he posts proves how relevant it actually is. Seriously, I've only been back about a month and I've heard the whole "CoJ is irrelevant" thing at least 6 times. The funny thing about all of it is how irrelevant that relevancy actually is.

[color=#0000FF]Look at you, you went from leading GATO to being in an alliance with HeroofTime. Now, leading GATO isn't exactly something to be proud of, and most people are embarrassed of the title "Assembly Chairman." That you could go lower than that is impressive.[/color]
[/quote]

Coming from a member of Mushroom Kingdom, I'm not quite sure how you are able to say that with a straight face. I have to admit, when I came back and found you what alliance you were in, I was pretty surprised. I guess the whole "alliance hopper" and "side switcher" titles you have been given fit you better than I had originally thought.