OTR and MK Announcement

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1351226624' post='3045351']
And yet [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Order of the Reaper is still more politically relevant than your alliance and in 2.5 months has grown to 2/3rds of the size of your alliance which has existed for almost 3 years.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Woah, cool story bro. Shall I list all the more relevant and/or faster-growing alliances that have been founded, raced to the top, and imploded within the same amount of time that CoJ has existed?
Red Elite Defence
United Earth Directorate -- grew to over 100 members in ~2 months
The Jedi Order
The Liquor Cabinet
The Dark Evolution
Open Source Alliance
iFok
The 5 or 6 alliances Omni has founded

etc. Actually, this will take all night, that's enough.

Hey! Let's up the ante! Blocs:
Pandora's Box
Mjolnir
Frostbite
Terra-Cotta Pact
Peace & Love Train
Synergy
Stickmen
Checkmate
Blood for Friends

If they hadn't signed a treaty with MK, I'd give the sincerest wishes of success to OTR; hormones is a friend from way back, and I'm sure all those guys with the "88s" and "aryans" and "reichs" in their names are really super men, too.

But, as you were so kind as to point out, I've been doing the small alliance gig for 3 years, which has been long enough to see a parade of other startups from people more eloquent than me (Doitzel, TJO) more experienced (Electron Sponge, TLC) better connected (DE) etc etc come and go. They all follow the same path: bored guy forms a new AA because he's bored/disenfranchised/fed up/has a great idea; old friends immediately sign a bunch of treaties; founders discover they have no interest in running a small AA and merge or disband. Fast growth and big-time treaties (relevance) don't equal success or even longevity.

So, you'll forgive me, Azaghul, if I don't exactly take your insult as an insult. Justitia's Cult was founded for a specific purpose, operates within a distinct ideology, has outlasted all those "better" alliances (and blocs) and exerts more influence/leverages more power than any other sub-100 alliance out there using nothing but optional treaties (and never more than 3 at once) and the strength of our character and ideology. We aren't aiming to be like any of your friends' super-successful failed alliances, and we're not measuring ourselves with your myopic yardstick.

But do go on, it's been at least 3 months since the last time some guy with nothing to say commented on my relevance.

As for my original comment, you'd better pray to Allarchon that for some weird reason that finally, finally, a treaty with the big dogs and fast growth bucks trend and grows into a new longterm substantial ally for the Tonberry King, because you're running out of established alliances.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1351229464' post='3045368']
Also Schattenmann on the behalf of those seeking enthralling arguments around the world, I must humbly ask you to pick your jaw off the floor and at least try and remain somewhat objective in your critiques of our allies. Otherwise, you're simply coming off as a garden variety poster with a weakly veiled agenda...which is bad and quite frankly, boring to argue against.
[/quote]
Why would I objectively critique an alliance whose foreign policy is to ally itself with alliances I dislike, or argue from any position other than [url="http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/2181/product_medium/BGAMJU203.JPG"]my agenda[/url] (which pales in comparison to [url="http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Fractal-Creations-2013-Agenda-Posters_i8929855_.htm"]Tygaland's agenda[/url])? The best I can give you is a precise statement as to my honest opinion of the treaty and the alliance.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1351226624' post='3045351']
And yet [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Order of the Reaper is still more politically relevant than your alliance and in 2.5 months has grown to 2/3rds of the size of your alliance which has existed for almost 3 years.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
:lol1:, I like your style. Congrats you two, both very fine alliances.

edit: Schatt, iFOK merged and we still very much exist :war: , you extremely intelligent person.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1351300163' post='3045650']
If they hadn't signed a treaty with MK, I'd give the sincerest wishes of success to OTR; hormones is a friend from way back, and I'm sure all those guys with the "88s" and "aryans" and "reichs" in their names are really super men, too.
[/quote]
You know, I never really noticed that.

Clearly, they are overlooking some things to keep members.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=434464
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=334349
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=102832

Congrats to OTR and MK. I believe you guys, TOP and Umbrella all have treaties with the rest of each other now?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1351300163' post='3045650']Justitia's Cult was founded for a specific purpose, operates within a distinct ideology, has outlasted all those "better" alliances (and blocs) and [u][i][b]exerts more influence/leverages more power than any other sub-100 alliance out there[/b][/i][/u] using nothing but optional treaties (and never more than 3 at once) and the strength of our character and ideology.
[/quote]
Thanks a lot. :((

Woah, cool story bro. Shall I list all the more relevant and/or faster-growing alliances that have been founded, raced to the top, and imploded within the same amount of time that CoJ has existed?
Red Elite Defence
The Jedi Order
The Liquor Cabinet
The Dark Evolution
Open Source Alliance
iFok

Pandora's Box
Mjolnir
Frostbite
Terra-Cotta Pact
Peace & Love Train
Synergy
Stickmen
Checkmate
Blood for Friends

But, as you were so kind as to point out, I've been doing the small alliance gig for 3 years, which has been long enough to see a parade of other startups from people more eloquent than me (Doitzel, TJO) more experienced (Electron Sponge, TLC) better connected (DE) etc etc come and go. They all follow the same path: bored guy forms a new AA because he's bored/disenfranchised/fed up/has a great idea; old friends immediately sign a bunch of treaties; founders discover they have no interest in running a small AA and merge or disband. Fast growth and big-time treaties (relevance) don't equal success or even longevity.

So, you'll forgive me, Azaghul, if I don't exactly take your insult as an insult. Justitia's Cult was founded for a specific purpose, operates within a distinct ideology, has outlasted all those "better" alliances (and blocs) and exerts more influence/leverages more power than any other sub-100 alliance out there using nothing but optional treaties (and never more than 3 at once) and the strength of our character and ideology. We aren't aiming to be like any of your friends' super-successful failed alliances, and we're not measuring ourselves with your myopic yardstick.

But do go on, it's been at least 3 months since the last time some guy with nothing to say commented on my relevance.

As for my original comment, you'd better pray to Allarchon that for some weird reason that finally, finally, a treaty with the big dogs and fast growth bucks trend and grows into a new longterm substantial ally for the Tonberry King, because you're running out of established alliances.
[/quote]
I was commenting on the hypocrisy of the leader of a small, politically insignificant alliance being dismissive of another alliance for being small. A point which apparently escaped you.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1351305955' post='3045689']
I was commenting on the hypocrisy of the leader of a small, politically insignificant alliance being dismissive of another alliance for being small. A point which apparently escaped you.
[/quote]
The whole you're irrelevant thing has never been a good insult.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1351305955' post='3045689']
[/quote]
[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1351307423' post='3045699']
Maybe you should tell that to Schatt.
[/quote]
[size=1]wwww[/size][size=2]w[size=3]wwwhh[/size][/size][size=4]hhhho[size=5]ooooooosss[/size][/size][size=3]sshh[/size][size=1]hhhh[/size]
That was the sound of my original comment flying over your head.

Red Elite Defence
The Jedi Order
The Liquor Cabinet
The Dark Evolution
Open Source Alliance
iFok

Pandora's Box
Mjolnir
Frostbite
Terra-Cotta Pact
Peace & Love Train
Synergy
Stickmen
Checkmate
Blood for Friends

Why would I objectively critique an alliance whose foreign policy is to ally itself with alliances I dislike, or argue from any position other than [url="http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/2181/product_medium/BGAMJU203.JPG"]my agenda[/url] (which pales in comparison to [url="http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Fractal-Creations-2013-Agenda-Posters_i8929855_.htm"]Tygaland's agenda[/url])? The best I can give you is a precise statement as to my honest opinion of the treaty and the alliance.
[/quote]
Its true, we do go way back. 5 yrs to be exact. So being the friend that I am I will explain why we aren't higher in numbers. We don't recruit. Thats it. We are very content with who and what we have.
As for our treaties, we signed these for potical and personal reasons. I came from being in TOP for the past 2 years and treatied to them for almost 2 years before that. Bassman came from Umbrella. TSO has been a friend since their DoE. MK again, friends over a long period of time.
We don't sign treaties for political relevance, we sign them knowing that we and our treaty partners will walk to hell and back for one another.
To be honest, we enjoy being small. You've known me a very long time and have known my past alliances. None of them capped the 100 member mark except for TOP.
OTS - 50ish members
Legio X - 70ish members
F.A.C.E. - 26 members

I had a hand in the creation of Dark Evolution. I merged LX to form them. Turned down the trium position and went my own way. I went on to form F.A.C.E. with VIdiot to have an active alliance.
I have never been a fan of mass members. I would rather have 5 members whom I know and are active than an alliance with 300 inactive strangers.

[/quote]

Although I have been a member of several alliances I've only ever founded one, Odyssey. Your friend Cheyenne or TimLee would have been a better choice. Speaking of you left out the fifteen incarnations of FIRE out of that list. Actually TimLee is probably the best choice, because he has founded at least 6 or 7 which like himself were utter failures. At least Chey started an alliance that become semi-relevant.

But anyway back to congratulating TOOTR!

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1351310644' post='3045725']
Although I have been a member of several alliances I've only ever founded one, Odyssey. Your friend Cheyenne or TimLee would have been a better choice. Speaking of you left out the fifteen incarnations of FIRE out of that list. Actually TimLee is probably the best choice, because he has founded at least 6 or 7 which like himself were utter failures. At least Chey started an alliance that become semi-relevant.

But anyway back to congratulating TOOTR!
[/quote]
That was some tongue-in-cheek on my part :P But, you are correct in your rebuttal.
[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1351309734' post='3045720']
Its true, we do go way back. 5 yrs to be exact. So being the friend that I am I will explain why we aren't higher in numbers. We don't recruit. Thats it. We are very content with who and what we have.
As for our treaties, we signed these for potical and personal reasons. I came from being in TOP for the past 2 years and treatied to them for almost 2 years before that. Bassman came from Umbrella. TSO has been a friend since their DoE. MK again, friends over a long period of time.
We don't sign treaties for political relevance, we sign them knowing that we and our treaty partners will walk to hell and back for one another.
To be honest, we enjoy being small. You've known me a very long time and have known my past alliances. None of them capped the 100 member mark except for TOP.
OTS - 50ish members
Legio X - 70ish members
F.A.C.E. - 26 members

I had a hand in the creation of Dark Evolution. I merged LX to form them. Turned down the trium position and went my own way. I went on to form F.A.C.E. with VIdiot to have an active alliance.
I have never been a fan of mass members. I would rather have 5 members whom I know and are active than an alliance with 300 inactive strangers.
[/quote]
hormones, I have absolutely no interest in how big an alliance is. My jab was at MK, not you or OTR. Azaghul misinterpreted my post as some kind of ironic elitism (the leader of a micro making fun of micros). CoJ also doesn't recruit, and I have every confidence that if everyone in OTR keeps collecting taxes and keeps true to your vision, then you'll be fine--it's working for us.
It is precisely because your friends in MK measure success by treaties and recruitment that Azaghul doesn't understand CoJ, and wasn't able to understand my meaning in this thread, and why while you may all be friends, their attitude toward the proliferation of micros will always make you second-class citizens in their worldview. But, as you pointed out, you've already been allied to MK for 2 years, so I'm sure you're just as aware of that crowd's attitudes as anyone and don't need any lesson from me.

But, here you are already, if Azaghul scoffs at CoJ because we're not relevant and we're small--and we're small because we don't recruit and we're not relevant because we choose not to be--and [i]you [/i]are also small because you don't recruit, and you also aren't concerned with relevance . . . well you see where we're headed, hormones, if you know how Azaghul feels about us, you know how he feels about you.

Now, if I can't wish you success in your endeavours, I can at least and happily hope that you have fun while you're at it, and maybe--given our similar smallness and irrelevance--we'll have the pleasure of being matched against each other when Kharon comes for your friends.