A Very Special TLR Birthday

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rontastic' timestamp='1340074812' post='2988197']
Tremendous.

+1 for Rush. I didn't know you had this kind of lulz in you.
[/quote]

Manny wrote the DoW. Rush just complained and yelled about it :P

GO us! 1 year with the best friends and only people I would ever merge with! Here is to years more!

Also, obligatory "come out of peace mode" post.

Interesting. On TLR's birthday, they give GATO to R&R. Why did they get so lucky? :/

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1340076623' post='2988366']
I hold TLR in somewhat high regard.
[/quote]
Why? They've been like this at least since they merged. Rush is the perfect MK ally.

[quote]Despite the treatment they are receiving by their allies in The International, R&R is a classy alliance who will avoid to bash their allies in public, but don't think they are satisfied with it just because nobody from R&R posted complaining in OWF.[/quote]

An ally of CnG gets attacked, CnG steps in to defend them. Isn't that what you've been complaining about [i]not[/i] happening for the past few days? Or do you choose to not complain when it's an alliance you dislike being defended? Or maybe it's not even that. Maybe you just like to complain in general.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317086962' post='2809282']
I never supported or was fan of curbstomps but I'd gladly support and take part of one against LSF after see they acting like idiots in NV disbandment thread.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think I'll go with the latter.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1340089035' post='2988666']
All this certainly makes me feel great about our INT/GATO treaties!
[/quote]

Not sure what you were expecting, really. I mean, you knew you were signing treaties with signatories of a bloc closely tied to MK with no real chance of divergence from them, especially when it comes to the SF boogeyman. I'm sure it came up in discussions.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340088758' post='2988663']
Isn't that what you've been complaining about [i]not[/i] happening for the past few days?
[/quote]

No I don't anyone has been complaining that CnG is attacking it's allies for the past few days. We are not complaining that you are defending MK we are complaining that you &^%$ on your other allies to do it.
But I mean, I can understand, only one AA countered MK last night... -looks at Invicta- Oh that's right there were two, and CnG decided out of an ally or non ally, to attack the ally.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1340089265' post='2988669']
Not sure what you were expecting, really. I mean, you knew you were signing treaties with signatories of a bloc closely tied to MK with no real chance of divergence from them, especially when it comes to the SF boogeyman. I'm sure it came up in discussions.
[/quote]

While I'm not sure on Gov level discussions, embassy level discussions about the reputation of the bloc bending to the will of MK at the expense of other CnG allies were hotly contested. Somewhat falsely it seems.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1340089522' post='2988671']
While I'm not sure on Gov level discussions, embassy level discussions about the reputation of the bloc bending to the will of MK at the expense of other CnG allies were hotly contested. Somewhat falsely it seems.
[/quote]

That's to be expected. They'd never admit it and such denials can't really be taken at face value. It's a not-so clever way to accrue allies to be on the "fringes" of DH, but somewhat transparent.

[/quote]
I'm sure your C&G allies appreciate you !@#$%*ing them out in public too.

[/quote]

Don't worry about it, as long as you never happen to be on the opposite side to MK you will be fine.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340088758' post='2988663']
An ally of CnG gets attacked, CnG steps in to defend them. Isn't that what you've been complaining about [i]not[/i] happening for the past few days? Or do you choose to not complain when it's an alliance you dislike being defended? Or maybe it's not even that. Maybe you just like to complain in general.
[/quote]
I get what you're saying, but the reason people are upset at Int is because you just proved all the "doubters" or "nay-sayers" (or whatever you want to call them) right. With the posts you've personally been making, and now your bloc hitting your MDoAP ally in support of MK, rather than defending LSF (even with them being ass hats, you still hold a treaty and they /were/ attacked first), it looks bad for you. Take that how you want. I'm one of the people you proved wrong, so it doesn't matter one way or another to me anymore.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1340089763' post='2988677']
I get what you're saying, but the reason people are upset at Int is because you just proved all the "doubters" or "nay-sayers" (or whatever you want to call them) right. With the posts you've personally been making, and now your bloc hitting your MDoAP ally in support of MK, rather than defending LSF (even with them being ass hats, you still hold a treaty and they /were/ attacked first), it looks bad for you. Take that how you want. I'm one of the people you proved wrong, so it doesn't matter one way or another to me anymore.
[/quote]

I mean, it's not even to do with that. As soon as FOK disbanded, it was pretty much common knowledge that this was the path of least hardship for the DH/C&G group , and since then they've been tacitly on board with R&R getting rolled. I mean, he's even wearing a supervillain sig.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1340089763' post='2988677']
[/quote]

I wonder if NoR and their allies believe LSF were hit first. It's pretty discombobulated and confused.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1340089741' post='2988675']
Don't worry about it, as long as you never happen to be on the opposite side to MK you will be fine.
[/quote]

That's a position we've found ourselves in way more often than not over the years.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1340090269' post='2988681']
I wonder if NoR and their allies believe LSF were hit first. It's pretty discombobulated and confused.
[/quote]
Like I said, LSF gave the opening, but they were still /attacked/ first. I don't really care what line anyone is pushing, that's my opinion on it; and that's all these situations ever are: Opinions.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1340081405' post='2988564']
Remember that time RnR was on the polar opposite side of the world from Int and didn't rectify it, and then a bunch of other alliances acted all butthurt about it?

I've seen Spartans, D34th, and people from CoJ complain about it, but 0 to very few people from R&R complain.
[/quote]

Well you been LEO gov, you know our favorite saying

ROLL INT :)

More serious, a while back we had a Q&A with GATO and in that Q&A i told them GATO was one of the alliances I would love to fight 1 on 1, not because I have a grudge against them but because we have a similar tier distribution (granted it shifted to GATO's favor since last war) and some other similarities.

MK we never pretended to like, and TLR seems to be in here for the chain, so honestly not to much we should complain about.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1340082073' post='2988579']
Coming from CoJ, I'll take that as a compliment, so thanks! :awesome:

Or maybe they accept the fact that by placing themselves at the polar opposite of Int's FA, they did this to themselves?

R&R obviously has the right to chose their own FA path, but no one should act surprised when alliances in rival blocs fight each other.
[/quote]

Well I have to disagree, apart from signing Sparta and NATO we really haven't had any big changes to our FA in a long time, so unless you want to go so far back as when we canceled on ODN over 2 years ago we haven't exactly placed ourselves opposite of them, R&R has been in SF much much longer than INT has been in C&G, so it just slowly evolved that way.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1340094834' post='2988700']
Well I have to disagree, apart from signing Sparta and NATO we really haven't had any big changes to our FA in a long time, so unless you want to go so far back as when we canceled on ODN over 2 years ago we haven't exactly placed ourselves opposite of them, R&R has been in SF much much longer than INT has been in C&G, so it just slowly evolved that way.
[/quote]
You haven't changed your FA, but others have. I think it's a weakness to be holding on to the same alliances over and over if you know you will get into conflicting situations.

I guess this falls on deaf ears considering your history of being in two blocs at once.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1340090000' post='2988679']
I mean, it's not even to do with that. As soon as FOK disbanded, it was pretty much common knowledge that this was the path of least hardship for the DH/C&G group , and since then they've been tacitly on board with R&R getting rolled. I mean, he's even wearing a supervillain sig.
[/quote]I'm wearing a supervillain sig too. They're fun.

You read too much into everything.