A Very Special TLR Birthday

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1340112100' post='2988834']
Polar is in my bloc? Why didn't anyone inform me that Polar joined C&G!
[/quote]

Ah thought you meant gato, they've done it quite a few times as well

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1340105409' post='2988778']
People when don't have any more arguments start to talk about my past AA, congratulations you reached that level.
[/quote]
He kind of completely rebuked you. So I suppose he literally ran out of arguments in that sense. And he was more or less pointing out the hypocrisy coming from you.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1340113828' post='2988843']
He kind of completely rebuked you. So I suppose he literally ran out of arguments in that sense. And he was more or less pointing out the hypocrisy coming from you.
[/quote]

In all the time I was member, Polaris never ever refused to defend an ally when requested. So nice try, but you need to learn what hypocrisy means before start to point fingers.

I'm not here to talk about Polar. I'm just pointing out his arguments. My favorite part is how you realize you've been debunked so you try to see if you can snatch some points by ignoring the main point and focusing on a one sentence statement AirMe made.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1340114930' post='2988853']
I had assumed you meant ODN.
[/quote]

Both ignore treaties quite often but I didn't think omni was in odn

Again, here we are in a situation... R&R is happy, TLR/GATO are happy. They're fighting a nice, clean battle with no animosity at all between each other... while everyone else insists on whining. :facepalm:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1340116392' post='2988863']
In all the time I was member, Polaris never ever refused to defend an ally when requested. So nice try, but you need to learn what hypocrisy means before start to point fingers.
[/quote]
TLR has also never refused to defend an ally. Again, you are just making things up.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340117441' post='2988873']
Again, here we are in a situation... R&R is happy, TLR/GATO are happy. They're fighting a nice, clean battle with no animosity at all between each other... while everyone else insists on whining. :facepalm:
[/quote]

There's a difference between understanding what happened and being happy.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1340117586' post='2988876']
TLR has also never refused to defend an ally. Again, you are just making things up.
[/quote]

Nope, TLR is just making a habit out of pressuring their allies into refusing to defend an ally.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340117441' post='2988873']
Again, here we are in a situation... R&R is happy, TLR/GATO are happy.
[/quote]

I wouldn't use the word "happy" to describe R&R feelings about this situation. We understand why you chose this particular set of actions, though.

EDIT: damn MF -.- beat me to it.

Edited by Garion

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1340117972' post='2988879']
Nope, TLR is just making a habit out of pressuring their allies into refusing to defend an ally.
[/quote]

TLR was the first alliance to pledge support to INT in whatever decisions we decided to make. Then again, getting the facts before you go and make a fool of yourself isn't exactly your forte. So whatever.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1340105439' post='2988779']
How come no one has presented a cake yet? it is a birthday celebration you know!
[/quote]

I did [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=111621&st=40&p=2988292&#entry2988292"]present one[/url]. Maybe everyone else ate it before you showed up?

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340118384' post='2988884']
TLR was the first alliance to pledge support to INT in whatever decisions we decided to make. Then again, getting the facts before you go and make a fool of yourself isn't exactly your forte. So whatever.
[/quote]

Being the first ally to pledge support when being in an MDAP bloc with an alliance is like asking your wife to marry you though :S.

Edited by EgoFreaky

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1340121301' post='2988905']
Being the first ally to pledge support when being in an MDAP bloc with an alliance is like asking your wife to marry you though :S.
[/quote]

True, but it still defeats the point he was trying to stumble into. :P

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340121489' post='2988907']
[/quote]

Not really his point is that TLR placed pressure upon us to take a certain course of action, are you denying that happened?

EDIT: I missed a t

Edited by Azreal

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340121489' post='2988907']
[/quote]
Not really. I mean, I'm not going to pretend to have intimate knowledge of C&G's internal dynamics, but just in general there are a large number of ways to influence your allies besides withholding support, and many of them are significantly more effective.

You could certainly submit your claim as a piece of evidence against his point, but by itself it doesn't really defeat anything.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1340120749' post='2988901']
I did [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=111621&st=40&p=2988292&#entry2988292"]present one[/url]. Maybe everyone else ate it before you showed up?
[/quote]
Damn totally missed that, sorry Pingu :blush: ...but that makes three cakes! which is bad news for my waistline.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1340122084' post='2988912']
Not really. I mean, I'm not going to pretend to have intimate knowledge of C&G's internal dynamics, but just in general there are a large number of ways to influence your allies besides withholding support, and many of them are significantly more effective.

You could certainly submit your claim as a piece of evidence against his point, but by itself it doesn't really defeat anything.
[/quote]

Everyone saw the public display of not wanting to defend LSF from many CnG members.....imagine what went on in private. That is not in dispute. However Int knows full well we would have went with them if that was their choice. It turns out it wasnt. Sucks for you I know but its the way it is. I'm sure you will all never let any of us live it down and that's punishment enough.

Edited by magicninja

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1340123330' post='2988918']
Everyone saw the public display of not wanting to defend LSF from many CnG members.....imagine what went on in private. That is not in dispute. However Int knows full well we would have went with them if that was their choice. It turns out it wasnt. Sucks for you I know but its the way it is. I'm sure you will all never let any of us live it down and that's punishment enough.
[/quote]
Deep breaths. All I pointed out was that his post contained evidence in favor of his position rather than a knockout blow against all dissent.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1340123660' post='2988923']
Deep breaths. All I pointed out was that his post contained evidence in favor of his position rather than a knockout blow against all dissent.
[/quote]

I was just pointing out that of course some in CnG railed against Int going in for LSF. Some even supported it if you can believe it. You guys are implying that is the only reason Int chose not to go in. I believe Int votes as an alliance on those things so I seriously doubt that any of our arguments reached every voting member. It may have played a role for those who heard them. I have no way of knowing but I think there was probably a lot more info available to Int's membership than was available to you or me for that matter. While I'm sure our opinions are respected among eachother, I seriously doubt even a 3vs1 scenario would stop any one of us from acting if we felt that strongly about something.