A Very Special TLR Birthday

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1340124593' post='2988931']
I was just pointing out that of course some in CnG railed against Int going in for LSF. Some even supported it if you can believe it. You guys are implying that is the only reason Int chose not to go in. I believe Int votes as an alliance on those things so I seriously doubt that any of our arguments reached every voting member. It may have played a role for those who heard them. I have no way of knowing but I think there was probably a lot more info available to Int's membership than was available to you or me for that matter. While I'm sure our opinions are respected among eachother, I seriously doubt even a 3vs1 scenario would stop any one of us from acting if we felt that strongly about something.
[/quote]

I was one of those dudes rallying against going in for LSF. I did it in public. I did it in private. I did it everywhere humanly possible and I had fun in the process.

On that note, I'm not entirely sure why like 3-5 members from each CNG alliance feel the need to !@#$ all over their alliances, their bloc, and their bloc's allies all over the OWF recently, but I'm not sure what you guys think you're accomplishing other than looking incompetent as $%&@. It would be different if it were just a few random members who don't effect alliance policy, like Hal's callout thread, but it's your !@#$@#$ gov members. As an onlooker from the outside, I am embarrassed for you, and I am asking you to please get your !@#$ together.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1340094834' post='2988700']
Well you been LEO gov, you know our favorite saying

ROLL INT :)

More serious, a while back we had a Q&A with GATO and in that Q&A i told them GATO was one of the alliances I would love to fight 1 on 1, not because I have a grudge against them but because we have a similar tier distribution (granted it shifted to GATO's favor since last war) and some other similarities.

MK we never pretended to like, and TLR seems to be in here for the chain, so honestly not to much we should complain about.[/quote]
Always Roll INT.

[quote]
Well I have to disagree, apart from signing Sparta and NATO we really haven't had any big changes to our FA in a long time, so unless you want to go so far back as when we canceled on ODN over 2 years ago we haven't exactly placed ourselves opposite of them, R&R has been in SF much much longer than INT has been in C&G, so it just slowly evolved that way.
[/quote]
You joined XX, which firmly entrenched you on the opposing side of INT. Don't read that in an accusatory tone, it's just the truth.

The same thing happened with ODN and Sparta in the last war. Sparta joined XX, a bloc very close to SF, who everyone knew was going to be on the opposite side of ODN and CnG. There were discussions and nobody did anything about it. Then, when the war came, ODN and Sparta were on opposite sides and everyone's feelings got hurt.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1340104152' post='2988761']
So aiding rogues and refusing to talk about it is fine in your opinion? You guys are being so transparent here with your play :)
[/quote]
Go read through my posts and see if that's what you come up with again. LSF gave the CB - they were wrong. But NoR still -attacked- first.

[quote name='Azreal' timestamp='1340121628' post='2988908']
Not really his point is that TLR placed pressure upon us to take a certain course of action, are you denying that happened?

EDIT: I missed a t
[/quote]

LSF put pressure on you to make a particular decision as well. Like it or not , in times where two allies are dividing a 3rd ally, they will both plead their case. Its ok to villify us, I am used to it, even if its only looking at one side of the coin.

Not really his point is that TLR placed pressure upon us to take a certain course of action, are you denying that happened?
[/quote]

I'm denying that it happened because it didn't. Our allies were 100% supportive of us no matter what decision we decided to make. Did they dislike some of the options on the table and communicate that with us? Yes, because that's what allies do. But to interpret that as "pressure" is either half-asses spin or a clear misunderstanding of what happened.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but it's great to finally be here. I cannot praise TLR more for what you have accomplished this year and the future looks radiated and barren--just the way we like it.

I'm must second Rush Sykes' gratitude for all those he mentioned. You are truly the most brilliant, thoughtful, and all around awful people on this planet and we would not be where we are without you.

Those of you who know me know that I bleed CnG with every action and decision I make. I love CnG more than anyone should really love anything. I am fully addicted to the commitment we have to each other.

Perhaps against my best judgement, I am going to present my stance on recent events.

1. I personally see the actions of LSF as those consistent with the actions of a terrorist organization. That being said, I was in constant contact with INT leadership and told them TLR would have their backs no matter the cost if they felt the need to assist their ally. The International was put in an impossible situation by LSF. If INT had said they needed to support LSF, CnG would have rolled as one. Such an action, however, would have led to the utter decimation of the bloc that GATO, ODN, INT, and TLR love. The International made a decision to benefit CnG as a whole. I cannot fathom how difficult that decision was to make. But I am relieved and now so, more than ever, committed to our Union.

2. TLR's decision to declare war on RnR has a two-fold purpose. I have always maintained that I like RnR. But RnR's position in the web puts them on the side with those who seek to destroy CnG. We've all known this for years. This is not a shock. But what TLR can do is make damn well sure that RnR faces the post-war with ease. How many of CnG's enemies would do the same for us? I believe RnR gets it and that this is just business-a fun business where things get to be blown up. I wish RnR the best of luck and I hope we can all have fun with this war.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1340127862' post='2988957']
Also lol @ "LEO is dead"...did it ever live?
[/quote]

I'm surprised it still carries enough weight to be brought up even today. I don't think any of us originally expected that from LEO.

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1340135008' post='2989098']
2. TLR's decision to declare war on RnR has a two-fold purpose. I have always maintained that I like RnR. But RnR's position in the web puts them on the side with those who seek to destroy CnG. We've all known this for years. This is not a shock. But what TLR can do is make damn well sure that RnR faces the post-war with ease. How many of CnG's enemies would do the same for us? I believe RnR gets it and that this is just business-a fun business where things get to be blown up. I wish RnR the best of luck and I hope we can all have fun with this war.
[/quote]

You guys are doing a good enough job of destroying C&G already.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1340136572' post='2989124']
You guys are doing a good enough job of destroying C&G already.
[/quote]

People like you say this every war and yet C&G is still around.

TBH guys, INT had to make a decision and choosing between us and C&G, like Bambi said, would put them in a very very tough position. It's hard to have allies on the other side of the treaty web, but that's how it is. INT is still my friend, and I am glad to be allied to them :)

Add to that, I have nothing against TLR and GATO, and so far this war has been honorable between us, including the fact that it's fun to join in the GATO Q&As that we occasionally host :wub:

The plus side of this war is that I could possible be a rogue hunter again for the lower ranges :smug:

Edited by Darth Banana

[quote name='Darth Banana' timestamp='1340138028' post='2989156']
TBH guys, INT had to make a decision and choosing between us and C&G, like Bambi said, would put them in a very very tough position. It's hard to have allies on the other side of the treaty web, but that's how it is. INT is still my friend, and I am glad to be allied to them :)

Add to that, I have nothing against TLR and GATO, and so far this war has been honorable between us, including the fact that it's fun to join in the GATO Q&As that we occasionally host :wub:

The plus side of this war is that I could possible be a rogue hunter again for the lower ranges :smug:
[/quote]

Hah, you're back!

Don't be a stranger, come by and visit us more often. :>

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1340111986' post='2988833']
If INT had asked us, we would have gone.
[/quote]

I know, what I'm saying is there seems to be very little hesitation about helping MK perform an aggressive war, but all kinds of hesitation for helping LSF. It's just a weird juxtaposition.

[/quote]

TLR members expressed their individual opinions. As did other members of other C&G alliances. But we fully understood it was the place of the International to make the ultimate determination on this matter. We'd never deny them that. And we and the rest of C&G would've backed The International 100% if they had made the opposite determination. The International spent a lot of time debating this and talking things out with LSF and made the best evaluation of the situation they could.

As for the attack on RnR. RnR was chosen to do the attack on MK because it put C&G in an awkward position. We have no problem with that. They chose a course of action they thought might best benefit their side of the treaty web strategically. We faced a situation where one ally a member is allied to attacked another ally of a C&G member. It's an uncomfortable situation. TLR and GATO went with the ally being attacked over the one doing the attacking.

RnR are good folks and will be afforded a fast and painless exit to this war when they've had enough.

[quote name='Darth Banana' timestamp='1340138028' post='2989156']

[/quote]

Another hurray for someone who gets it.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1340079158' post='2988501']
Are you too afraid to refer to us by name?

I like it. We've become the boogeyman that even the adults in UE fear to speak of.
[/quote]
Disgust, yes. Fear, no. Possibly because I'm stupid, but probably because I just need a few tubes of this stuff:

[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/30jscog.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340079387' post='2988517']
Interestingly, we've never pushed OOC attacks to the point of declaring war for them. But I get it, it's okay. LSF are the good guys, MK is the BBEG. We can only hope and pray for MKarma to save us all, and free the land from our tyranny.
[/quote]

Biodave 4 lyfe.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340079387' post='2988517']
Interestingly, we've never pushed OOC attacks to the point of declaring war for them. But I get it, it's okay. LSF are the good guys, MK is the BBEG. We can only hope and pray for MKarma to save us all, and free the land from our tyranny.
[/quote]
[ooc] Of course not, the only way to push someone out of the game nowadays is to harass them IRL until they flee to regain some sense of sanity in their personal lives. There's no need for war! [/ooc]

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340134835' post='2989094']
I'm denying that it happened because it didn't. Our allies were 100% supportive of us no matter what decision we decided to make. Did they dislike some of the options on the table and communicate that with us? Yes, because that's what allies do. But to interpret that as "pressure" is either half-asses spin or a clear misunderstanding of what happened.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree, which is weird cause I agreed with TLR at the time.