Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoMercy' timestamp='1341950857' post='3007972']
I have never seen someone actually gaining money during a nuclear war.
[/quote]
It happens when you are low on nukes and everyone you are fighting is terrible (and not rebuying planes).

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340024816' post='2987574']
The only reason why I'm still around is because I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger after 5 years. But all of my options suck majorly, so why shouldn't I? What would you do?

PS: I have 6 billion dollars, but it seems like a waste of time to fight a solo war for that long.
[/quote]

Heh - with that money, you can likely buy infra to get out of their ranges. Only a few nations could attack you, and most will be unwilling.

I'm deleting tomorrow - same sort of thing with a 5 yr old nation, I bought 6k infra to get to 18k and I'll burn what I have left tomorrow on tech just before I delete. :)

EDIT: Wow you are a low-NS nation... Oh well - if you were at 15k or so and then drop 6b on infra you MIGHT get your NS over most potential attackers, but not any more.

Edited by Auric the Merciless

[quote name='Auric the Merciless' timestamp='1342891547' post='3012994']
Heh - with that money, you can likely buy infra to get out of their ranges. Only a few nations could attack you, and most will be unwilling.
[/quote]
that's not how this game works...

So Dochartaigh is refusing to declare war on me, after all his smack talk. Something about him needing a bigger WC to 3v1 me. :rolleyes:

TIO, I will pay you a visit after Polaris, Doc's trash talk got me all riled up so I'll just smack a few poor TIO nations around in his place.

EDIT: Another update on this war.. Polaris' golden age has ended already, I am able to GA them effectively again and in a few weeks the roles will be reversed entirely. I get 60-75% odds on my ground attacks and things will only get better from now on.

Edited by Viluin

hahahahaha. For all your talk of a huge WC, you seem a bit reluctant to spend some to fight this war. Instead, you want me to handicap myself as much as possible in order to hit you. I told you in PM that I will hit you tomorrow at update as RL is far more important than you. You seem to not want to listen and still refuse to simply purchase around 1,500 infra to get within range of me but will buy up to 1k for as long as you can. Yet you call me the coward.

As for hitting TIO due to me, I am honored you think so highly of me and that I have become part of your obsession.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1343241012' post='3015209']
TIO, I will pay you a visit after Polaris, Doc's trash talk got me all riled up so I'll just smack a few poor TIO nations around in his place.[/quote]

It's been over a month since you declared an offensive war. And since you are in anarchy, and likely to stay that way, it seems unlikely you'll be declaring any soon.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343254225' post='3015346']
You can't make promises, not deliver, then make excuses.
[/quote]

If you are talking to me, read the post above yours. Prior to that TIO was at war.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343260023' post='3015431']
If you are talking to me, read the post above yours. Prior to that TIO was at war.
[/quote]
You weren't at war throughout this whole thing, my fine moral knight.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343260472' post='3015437']
You weren't at war throughout this whole thing, my fine moral knight.
[/quote]

Really? TIO was at war with VE (prior to that I was 80k and he was around 50k meaning I could not hit him). Then TIO went to war with PPO pretty much right after VE. So, I do believe you are wrong my fine wrong person.

I have agreed to hit him tomorrow night, so am unsure what you are trying to get at, other than to try and take a jab at me. Go for it though, it only makes you look foolish, just like Viluin.

Edit: Meh, decided to hit him now just to shut his crying up. Though I am laughing at myself as I forgot I deployed down to 0 troops earlier this morning so no GAs from me. hahahahaha.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343262209' post='3015450']
Really? TIO was at war with VE (prior to that I was 80k and he was around 50k meaning I could not hit him). Then TIO went to war with PPO pretty much right after VE. So, I do believe you are wrong my fine wrong person.

I have agreed to hit him tomorrow night, so am unsure what you are trying to get at, other than to try and take a jab at me. Go for it though, it only makes you look foolish, just like Viluin.
[/quote]
Your excuse was that you were at war. Not that you were out of range. You weren't at war for about a week after this topic started, I'm pretty sure. You could have easily sold down if you felt so strongly about it.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343262569' post='3015456']
Your excuse was that you were at war. Not that you were out of range. You weren't at war for about a week after this topic started, I'm pretty sure. You could have easily sold down if you felt so strongly about it.
[/quote]

Right, at a time when it was blatantly obvious that TIO was going to be at war... You are truly showing yourself to be quite the genius mate. As I have told Viluin time and again, he was not really that important. I said that I would like to hit him if I had the chance. So happens, I did not have the chance then but I do now and lo and behold, I hit him.

So again, keep talking. Foolish looks good on you.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343263159' post='3015463']
Right, at a time when it was blatantly obvious that TIO was going to be at war... You are truly showing yourself to be quite the genius mate. As I have told Viluin time and again, he was not really that important. I said that I would like to hit him if I had the chance. So happens, I did not have the chance then but I do now and lo and behold, I hit him.

So again, keep talking. Foolish looks good on you.
[/quote]
Viluin is apparently high on your priorities as you keep trying to explain why you haven't hit him yet but [i]totally[i] will eventually, promise!

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343263531' post='3015468']
Viluin is apparently high on your priorities as you keep trying to explain why you haven't hit him yet but [i]totally[i] will eventually, promise!
[/quote]

Yup, keep talking and keep looking foolish. You are quite good at it.

Hahhahaa, he actually declared on me with 20 million dollars. :awesome:

You're screwed.

EDIT: Omg he has no Guerilla Camps, PARTY TIME! Tbh you should lose your navy, you can't afford to pay its bills. I don't understand why you bought 105 planes after declaring war on me.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1343281494' post='3015630']
Hahhahaa, he actually declared on me with 20 million dollars. :awesome:
You're screwed.
EDIT: Omg he has no Guerilla Camps, PARTY TIME! Tbh you should lose your navy, you can't afford to pay its bills. I don't understand why you bought 105 planes after declaring war on me.
[/quote]

Viluin's NS week by week:
[img]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8589/imagen1jz.png[/img]

Viluin's nation was in the top 1% nations.
Mowadays:
Nation Rank: Ranked #3,588 of 13,308 Nations (26.96%)

LOL... by the end of this war your nation will simply say: "Nation Rank: Ranked #13,308 of 13,308 Nations (100%)"

Also, LOL at Viluin threatening Alliances or Nation about "who's next"... !!!
Oh, Viluin, it's always YOU then one who's next. It's up to us to decide who you fight with... so your empty threats are quite funny.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1343290192' post='3015680']

Mowadays:

LOL... by the end of this war your nation will simply say: "Nation Rank: Ranked #13,308 of 13,308 Nations (100%)"

Oh, Viluin, it's always YOU then one who's next. It's up to us to decide who you fight with... so your empty threats are quite funny.
[/quote]

That's actually an insanely slow decline of NS over such a long time of war, I'm not sure what you're trying to brag about here. Any other enemy would have weakened me much more by now. And let's not forget you're doing exactly what I want every time you destroy my tech. :smug: Your nukes are helping me more than they are hurting me, it only costs about $100-500k to replace the infra that a nuke destroys (yes really). The only thing that does noticeable damage to me is ground attacks and spy-ops, and the lower my NS gets the harder it will be for you to do both. Dochartaigh doesn't have money to spy on me and he doesn't have Guerrilla Camps to GA me easily, he's basically been tricked into performing a pointless kamikaze assault because his nation is useless against mine. In fact he shouldn't be GAing me at all, if he wins it's like taking a drop of water from a swimming pool, if he loses he gives 15% of his warchest to me, up to $1 million (which is still 5%). I'm also 18 days inactive so he can't loot my money! Sometimes I stop and think for a while about how much of an evil !@#$%^& I am, and then I smile. :wub:

Eventually my NS will be so low you'll have to suicide entire nations just to keep me in anarchy, some victory that is lmao. Also, I was never in the top 1%. It's just a top 5% nation that's doing this to your alliance.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1343295430' post='3015690']
That's actually an insanely slow decline of NS over such a long time of war, I'm not sure what you're trying to brag about here. Any other enemy would have weakened me much more by now. And let's not forget you're doing exactly what I want every time you destroy my tech. :smug: Your nukes are helping me more than they are hurting me, it only costs about $100-500k to replace the infra that a nuke destroys (yes really). The only thing that does noticeable damage to me is ground attacks and spy-ops, and the lower my NS gets the harder it will be for you to do both. Dochartaigh doesn't have money to spy on me and he doesn't have Guerrilla Camps to GA me easily, he's basically been tricked into performing a pointless kamikaze assault because his nation is useless against mine. In fact he shouldn't be GAing me at all, if he wins it's like taking a drop of water from a swimming pool, if he loses he gives 15% of his warchest to me, up to $1 million (which is still 5%). I'm also 18 days inactive so he can't loot my money! Sometimes I stop and think for a while about how much of an evil !@#$%^& I am, and then I smile. :wub:

Eventually my NS will be so low you'll have to suicide entire nations just to keep me in anarchy, some victory that is lmao. Also, I was never in the top 1%. It's just a top 5% nation that's doing this to your alliance.
[/quote]

Am I the only one getting a chuckle out of this guys attitude adjustment? From whining and crying to a tough guy act.

Funny.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1343290192' post='3015680']

Mowadays:

[/quote]

Iamthey's nation lost a similar if not greater amount of NS, 90k to 30k NS if I remember correctly, within 5 days during the DH preempt of NPO. So that isn't a really rapid loss of NS in my opinion at all.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1343302410' post='3015714']
Iamthey's nation lost a similar if not greater amount of NS, 90k to 30k NS if I remember correctly, within 5 days during the DH preempt of NPO. So that isn't a really rapid loss of NS in my opinion at all.
[/quote]Funny.. one so clueless to what is actually happening. Have you seen the battle reports? He essentially turtled for 2 weeks and just bought enough infra to keep him out of range of our larger nations. If he was the "Tough Guy" he thinks he is, he would buy up and get back into range of our upper tier. Isn't that the Umbrellian line whenever you fight an AA that puts their upper tier into peace mode?

Edited by Panic King

[quote name='Panic King' timestamp='1343309283' post='3015739']
Funny.. one so clueless to what is actually happening. Have you seen the battle reports? He essentially turtled for 2 weeks and just bought enough infra to keep him out of range of our larger nations. If he was the "Tough Guy" he thinks he is, he would by up and get back into range of our upper tier. Isn't that the Umbrellian line whenever you fight an AA that puts their upper tier into peace mode?
[/quote]
Buying up to get in range of your upper tier would deplete his money pointlessly, as he would be getting in range to be hit by stronger nukes as he loses more expensive infrastructure. The smart thing for him to do is keep buying up to around 1k-1.5k infra, so he barely wastes any money on infra and what infra he does lose is really cheap to replace. As long as he can keep rebuying to nuke range, he can stay in the fight as long as necessary.

You can call him a coward for not wasting all his money and giving you guys an easier time destroying him, but as long as he isn't hiding in peace mode long term trying to portray him as a coward just makes you guys look like all you have left to resort to is baseless insults. While it was wrong for him to attack you guys unprovoked, the Libertarian Church believes forgiveness is a good virtue and if you let your grudges consume you, its yourself you're hurting the most in the end. GPA turned the other cheek and let bygones be gone, what will you guys do? An eye for an eye? Nuke for a nuke? When will it be even?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1343295430' post='3015690']

[/quote]

Meh, you really think my nation matters to me. Tricked, nah not really. I laid everything out for you in PM mate. So when I hit you, I knew what I was in for. You aren't nearly as smart or manipulative as you think. You talk a lot though. seriously, an awful lot. Multiple PMs from you every day for a week. You are obsessed with me, not the other way around. Anyways, I am done with this thread.