Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1347994537' post='3031493']
Your nation is what, 4k ns with a full wonder/improv set. It would be a miracle for you to not be fighting better.
It's really not that difficult.[/quote]

My opponents have more infra, more tech and more nukes. I am not at an advantage here, in fact I lose in every area except warchest size. Wonders don't make up for my disadvantages, there have been many frustrating days where I couldn't even land a nuke (sometimes multiple days in a row) and the pentagon isn't anything to write home about either. I have a moon colony, but it doesn't help that much when your enemies have 2-5x your infra. What's amazing is I'm not just fighting a bit better despite my handicap, but a lot better. Just scored another 7/7 ground attacks while I'm pretty sure I won't get any in return today. They don't coordinate at all and they nuke at the worst possible times so almost all of their attacks fail.

[quote]
To be honest, I think it was methrage but actions like his and this were one of the few instances where I'd support removal of wonders. You're chasing younger nations from the game by exploiting game mechanics and instead of letting you walk away Polaris is set on you at least being reduced of the capacity to do such a heinous thing to them or others for your own selfish reasons in the near future.[/quote]

They're keeping me at war and *I'm* chasing people away? Get out. I'm no longer fighting them by choice, so whoever is chased away is not my responsibility.

[quote]
I don't think asking you to pay a small fraction of the amount of damage you've done let alone compensate for the amount of time these nations could have had been collecting gains in a larger bracket as steep considering your motives is anything but a pittance.
[/quote]

All damage they have received over the months is entirely their fault for not accepting white peace. There has always been a way out from day 1. They knew full well they only had two options: white peace or more than a year of war, and they picked the latter.

Edited by Viluin

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1347978151' post='3031440']
You don't deserve white peace.

[/quote]
you attacked them first, they are much bigger than you and have many more nations, they are the victors in this no matter how much spin you wish to put on it, agree to their terms, or acknowledge you will be at war until they decide otherwise, I'm failing to grasp why you believe you should be treated special, I've gone rogue numerous time and I accept the consequences of my actions whenever I do.(Admittedly, I'm a much better attention whore than you so I don't usually get terms, but I also go rogue beginning at the sub10k range, not the 70k range where it actually costs something to rebuild.)

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1347998846' post='3031506']
but I also go rogue beginning at the sub10k range, not the 70k range where it actually costs something to rebuild.)
[/quote]

It might interest you to know that, when I first declared war on the NpO, I only performed two ground attacks and launched two cruise missiles. Then I sent a peace offer and did nothing for days. They wanted 2000 tech and $90 million (from one nation!) for these minimal attacks and that's why we're still fighting today.

They are the ones who blew this way out of proportion and caused all this destruction, that's why I should get white peace.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1347999018' post='3031508']
So your opponents don't coordinate and most of their attacks are fail, but you still lose everywhere on the battlefield.

I'd just quit now if I was you, even when you have the advantage you stink.
[/quote]

I never said I lose everywhere on the battlefield, I said I have most of the disadvantages in this war.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1347999438' post='3031510']

[/quote]

I lose in every *area* except warchest size, meaning they are better than me in those areas, such as GA strength, airplanes, nukes, tech etc. I'm definitely not losing on the battlefield though, thanks to their incompetence. The majority of my opponents have stopped GAing me and the ones that still try almost always fail due to their terrible strategy.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1347999009' post='3031507']
It might interest you to know that, when I first declared war on the NpO, I only performed two ground attacks and launched two cruise missiles. Then I sent a peace offer and did nothing for days. They wanted 2000 tech and $90 million (from one nation!) for these minimal attacks and that's why we're still fighting today.

They are the ones who blew this way out of proportion and caused all this destruction, that's why I should get white peace.
[/quote]
it doesn't interest me to know that, I paid Pacifica 15mil for nuking a sub5k ns nation, when you are bigger, you get to demand whatever you want, and when you are the smaller party, you either accept the terms they give, or continue to war, what makes you a unique special snowflake they should treat any differently than any other rogue?

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1347999935' post='3031513']
it doesn't interest me to know that, I paid Pacifica 15mil for nuking a sub5k ns nation, when you are bigger, you get to demand whatever you want, and when you are the smaller party, you either accept the terms they give, or continue to war, what makes you a unique special snowflake they should treat any differently than any other rogue?
[/quote]

Money has little value and $15 mil is only 5 aid slots. Sending away 2000 tech is devastating. Not only does it cost 2000 tech, but you also lose out on 40 aid slots of tech deals. The reparations they demanded were absolutely unacceptable for what happened, the damage was virtually non-existent, and until they accept responsibility for that and grant white peace we will indeed remain at war. They have only themselves to thank for it.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1348000161' post='3031514']
Money has little value and $15 mil is only 5 aid slots. Sending away 2000 tech is devastating. Not only does it cost 2000 tech, but you also lose out on 40 aid slots of tech deals. The reparations they demanded were absolutely unacceptable for what happened, the damage was virtually non-existent, and until they accept responsibility for that and grant white peace we will indeed remain at war. They have only themselves to thank for it.
[/quote]

Maybe you should have thought about that before destroying thousands of tech that innocent Polaris nations bought.

But honestly I can't even take you seriously because there is no possible way you believe you are actually right and are likely just looking for responses.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1348000617' post='3031515']
Maybe you should have thought about that before destroying thousands of tech that innocent Polaris nations bought.
[/quote]

Uh, that's the point, I [i]did[/i] think about that before I destroyed thousands of their tech. Learn to read? When they demanded those reps I had only destroyed like 100 infra and barely any tech.

If they had gone the same route as Legion and only asked for 1 or a handful of aid slots this would've been avoided.

Edited by Viluin

You're being intentionally dishonest:

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340028401' post='2987625']
It's what he could have paid in six months if he had elected to go with monetary reps only. He could have also converted half of it in tech (at the very generous - I believe - conversion rate of $4,500,000 for 50 tech), and have it paid in three months (90 days).

Expanding a bit on the situation, here's the resume of what happened:
[list][*]Viluin went rogue on two GPA nations, with ~15k and ~17k infra respectively. The damages he quickly caused were worth hundreds of millions.[*]As we have a policy of "you pay twice" and another policy of "we won't hold you as POW for more than six months", I quickly informed him about what he would have had to pay if he decided to surrender. In the meanwhile we started to counter him.[*]Viluin quickly moved from [i]"I have billions saved you'd better let me go I can fight until 2014 and wipe the floor with your low tiers I am the bestest ahr ahr"[/i] to [i]"I have this clever plan to involve someone else to have them annoyed at the GPA that fills my defensive slots with incapable fighters that push buttons at random"[/i] to [i]"OMG they can actually fight I couldn't have imagined"[/i] and eventually to [i]"darn how it is that they didn't bend to my threats now what will I do I am the cleverest!!!111"[/i].[*]The NpO asked him reps as well and Viluin started to blame us because we would have been strong-arming him to pay them too. I actually asked him whether he wanted that we worked with the NpO on some common set of terms, or he preferred to handle each conflict separately. He did this last and he obtained what he calls an horrible deal. Basically: he blames us for his incompetence at negotiating with them.[*]Viluin finally accepted our terms and was allowed to peace out his active wars with us. He then fled to Peace Mode at the first occasion and openly told us that he "had" to trick us to get away from Polaris.[*]I am his GPA negotiator and I currently consider his word worthless, I think for very good reason. His next steps were to blown up his secret trades out of ignorance (that's not a guilt: we are all ignorant of something) and this thread. I don't see him going places, but who [s]not?[/s] knows?[/list]
[/quote]

[quote name='Mompson' timestamp='1340032880' post='2987681']
You rouge us.
You threaten us.
You become a GPA PoW.
You pay one round of agreed reps.
You run to PM.
You spy 5-10 nations of ours over a period of a few days.
You whine when you lose your trades.
You're whine that we're going to do something about it.

We're waiting buddy.
[/quote]

You're a liar and dishonest.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1348001293' post='3031519']
You're being intentionally dishonest:

You're a liar and dishonest.
[/quote]

They demanded ridiculous reps for a tiny amount of damage, I was never going to pay that, and I had run out of nukes (all of which found GPA targets, by the way, NpO was pretty much unscathed). I did the smartest thing for self-preservation and lied to get to peace mode so I could recover for another round. Nothing I said just now is untrue, what you quoted all happened afterwards, and it happened because of their demands.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1348004598' post='3031550']
Can we please stop feeding this thread, the interest makes Viluin think he has a case. -.-
[/quote]

Them offering white peace, the deal being made and publicly acknowledged, and them subsequently going back on their word even though [i]they[/i] attacked first after negotiations is not a case? They're the ones who have no case. They violated their own peace treaty and then withdrew it because hostilities had resumed (you don't say?!). It's the weakest excuse I've ever seen and the fact that no one here seems to care indicates how biased you are in this discussion. It's sad that Polaris needs others to defend it here.

Of course, the real reason for withdrawing the peace treaty was internal disdain, which means it was equally unjustified because the deal had already been made. They are the ones responsible for the war right now, they are the aggressors.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1348044443' post='3031746']
Them offering white peace, the deal being made and publicly acknowledged, and them subsequently going back on their word even though [i]they[/i] attacked first after negotiations is not a case? They're the ones who have no case. They violated their own peace treaty and then withdrew it because hostilities had resumed (you don't say?!). It's the weakest excuse I've ever seen and the fact that no one here seems to care indicates how biased you are in this discussion. It's sad that Polaris needs others to defend it here.

Of course, the real reason for withdrawing the peace treaty was internal disdain, which means it was equally unjustified because the deal had already been made. They are the ones responsible for the war right now, they are the aggressors.
[/quote]

um no that is just untrue
as much as i and others complained about your white peace that is not the reason we are still at war
you attacked ME after you made a peace agreement you said you did it because you didnt want me to get the upper hand on you , you actually admitted it in this thread (im not looking for it)
and now they told you they wanted 2000 tech and you refuse pfft dude you lost over 9000 this war and all your aid spots have been filled anyway with you giving umbrella your tech you should have got out when you could i honestly hope you never give up i really cant wait until you are a worthless nation o wait you already are i meant to say a nation with no money.
you really offer nothing to BOB and it pleases me that everyone can see through your BS ...
again to the public sorry for posting but Vils stupidity just drives me to it ...

Edited by greco

[quote name='greco' timestamp='1348069207' post='3031846']
um no that is just untrue
as much as i and others complained about your white peace that is not the reason we are still at war
you attacked ME after you made a peace agreement you said you did it because you didnt want me to get the upper hand on you , you actually admitted it in this thread (im not looking for it)
and now they told you they wanted 2000 tech and you refuse pfft dude you lost over 9000 this war and all your aid spots have been filled anyway with you giving umbrella your tech you should have got out when you could i honestly hope you never give up i really cant wait until you are a worthless nation o wait you already are i meant to say a nation with no money.
you really offer nothing to BOB and it pleases me that everyone can see through your BS ...
again to the public sorry for posting but Vils stupidity just drives me to it ...
[/quote]

:wacko: There was literally a discussion in this thread about me [i]retaliating[/i] against your attacks and that being the reason white peace was off the table after the deal was made. You are the one who attacked me after white peace was made and when I fought back you used it as an excuse to keep the war going. Don't deny it again or I [i]will[/i] dig through this thread to humiliate you.

And please learn to type, your posts cause me physical pain. I made better posts than you when I was 11.

EDIT: After re-reading your chaotic alphabet soup I realised you accused me of attacking you after the [b]peace deal[/b] because I didn't want you to get the upper hand in war. Do you know how retarded that sounds? When you tell lies at least make sure they make sense.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1348071901' post='3031855']

And please learn to type, your posts cause me physical pain. I made better posts than you when I was 11.

[/quote]

You do realize there are people who play this game where English is not their first language? So please flaunt at how great your english skills are and continue to get stomped by Polar. You should also head on over to STA. It isnt fair that Polar gets war training for their lower ranks all for themselves.

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1348467184' post='3033596']
You do realize there are people who play this game where English is not their first language? So please flaunt at how great your english skills are and continue to get stomped by Polar. You should also head on over to STA. It isnt fair that Polar gets war training for their lower ranks all for themselves.

-omfg
[/quote]

I would like to know what language it is where they don't form proper sentences or paragraphs and where there's no punctuation. English isn't my first language either and I'm sure you can tell from my posts if you look for it, but I don't spew out alphabet soup.

I think I did rogue STA at the start of all this, along with Sparta, Legion, GPA and Umbrella? Or maybe I just threatened to, I forgot. You were definitely on my hitlist though.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1348481726' post='3033627']
you've yet to answer me on why you should be treated any differently than any other rogue.
[/quote]

Because nobody benefits from the current situation? We're not even fighting over anything, we're just fighting for the sake of fighting. If I don't get white peace, what's gonna happen is I will fight until my moon colony expires and quit. That's a long time to fight a rogue and quite frankly I believe both parties are getting tired of it.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1348485971' post='3033631']
you're fighting because you wont agree to their terms, and you went rogue on them, how do you not understand that you instigated this?
[/quote]

Exactly: I won't agree to pay reps and never will, so there's no point in continuing the fight. The only solution that doesn't involve everyone losing is white peace and trying to e-lawyer here about who started what and who continued it (this would've ended ages ago had they not backed out of their own peace deal) doesn't help anyone. My nation is a pile of crap after losing 14k infra and 9k tech and I am tying up a great deal of their nations and aid slots, not to mention all the damage I cause with every war I declare, this situation sucks for everyone.

Edited by Viluin