Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

[quote name='EaTeMuP' timestamp='1341731622' post='3006554']
You are right. I know nothing about Gov't types, guides, or nation building. I guess I should give up now. Good day.
[/quote]

I personally wrote the best war guide I've ever seen in this game around 2 years ago. Would you like me to send it to you? I still have it somewhere. Think of it as compensation for the disproportional amount of damage I'm going to cause. It weighs heavily on my conscience. :(

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is surprisingly amusing to read. Gonna weigh in on a few topics...

First off, you spout big words about your amazing warchest. If I recall you started with a 6 billion warchest, and are now down to 4 billion after not too long. Clearly your strategy for war is solid.

On the topic of strategy, you seem to believe you have one. Waiting (and asking) for people to attack you and then dealing with them as they come isn't a strategy. It's a basic instinct.

Finally, you think we won't have the will to see this through. Excuse me while I hold my laughter for a bit. You just saw the commitment of everyone who's already fought you in this thread. Like wredfar said, there's a very long line waiting to get to you. You'd be surprised how good we are at war. How good we are at fighting extended wars. How [b]great[/b] we are at destroying pesky little rogues like you.

Prepare yourself for the beating of a lifetime.

[quote name='Vindicator' timestamp='1341743093' post='3006594']
First off, you spout big words about your amazing warchest. If I recall you started with a 6 billion warchest, and are now down to 4 billion after not too long. Clearly your strategy for war is solid.[/quote]

:facepalm: I destroyed 1.5 billion of it on purpose.

[quote]
Finally, you think we won't have the will to see this through. Excuse me while I hold my laughter for a bit. You just saw the commitment of everyone who's already fought you in this thread. Like wredfar said, there's a very long line waiting to get to you. You'd be surprised how good we are at war. How good we are at fighting extended wars. How [b]great[/b] we are at destroying pesky little rogues like you.

Prepare yourself for the beating of a lifetime.
[/quote]

Oh my god, this can't be for real. Everyone here has already seen that you are everything but good at war, sorry. Numbers don't lie. I'm also pretty sure most of you haven't fought an extended war. You have no idea what it's like to chip away at a warchest instead of at a nation. Hint: It's not fun.

If I knew how to make a giant facepalm comprised of smaller facepalm smileys, then I would.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1341722556' post='3006474']
Hi Doch. Don't screw up the stagger now :P
[/quote]

No problem. Once this war is over with, or I get truly bored with VE, I will hit this dude.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341729690' post='3006535']
No they won't, no one but poor old delusional you will be willing to help them with this.
[/quote]

You are a tech raid target. People love those. Not to mention, people love casualties. So I am certain if they asked around, they would find some others. As for me, I am not delusional. I love war and would love to hit a loudmouth braggart such as yourself.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1341750553' post='3006616']
No problem. Once this war is over with, or I get truly bored with VE, I will hit this dude.

You are a tech raid target. People love those. Not to mention, people love casualties. So I am certain if they asked around, they would find some others. As for me, I am not delusional. I love war and would love to hit a loudmouth braggart such as yourself.
[/quote]

[quote]Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Viluin. Your fallout shelters have limited the damage caused by this attack. You lost 33809 soldiers, 3271 defending tanks, 22 cruise missiles, 286.341 miles of land, [b]157.030 technology[/b], 471.090 infrastructure, 50% of your aircraft, and 18% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience several days of economic devastation. [/quote]

Doesn't look like there's much tech to gain. I assure you, I could sit on None in war mode and *no one* would raid me. Go ahead, attack me. If more than one nation attacks me, the second guy is going to receive 10x more damage than he dishes out. Please, declare war on me. I beg you. It will end with you destroying 500 of my infra the entire week, which is worth around $1 million, and in exchange you will catch a few nukes.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341753000' post='3006627']
Doesn't look like there's much tech to gain. I assure you, I could sit on None in war mode and *no one* would raid me. Go ahead, attack me. If more than one nation attacks me, the second guy is going to receive 10x more damage than he dishes out. Please, declare war on me. I beg you. It will end with you destroying 500 of my infra the entire week, which is worth around $1 million, and in exchange you will catch a few nukes.
[/quote]

You act as if I have never warred before... It is amusing.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1341754536' post='3006634']
You act as if I have never warred before... It is amusing.
[/quote]

Let's see... low infrastructure, no moon/mars colony, and a lack of economic wonders so probably a low warchest too. Bring it on, you are no threat to my nation whatsoever. At least high-infra nations can GA me to reduce my warchest. You also have more than 1000 land in growth, which means I get to use battle support on you forever after decimating your navy (I bet mine is a lot stronger than yours, I still have all my high-level ships from when I had 14k infra, that's why NpO couldn't beat it). Be sure to check with your alliance though, they may not like the idea of having to deal with me in the future.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1341756988' post='3006645']
Doc's an old $%^&@#... you are pretty clueless
[/quote]

I have way more war experience than him, or anyone else posting in this thread for that matter. You can tell from the ratio of attacking:defending casualties he has that his wars were easier too (or he turtled at some point).

A nice little story before this thread (hopefully) gets locked..

I was in NPO during the Karma war. I only had $500 million, which lasted me the entire war (2.5 months in my case). 75% of that money was spent during the first two weeks, the next two months were cheap and indeed there were often days where I [i]gained[/i] money. I fought 40-50 different nations in that time, which is an average of 4+ wars per week. Yes, I declared plenty of offensive wars even though NPO was being curb stomped.

Now do you see where my confidence comes from? The Karma coalition couldn't beat me, and NpO sure can't.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341757096' post='3006647']
I was in NPO during the Karma war. I only had $500 million, which lasted me the entire war (2.5 months in my case).

Now do you see where my confidence comes from? The Karma coalition couldn't beat me, and NpO sure can't.[/quote]

The Karma war was 3 calender months, so you was a deserting surrender monkey then?

Or

We best bow down to this god who defeated all of the Karma alliances put together...

I want whatever you're taking. :)

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1341758576' post='3006657']
The Karma war was 3 calender months, so you was a deserting surrender monkey then?

Or

We best bow down to this god who defeated all of the Karma alliances put together...

I want whatever you're taking. :)
[/quote]

They put me in peace mode for the first two weeks. Sucker. When I came out of peace mode there were very few pacificans to fight with me and they made me declare two offensive wars, it was quite brutal at first but after round #2 I was no longer an underdog.

There were many periods of time where I had no defensive wars at all, I'd say almost half of the wars I fought were actually declared by me because there wasn't anyone in the entire Karma coalition that was willing to attack me. I already had a WRC back then.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341758740' post='3006659']
They put me in peace mode for the first two weeks. Sucker. When I came out of peace mode there were very few pacificans to fight with me, it was quite brutal.[/quote]

So you was still technically in the war, you made it sound like you left. I'm still interested how you didn't get "beat" personally, did you carry on the war solo until you received white peace from Karma? Or are you just talking fluff because it sounds good chest pumping.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1341759115' post='3006662']
So you was still technically in the war, you made it sound like you left. I'm still interested how you didn't get "beat" personally, did you carry on the war solo until you received white peace from Karma? Or are you just talking fluff because it sounds good chest pumping.
[/quote]

Like I said, very few people dared declare war on me after round 2, and the ones that did were reduced to a pile of ashes while I took almost no damage. I left NPO right after the Karma war without paying reps. The reason being that I wanted to leave well before the Karma war even happened, but they wouldn't let me because they were technically at war with a stupid micro alliance that had no one in my range and it would be "desertion", punishable by ZI. Despite this I stuck through the war.

EDIT: that's not true, people didn't stop declaring on me en masse after round 4-5 or so. But the end result was that I was pretty much immortal. History will repeat itself.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341759271' post='3006664']
Like I said, very few people dared declare war on me after round 2, and the ones that did were reduced to a pile of ashes while I took almost no damage.[/quote]

That is not answering the question, did you cease fighting when NPO got peace? If so you did get "beat" with the rest of them.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1341759466' post='3006666']
That is not answering the question, did you cease fighting when NPO got peace? If so you did get "beat" with the rest of them.
[/quote]

If that makes you feel better. :rolleyes: Good thing there's no NPO to get peace and take me out of the war this time, right?

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341759607' post='3006670']
If that makes you feel better. :rolleyes: Good thing there's no NPO to get peace and take me out of the war this time, right?[/quote]

But if you was so "immortal" you would carry on the war :rolleyes:

Will be looking forward to this topic in 6 months when you got no tech :)

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1341759916' post='3006676']
But if you was so "immortal" you would carry on the war :rolleyes:

Will be looking forward to this topic in 6 months when you got no tech :)
[/quote]

When I have low tech (<2000), my golden age actually [i]begins[/i]. I'm the one who is looking forward to that.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341755811' post='3006637']
Let's see... low infrastructure, no moon/mars colony, and a lack of economic wonders so probably a low warchest too. Bring it on, you are no threat to my nation whatsoever. At least high-infra nations can GA me to reduce my warchest. You also have more than 1000 land in growth, which means I get to use battle support on you forever after decimating your navy (I bet mine is a lot stronger than yours, I still have all my high-level ships from when I had 14k infra, that's why NpO couldn't beat it). Be sure to check with your alliance though, they may not like the idea of having to deal with me in the future.
[/quote]

Hrmm... Let me see how I can disabuse you of your high-falutin fancies:

1) Low-Infra: I am at war and just got done fighting 3 nations. Though with you only buying 1k infra at a time, it won't be too bad. As for your moon wonder, those have an expiration date. Once yours is gone, you huge advantage in citizens drops tremendously.
2) Econ Wonders: You have a whopping 4 more than me including your moon wonders. Whoopdie-friggin-do. Now, unlike you, I will get to leave the war at the end of the round and wait to get out of nuclear anarchy in order to collect. Allowing me a full collection. You though, will be forced to collect in nuclear anarchy leaving you collecting a much smaller amount.
3) Navy: Yup, you have no clue what you are talking about. You do realize that everyone gets the same ships correct? Currently, you have 45 ships, I have 50.
4) Land: If your navy survives. Though given the amount of nukes you will take between now and the time I can join in, you will probably have less ships. Not to mention, again, I am at war currently which means who knows where my land will be once it is done. Though having more land is not a bad thing. More land means better spy defense.
5) Casualties: 2,518,273 Attacking + 3,918,324 Defending = 6,436,597 Casualties Mine 3,900,420 Attacking + 7,070,394 Defending = 10,970,814 Casualties Yours
Now where do you see the fact that I turtled? You do realize that unlike you I have fought in every major war since 2006. My nation has only just breached 80k NS right before this war began. I have never been above 9k infra. But please keep thinking you know far more about how to war than I do. I have taken over 100 nukes in my time in CN but never been ZIed (unfortunatly :( ). As for doing damage to you, I am fairly certain that I can and will do a ton more than what you believe I will do. Again, I will admit it is dependent on what NS I am and what NS you are once I am done warring TIO.

At least you can't try to claim that I am some sort of fresh nation hitting you. I have warred 3 nations so far, and once out of nuclear anarchy, I will war some more.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1341760114' post='3006679']

1) Low-Infra: I am at war and just got done fighting 3 nations. Though with you only buying 1k infra at a time, it won't be too bad. As for your moon wonder, those have an expiration date. Once yours is gone, you huge advantage in citizens drops tremendously.[/quote]

My Moon Colony has 400 days left. I made sure to buy one right before I went rogue, I'm not stupid. If you last 400 days, I will applaud you.

[quote]
2) Econ Wonders: You have a whopping 4 more than me including your moon wonders. Whoopdie-friggin-do. Now, unlike you, I will get to leave the war at the end of the round and wait to get out of nuclear anarchy in order to collect. Allowing me a full collection. You though, will be forced to collect in nuclear anarchy leaving you collecting a much smaller amount.[/quote]

A full collection at 1k infra with guerrilla camps isn't much. :lol1: Also, I can force you to collect in (regular) anarchy.

[quote]
3) Navy: Yup, you have no clue what you are talking about. You do realize that everyone gets the same ships correct? Currently, you have 45 ships, I have 50.[/quote]

Omg, how does a nation as old as yours with your casualty count still not know this? I have more of some important ships than you do, here:

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2lnk03t.jpg[/img]

You also probably have no clue how to take out a navy effectively, so even if yours is a little stronger, it won't be for long. My tech also strengthens my navy. You definitely won't be able to destroy mine, the best you can hope for is defense.

[quote]
4) Land: If your navy survives. Though given the amount of nukes you will take between now and the time I can join in, you will probably have less ships. Not to mention, again, I am at war currently which means who knows where my land will be once it is done. Though having more land is not a bad thing. More land means better spy defense. [/quote]

Doesn't matter what happens to your land, you will always have more than 1000 which means battle support.

[quote]
5) Casualties: 2,518,273 Attacking + 3,918,324 Defending = 6,436,597 Casualties Mine 3,900,420 Attacking + 7,070,394 Defending = 10,970,814 Casualties Yours
Now where do you see the fact that I turtled? You do realize that unlike you I have fought in every major war since 2006. My nation has only just breached 80k NS right before this war began. I have never been above 9k infra. But please keep thinking you know far more about how to war than I do. I have taken over 100 nukes in my time in CN but never been ZIed (unfortunatly :( ). As for doing damage to you, I am fairly certain that I can and will do a ton more than what you believe I will do. Again, I will admit it is dependent on what NS I am and what NS you are once I am done warring TIO.[/quote]

You have 50% more defending casualties than attacking casualties, I have 75% more. I've never fought a war where I stopped GAing, so for some reason you've been taking less defensive casualties than I have. This means you were turtling at some point, or your enemies were. Either that, or I'm simply better at actively defending my nation than you are. I've also taken way more nukes than you, around 150 and counting, without ever being ZI'd (unless you count me selling my infra today).

Bottom line is you are outclassed, and you'd be a fool to pick a fight with me. Not as foolish as NpO though, I will admit that.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1341765341' post='3006724']
The arguments in this thread are like watching a couple of cripples duke it out.
[/quote]

Best to stop posting, he doesn't realise that over enough time he WILL run out of money while NpO and its allys can filter single nations in and out to nuke him every single day. Spreading damage over multiple opponents over 1 round is really nothing to brag about, in fact its pretty negliable. If we weren't currently at war, i'd be first to sign up to hit this guy. 7 nukes really won't bother me, i'd be happy for the casualties.

[quote name='kolsara' timestamp='1341773641' post='3006795']
Best to stop posting, he doesn't realise that over enough time he WILL run out of money while NpO and its allys can filter single nations in and out to nuke him every single day. Spreading damage over multiple opponents over 1 round is really nothing to brag about, in fact its pretty negliable. If we weren't currently at war, i'd be first to sign up to hit this guy. 7 nukes really won't bother me, i'd be happy for the casualties.
[/quote]

You know what's even more negligible than me spreading out damage over multiple opponents? The damage they will do to me. All three of them. My CMs alone will cause far more monetary damage than their entire salvo of attacks for the day.

Looking at your nation, you should have realized by now that large warchest + many wonders = never run out of money.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341774984' post='3006814']
You know what's even more negligible than me spreading out damage over multiple opponents? The damage they will do to me. All three of them. My CMs alone will cause far more monetary damage than their entire salvo of attacks for the day.

Looking at your nation, you should have realized by now that large warchest + many wonders = never run out of money.
[/quote]

Aye it will take you a long time to run out of cash if you're spending money correctly but if they are running spy ops efficiently it shouldn't be THAT long, also i imagine that as your tech goes down your nukes must be getting worse and worse. As far as what you said about scaring off polar recruits, polar would be choosing the targets they send against you so surely they won't send anyone who doesn't know what they are getting into?

And from your experience you must realise that one week of war means nothing to most nations regardless of size, while you say they will find it frustrating going against you, i'd suggest that its much more frustrating for you knowing that you're not really doing anything to polar either except stunting the growth of 1 nation a week, as grub said most damage can be rebuilt in 1 backcollect.

Edited by kolsara