Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340063797' post='2988082']
I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Sending money to Umbrella and disrupting their tech throughput is like the worst thing you can do to them.
[/quote]not if it is $2.4 billion worth of tech

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1340067529' post='2988113']
not if it is $2.4 billion worth of tech
[/quote]

At a generous rate of $4.5m / 50 tech, that's only 26666.666666667 tech, which can be paid in less than 2.5 years! I guess any deal sounds better when you word it like that.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340068490' post='2988121']
At a generous rate of $4.5m / 50 tech, that's only 26666.666666667 tech, which can be paid in less than 2.5 years! I guess any deal sounds better when you word it like that.
[/quote]

Whatever your point is, you are the one that went rogue. So you asked them to dance...dont be mad if they dont want to stop.

I hope you find a good solution to all parts.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340068490' post='2988121']
[/quote]
nvm

Edited by nerolocutus

Wow. I am glad I war enough to stay under 100k. I'd hate to care about my nation as much as this guy.

Before this thread, I'm sure a lot of alliances would have accepted you and waved off GPA/NpO. Not anymore. Your only options are to fight them until they lose interest, or pay the reps. That's all there is to it now brother. No need for any more discussion, it's not helping.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1340069582' post='2988138']
Wow. I am glad I war enough to stay under 100k. I'd hate to care about my nation as much as this guy.

Before this thread, I'm sure a lot of alliances would have accepted you and waved off GPA/NpO. Not anymore. Your only options are to fight them until they lose interest, or pay the reps. That's all there is to it now brother. No need for any more discussion, it's not helping.
[/quote]

This thread has actually helped me tremendously so far (not that it could get any worse), but you are entitled to your opinion.

All peace talks were dead and I was on the brink of deletion before this.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340024816' post='2987574']
PS: I have 6 billion dollars, but it seems like a waste of time to fight a solo war for that long.
[/quote]
6b is heaps yo, you could attack them for !@#$@#$ ages lol

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340069675' post='2988140']
This thread has actually helped me tremendously so far (not that it could get any worse), but you are entitled to your opinion.

All peace talks were dead and I was on the brink of deletion before this.
[/quote]

Haha, yeah I can imagine it has made things more interesting for you. I meant helping you to get out of the situation though. You've just entrenched yourself farther.

Viluin firstly your actions gave us something fun to work on together with GPA. They are great folks but being neutrals we rarely have business to conduct, thankyou.

A couple of years ago I helped someone negotiate a solution after they wronged GPA and it was one of the biggest mistake I ever made. His name was Lennox...

My only advice on this and you can take it and use it or burn, I truly don't care. Drop the threats, cease the spying and negotiate in good faith. Come up with a plan to prove your integrity and that you can give you word and follow through with honour. I am quite sure that neither us or GPA will be interested in dragging something on for nine months if you can prove you have some integrity after three.

Right now what you have done in a military sense is very little but the damage you have done to people believing a word you say is enormous. The ball is in your court.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1340074819' post='2988202']

Right now what you have done in a military sense is very little but the damage you have done to people believing a word you say is enormous. The ball is in your court.
[/quote]

Are you saying I hurt your feelings? I don't get it.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340041544' post='2987794']
They don't necessarily want any money from me, they want me to suffer so I won't do it again. Which is funny, because if I decide to go rogue and quit the game in the future, I'm not going to hit some random guy, I'm obviously going to hit the alliances that made me pay massive reperations in the past. They're just planting seeds of hatred with this behavior, which is the exact opposite of what they're trying to achieve.

I'd say white peace will solve everyone's problems.
[/quote]

You [i]earn[/i] white peace, ask Vlad or Zoom how it's done.

Find some sellers and make a deal with them, you send them 3mil and they send GPA 100 tech. You won't be spending as much money as stated above, downside is your still locked up for 3 months. That's what happens when you rouge though. ^_^

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1340087378' post='2988645']
I believe in terms of war.

It would be easier to let you go instead if you continued to war them. It would cost them a lot more than being done with it all.
[/quote]

Why does everyone expect me to fight until I've reached a point where my nation is unstoppable, [i]then[/i] peace out? That's a little late, and there's no way I would let an alliance destroy all the expensive parts of my nation and peace out when the fights begin to favor me instead. The weaker I get, the stronger my relative strength becomes, and after the several months of war people mentioned here I would have no interest in rebuilding my nation, it would take too long to recover the lost tech and money. If I lose another 50k nation strength and a billion dollars I'm never stopping, I've made this clear many times in the past. There is a point of no return and luckily we haven't passed it yet.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340091208' post='2988688']
Why does everyone expect me to fight until I've reached a point where my nation is unstoppable, [i]then[/i] peace out? That's a little late, and there's no way I would let an alliance destroy all the expensive parts of my nation and get away with it. The weaker I get, the stronger my relative strength becomes, and after the several months of war people mentioned here I would have no interest in rebuilding my nation. If I lose another 50k nation strength and a billion dollars I'm never stopping, I've made this clear many times in the past. There is a point of no return and luckily we haven't passed it yet.
[/quote]

If you don't want to do that, you can sit in peace mode forever. You're being extremely obtuse. Your nation is losing value the longer you keep it. You might as well cash in now and do some serious damage to your enemies. You really only have two options, fight until your warchest runs out or pay reps and be a terrible stat-hugger.

Point of no return? Well, let's see. You crossed the first line when you decided to rogue. You crossed the second line when you violated the terms of your agreement with GPA. You crossed the third line when you posted this attention-mongering thread. At this point, it's sink or swim. You can cross the last line and win the Special Olympics by leaving Peacemode to tear your enemies a new one. Make me proud, son.

[quote name='Expletive Deleted' timestamp='1340092762' post='2988694']
If you don't want to do that, you can sit in peace mode forever. You're being extremely obtuse. Your nation is losing value the longer you keep it. You might as well cash in now and do some serious damage to your enemies. You really only have two options, fight until your warchest runs out or pay reps and be a terrible stat-hugger.

Point of no return? Well, let's see. You crossed the first line when you decided to rogue. You crossed the second line when you violated the terms of your agreement with GPA. You crossed the third line when you posted this attention-mongering thread. At this point, it's sink or swim. You can cross the last line and win the Special Olympics by leaving Peacemode to tear your enemies a new one. Make me proud, son.
[/quote]

Of course I'm not going to sit in peace mode forever. I am making preparations to come out and fight as we speak, but I'd prefer to resolve this conflict before that happens because it would benefit all parties involved.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340093931' post='2988698']Of course I'm not going to sit in peace mode forever. I am making preparations to come out and fight as we speak, but I'd prefer to resolve this conflict before that happens because it would benefit all parties involved.[/quote]
You don't have notify on in your IRC client, do you? It's hard to grab your attention there... <_<

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340094120' post='2988699']
You don't have notify on in your IRC client, do you? It's hard to grab your attention there... <_<
[/quote]

It doesn't make a sound, the only thing that happens is two tiny blue dots light up. <_<

We reached an agreement that both Viluin and the GPA find acceptable. The content is as follows:

[quote][list=1][*]As first thing, from peace mode, Viluin buys one thousand, one hundred and fifteen (1,115) tech levels directly with his nation, thus reaching 8,919.241 levels. That should cost him around 1.504 billions, and it will put him and the GPA officially at peace. Should 1.5 billions not be enough to buy the 1,115 tech levels, he'll be allowed to stop buying. In that case he'll switch his Threat level to "Low" and he'll notify the GPA, which will have his in-game treasury checked via a gather intelligence spy operation.
[*]Viluin will send three (3) $4,500,000 + 25 tech Aid Offers to three GPA nations of GPA choice. He'll mark them as "Reps for my lies".
[*]The New Polar Order agreed to let Viluin go with white peace in case he followed a similar set of terms. As these terms were later negotiated at Viluin's request, and amended, it will be up to the NpO to either confirm or deny white peace with him.
[*]Viluin acknowledges that we partially met his demands and needs, by giving up reparations for his previous attacks and by providing him with a way to quickly get free from obligations.
[*]In case he reneges on this agreement or, at any point in the future, he attacks/harms the GPA in any way (including but not limited to attacking us military or with spy operations, intentionally/maliciously aiding our enemies and similar), also considering Term number 4 and his repeated promises that he doesn't want to fight us anymore, he will be subject to a resumption of the hostilities; he realizes that, to then get free in that scenario, we will demand that he invests his treasury (as in #1) until he's left with just one hundred millions ($100,000,000).
[*]Term number 5 isn't meant to restrict Viluin's unconditional right to criticize the GPA, which we recognize and respect; it doesn't affect the possibility that Viluin can legitimately fight against the GPA in any regular conflict involving us and any other alliance affiliation he might belong to, except the cases in which a) he intentionally contributes to provide the "Casus Belli" in any way; b) he attacks us from within a rogue AA; c) he joins our opponents with the only purpose of attacking us.
[*]Viluin acknowledges that he explicitly refused to get the GPA assistance in getting his sanctions removed, and that he explicitly refused to switch to the GPA POW AA. He thus renounces any protection from raiders that the GPA would have granted him.
[*]These terms are meant to clarify the commitment on all sides, not to bind us through loopholes or similar. Any attempt to use against us any loophole in them won't be taken kindly.[/list][/quote]

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340114684' post='2988850']
I would've made him sit in peace mode for perpetuity. This is quite understanding of you, jerdge
[/quote]

I've always said I'd leave peace mode as soon as my trades are sorted. I was actually ready to leave peace mode a few days ago, but my trade circle fell apart at the last second.

As soon as jerdge comes back I will be ready to fulfill my end of the terms.

Edited by Viluin

Viluin has complied with the first term.
As a matter of fact, my calculations were horribly wrong (:facepalm: jerdge) so Viluin ended up with much more tech than expected - which is not an unwelcome unintended result, anyway.

We'll soon have this packed up, when people come on line and we get the three receivers of aid in line for it.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340122313' post='2988916']
Viluin has complied with the first term.
As a matter of fact, my calculations were horribly wrong (:facepalm: jerdge) so Viluin ended up with much more tech than expected - which is not an unwelcome unintended result, anyway.

We'll soon have this packed up, when people come on line and we get the three receivers of aid in line for it.
[/quote]

I must say, I am extremely impressed by GPA for being so kind. Good on them!