Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340034141' post='2987695']You prefer to make sure I won't attack you again, by attacking me for 9 months? What makes you think [b]I[/b] would stop attacking [b]you[/b] after that kind of punishment? Of course I wouldn't, after 9 months (if I don't delete) I would be ready to fight to the death, my nation would be too damaged to try making a comeback in this world. You are [i]creating[/i] the threat, not neutralizing it.[/quote]
Not 9 months, but for as much as it's necessary to remove your capability to do harm. Since we can't take your word, we have to rely on hard facts, sorry.

Also, lest I forget: [i]go get some advice, please[/i].

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340034332' post='2987698']
Not 9 months, but for as much as it's necessary to remove your capability to do harm. Since we can't take your word, we have to rely on hard facts, sorry.

Also, lest I forget: [i]go get some advice, please[/i].
[/quote]

You realize it would take a lot longer than 9 months to "remove my capability to do harm"? You're contradicting yourself.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340034486' post='2987701']
You realize it would take a lot longer than 9 months to "remove my capability to do harm"? You're contradicting yourself.
[/quote]

You removed your own capability to do harm after three days. You're not scaring anyone.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1340034592' post='2987704']
You removed your own capability to do harm after three days. You're not scaring anyone.
[/quote]

Excellent, I guess that means GPA will let me go then?

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340034486' post='2987701']
[/quote]

No, he is saying it is not 9 months, instead it is till such time as they are satisfied you are not a threat anymore.

GPA gov say they ll ZI you. But they members wont waste their money and infra to hit someone who isnt attacking anymore. Thats why your war wont last long. Even if you get complete destroyed you can wait some time at low NS and then rebuild with those 6b

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340034486' post='2987701']You realize it would take a lot longer than 9 months to "remove my capability to do harm"? You're contradicting yourself.[/quote]
I do realize it, and I am not contradicting myself:
[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340033443' post='2987683']Of course, it will be quite a long affair: [b]likely longer than the[/b] 3 or 6 or [b]9 months[/b] you abhorred so much (and you also will come out in a worse shape too).[/quote]

If you're trying to convince me that talking with you is pointless, you're doing a good job. [b][i]Go get some advice.[/i][/b]

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1340034763' post='2987707']
No, he is saying it is not 9 months, instead it is till such time as they are satisfied you are not a threat anymore.
[/quote]

That's not what he said. He said they will attack me until I can't hurt them anymore. Big difference.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340034857' post='2987709']
I do realize it, and I am not contradicting myself:

If you're trying to convince me that talking with you is pointless, you're doing a good job. [b][i]Go get some advice.[/i][/b]
[/quote]

So, you admit you will attack me for well over 9 months. How is that not basically a perma ZI sentence and by what logic is that appropriate punishment for two raids?

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340034860' post='2987710']
That's not what he said. He said they will attack me until I can't hurt them anymore. Big difference.
[/quote]
Umm, if someone attacks you, when do you think they are not a threat anymore? Do you leave them standing about with a loaded gun?

[quote]
So, you admit you will attack me for well over 9 months. How is that not basically a perma ZI sentence?
[/quote]
As he said, till such time as they are satisfied, you are not a threat anymore.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340034860' post='2987710']So, you admit you will attack me for well over 9 months. How is that not basically a perma ZI sentence?[/quote]
Perma ZI is when someone keeps you at ZI no matter what you say, want, implore, propose etc.

When the other party prefers to continue to fight you instead of accepting the very light terms (if any) that evidently you think you deserve - and that you don't even bother to propose, BTW - that's no perma ZI. That's just that you're at war.

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='Commonwealth of John' timestamp='1340035223' post='2987716']
He's posting here simply for attention.

You don't want him in your alliance.
[/quote]

I'm posting here because I raided three nations, and I'm now chased into paying gargantuan reps/endless war/deletion. I thought such practices were frowned upon.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340035240' post='2987717']
Perma ZI is when someone keeps you at ZI no matter what you say, want, implore, propose etc.

When the other party prefers to continue to fight you instead of accepting the very light terms (if any) that evidently you think you deserve - and that you don't even bother to propose, BTW - that's no perma ZI. That's just that you're at war.
[/quote]

So it's not perma-ZI, but you will attack me until I have nothing left, which will take a long, long time (probably over a year). For all intents and purposes, that is perma-ZI.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340035264' post='2987718']
I'm posting here because I raided three nations, and I'm now chased into paying gargantuan reps/endless war/deletion. I thought such practices were frowned upon.
[/quote]

You keep using these words like "gargantuan" and "endless", but I don't think they mean what you think they mean. You're not going to delete, now shut up and pay your reps you coward.

[center][size=4][b][color=fuchsia][font="Comic Sans MS"]Okay, as he doesn't listen to me, is there any good person reading this and wanting to help that good fellow (Viluin) get at least a rough idea of where he is and what he can do about it? I warn you in advance: you'll likely get frustrated, but eventually you'll be happy that you did a good action. I [i]promise[/i].[/font][/color][/b][/size][/center]

For now I am finished with this madness: unless Viluin gets some solid advice we're definitely going nowhere. [i](I also have to go off line etc.)[/i]

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340035930' post='2987733']
[center][size=4][b][color=fuchsia][font="Comic Sans MS"]Okay, as he doesn't listen to me, is there any good person reading this and wanting to help that good fellow (Viluin) get at least a rough idea of where he is and what he can do about it? I warn you in advance: you'll likely get frustrated, but eventually you'll be happy that you did a good action. I [i]promise[/i].[/font][/color][/b][/size][/center]

For now I am finished with this madness: unless Viluin gets some solid advice we're definitely going nowhere. [i](I also have to go off line etc.)[/i]
[/quote]

I have a pretty clear view of the situation. 9 months of reps, war until my nation is spent, or deletion. Three terrible options, but you refuse to give me any others.

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1340036076' post='2987735']
Actually you said you wouldn't stop until your warchest was gone. Does this jog your memory?

[14:12] <Viluin> I can't lose, my warchest will last longer than the game
[/quote]

You threatened to "ZI" me, when I told you I can't really be ZI'd because of all my money, you said you'd keep going until the money's gone.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='ditchboy00' timestamp='1340037453' post='2987751']
you should probably leave. what alliance is going to want you now anyways? you clearly are afraid of war. that leaves you just the neutrals yet you attacked one of them.
[/quote]

You're right, I am ranked #24 in casualties in the game because I'm afraid of war. :awesome:

I'm assuming you've never fought for extended periods of time? It's not as cool as it sounds. After about 3 weeks it becomes a chore to log in and attack daily.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340037688' post='2987757']After about 3 weeks it becomes a chore to log in and attack daily.
[/quote]

So why do you think they will spend 9 months attacking you then...?

[quote name='Diego18' timestamp='1340037793' post='2987758']
[/quote]

Because I am one nation, and they are hundreds. They can spread out the workload.

[quote name='Diego18' timestamp='1340037793' post='2987758']
[/quote]

There is a lot more of them than there is of him? <_<

Look, OP this is why you should never CN while drunk, bored stupid, or both.

You have $6 billion. More than enough to work out something in terms of reparations and still have plenty left over to rebuild from whatever damage you've taken and have a ton of cash left. Man up.

To answer the question in the topic title, there is no reason why you shouldn't quit. Now if you had handled it right you wouldn't have any issues, but you decided to come on here and cry like a little !@#$%* about how the big bad GPA and NpO are keeping you down. What you should have done was go to an alliance that doesn't like GPA/NpO or that likes to shake things up and ask them if they wanted to mess with GPA/NpO, then you would have been out of that mess. But after this? Which self-respecting alliance would accept a guy that rogues GPA and NpO and then when they present you with terms run to the OWF to whine. I mean sure, if you were being kept down by some evil alliance like GOONS or MK, then maybe you could get some sympathy, but you're being kept down by a bunch of neutrals and NpO. Seriously, I'm gonna have to go edit my dictionary and add a link to your nation under pathetic...