Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1341166265' post='3001244']
To be fair, he is $unreasonably~ridiculous. It'll take a long time to push him through that whole cycle.
[/quote]

Fast food can be eaten very fast.. but a tasty dish can be eaten quite slowly and with pleasure... and we are eating every part of it tasting the whole flavor.
No need to rush when the pleasure is chewing each piece with joy.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1341093226' post='3000774']
Why will it be profitable for them Nomercy[s]Sam[/s]?
[/quote]

They can raid his tech & land. This will benefit them. :rolleyes:

Seriously SCY, we all love you.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341177517' post='3001347']
If by pleasure you mean me besting you in every way then yes.
[/quote]
My oh my this thread is getting annoying.

"Hey guys guess what, I caused 6x the damage NpO did to me."
Please, you're fighting six nations which means yes, through CMs alone you do more damage than we do to your one. Especially since you're turtling, but that's besides the point.

"Wow your guys' warchests suck! Look at my warchest guys! 4.5 billion guys! Wow Polar sucks guys!"
While it may be true you have a bigger warchest than the individual nations you are fighting, you have to remember ever ten days we have three new nations on you. Our guys don't have to have a 4.5 billion dollar warchest, we just have to have enough to fight for ten days. We're still rebuilding from a massive war not too long ago, and the specific guys you're hitting might not have their warchests as big as yours, but we don't need it for a pesky rouge like you.

"Polar is destroying me so slow guys! Polar sucks!"
Zoskia hit the nail on the head. Do you think we care about how long it takes? You have proved through this thread you love your stats and we know the closer and closer you get to ZI, the more and more it hurts [b]you[/b] on the inside inside. You can lob ten nukes at the people you're fighting over the course of a week, but we'll be hitting you for a long long time and the further down you go the harder it'll be to get back up.

We've offered you peace. We're still offering you peace. You're too prideful to accept, yet by keeping the fight going you think that you gain some sort of leverage tool against us. Your actions are humorous to us at best. We're having fun, it's you that's hurting and will continue to hurt.

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1341161594' post='3001215']
Excellent... Forget about sleeping until there's nothing left to save then...

I am enjoying a lot the denial phase of the cycle... so I hope it last for quite a long time. It is funny for me to read how you are going to win this war against Polaris, how Polaris is unable to cause you any harm, how you imagine that you are a big problem for Polaris, how you imagine yourself writing surrender terms for Polaris... etc. That's excellent and I love your illusions.
[/quote]

Your discourse is quite interesting, yet we have seen rogues hurting alliances in a way they [i]had to[/i] declare peace. Perhaps Viluin will be the next Vlad. Perhaps you'll be glad to get rid of him in a few weeks. He can definitely be a pain for your alliance. It seems you are in denial about that.

[quote]
"Wow your guys' warchests suck! Look at my warchest guys! 4.5 billion guys! Wow Polar sucks guys!"
While it may be true you have a bigger warchest than the individual nations you are fighting, you have to remember ever ten days we have three new nations on you. Our guys don't have to have a 4.5 billion dollar warchest, we just have to have enough to fight for ten days. We're still rebuilding from a massive war not too long ago, and the specific guys you're hitting might not have their warchests as big as yours, but we don't need it for a pesky rouge like you.[/quote]
Honestly, having three new nations on him every time wouldn't be something I would brag about, because all of the nations on him currently are infra heavy, and getting nuked by him is doing a lot more damage to them than they could do to him, even when you look at it from a 1v1 basis he is probably dealing out a lot more damage if he is still going. Its going to get even worse in the lower tiers when he can $%&@ with your nations because he has his moon colony. You aren't in for a fun ride here, nor will it be good for your alliance at all. White peace is the best option for you, or whatever limited terms he would be willing to accept.
[quote]
Zoskia hit the nail on the head. Do you think we care about how long it takes? You have proved through this thread you love your stats and we know the closer and closer you get to ZI, the more and more it hurts [b]you[/b] on the inside inside. You can lob ten nukes at the people you're fighting over the course of a week, but we'll be hitting you for a long long time and the further down you go the harder it'll be to get back up.[/quote]
You should care how long it takes. You are taking infra damage in higher tiers while he is up there (thus making the infra more expensive to rebuild, thus hurting your warchests more or leaving your nations making less).

[quote]
We've offered you peace. We're still offering you peace. You're too prideful to accept, yet by keeping the fight going you think that you gain some sort of leverage tool against us. Your actions are humorous to us at best. We're having fun, it's you that's hurting and will continue to hurt.
[/quote]
What are you offering, and if there are terms why would he bother to accept, when he can grind you down? You should have offered reasonable terms from the get go and you wouldn't have a nation who can literally rip through you coming down your alliance. You might have a larger alliance than GOD, but you are foolish to ignore the lesson they learned from Stukov.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='NoMercy' timestamp='1341179217' post='3001358']
Your discourse is quite interesting, yet we have seen rogues hurting alliances in a way they [i]had to[/i] declare peace. [s]Perhaps Viluin will be the next Vlad.[/s] Perhaps you'll be glad to get rid of him in a few weeks. He can definitely be a pain for your alliance. It seems you are in denial about that.[/quote]

Edited for you as he is doing nothing compared to what Vlad did. :P

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1341179130' post='3001357']
My oh my this thread is getting annoying.

"Hey guys guess what, I caused 6x the damage NpO did to me."
Please, you're fighting six nations which means yes, through CMs alone you do more damage than we do to your one.[/quote]

I did 6x the conventional damage, that has nothing to do with me fighting six nations and everything to do with you failing almost all your attacks.

[quote]Especially since you're turtling, but that's besides the point.[/quote]

I've never turtled in my life. You mistake the gross incompetence of your fighters for me turtling.

[quote]
While it may be true you have a bigger warchest than the individual nations you are fighting, you have to remember ever ten days we have three new nations on you. Our guys don't have to have a 4.5 billion dollar warchest, we just have to have enough to fight for ten days. We're still rebuilding from a massive war not too long ago, and the specific guys you're hitting might not have their warchests as big as yours, but we don't need it for a pesky rouge like you.[/quote]

I would be proud to be responsible for NpO's laughable warchests the next global war. Rotating 3 nations on a rogue every 10 days is pretty expensive. It's not just the cost of war you have to take into account, but also the lack of growth.

[quote]
Zoskia hit the nail on the head. Do you think we care about how long it takes? You have proved through this thread you love your stats and we know the closer and closer you get to ZI, the more and more it hurts [b]you[/b] on the inside inside. You can lob ten nukes at the people you're fighting over the course of a week, but we'll be hitting you for a long long time and the further down you go the harder it'll be to get back up.[/quote]

If I loved my stats I wouldn't have gone rogue. :wacko: And unlike you I have no intention of "getting back up" again, that's what makes you the big loser of this fight.

[quote]We've offered you peace. We're still offering you peace. You're too prideful to accept, yet by keeping the fight going you think that you gain some sort of leverage tool against us. Your actions are humorous to us at best. We're having fun, it's you that's hurting and will continue to hurt.
[/quote]

You're still offering me peace? That's news to me.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341082856' post='3000703']
I am fully capable of doing extra-special retarded things. :v: If you lose a war I will be there at the negotiation table for reps because that will be funny as hell.
[/quote]

I'm amazed at your capacity for whining about something you started.

What you're fighting currently is the result of us losing a couple of wars in a row with not a lot of time between our most recent set of reps and today. (Why do you think our nations are infra-heavy? It's a mystery!) Even if we're on the wrong end of another full-on beatdown a week from now, what you'll continue to face in persisting against us will be very similar to what you're facing now. The only thing that can help you is if we get into some kind of viet-FAN situation.

You're welcome to play those odds for as long as you want (crying sad, sad, tears all the time I imagine), but they are very long.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1341197784' post='3001503']
I'm amazed at your capacity for whining about something you started.

What you're fighting currently is the result of us losing a couple of wars in a row with not a lot of time between our most recent set of reps and today. (Why do you think our nations are infra-heavy? It's a mystery!) Even if we're on the wrong end of another full-on beatdown a week from now, what you'll continue to face in persisting against us will be very similar to what you're facing now. The only thing that can help you is if we get into some kind of viet-FAN situation.

You're welcome to play those odds for as long as you want (crying sad, sad, tears all the time I imagine), but they are very long.
[/quote]

I don't know, whatever lulz alliance ends up beating you down might want you to declare peace with me and accept my terms to make sure our war doesn't disrupt your reps payments! Peace with everyone.. or peace with no one. That's not uncommon, even the GPA wouldn't peace out without you at first and they're neutral.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341205129' post='3001574']
I don't know, whatever lulz alliance ends up beating you down might want you to declare peace with me and accept my terms to make sure our war doesn't disrupt your reps payments! Peace with everyone.. or peace with no one. That's not uncommon, even the GPA wouldn't peace out without you at first and they're neutral.
[/quote]

Enjoy your waiting game.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1341067417' post='3000611']It was hard to fault GPA for it because [b]they don't have anything else to do[/b] warwise with their nations: he was literally going to be their only concern in the coming year.[/quote]
To be fair, I wouldn't have wanted to waste that much of my time on Viluin's case. We had the upper hand in the negotiations just because Viluin's willingness to waste time on that brawl was [i]even smaller[/i] than my one. :v:
That said, it's true that we had a long, long, [i]long[/i] (and very disciplined) line of members ready to get their chance at fighting him, and I believe that we would have been capable to engage his nation until the end of CN, if necessary.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341205129' post='3001574']Peace with everyone.. or peace with no one. That's not uncommon, [b]even the GPA wouldn't peace out without you at first and they're neutral[/b].[/quote]
While we welcome any honest, friendly and impartial interaction with foreign alliances - and Polaris [i]definitely[/i] isn't an exception to that rule - helping anyone else wasn't the goal of our negotiations (neutrality etc.) We nonetheless exited that conflict [i]together[/i] with Polaris, considering that they had declared their intention to let you go without further hassle on anyone's part and there weren't any more in-game wars involving your nation.
You'll remember that it was [i]you[/i] that later attacked Polaris again: although it was possible to guess that you had a continued desire to fight/harm them, you didn't tell me of your plans. I consider your attacks to have started [i]another[/i] conflict.

I didn't want to conclude a peace deal with you still at war with Polaris also because that would have meant having foreign aid interactions (reparations) with a nation that was already at war, which is generally unwelcome to us (again neutrality etc.) We weren't obligated to consider your interests in that and - as you very well know - I didn't care about your complaints that we would have been helping Polaris against you.
Since you were then able to send your aid to us - as you did - when [i]you were at peace with them too[/i] (see above), we hadn't any more problem with concluding our peace accord. In fact we wouldn't have had any reason to continue, as the conflicts had reached a stop and you were willing to (more or less) meet our demands and to make peace.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1341307496' post='3002423']
To be fair, I wouldn't have wanted to waste that much of my time on Viluin's case. We had the upper hand in the negotiations just because Viluin's willingness to waste time on that brawl was [i]even smaller[/i] than my one. :v:
That said, it's true that we had a long, long, [i]long[/i] (and very disciplined) line of members ready to get their chance at fighting him, and I believe that we would have been capable to engage his nation until the end of CN, if necessary.

While we welcome any honest, friendly and impartial interaction with foreign alliances - and Polaris [i]definitely[/i] isn't an exception to that rule - helping anyone else wasn't the goal of our negotiations (neutrality etc.) We nonetheless exited that conflict [i]together[/i] with Polaris, considering that they had declared their intention to let you go without further hassle on anyone's part and there weren't any more in-game wars involving your nation.
You'll remember that it was [i]you[/i] that later attacked Polaris again: although it was possible to guess that you had a continued desire to fight/harm them, you didn't tell me of your plans. I consider your attacks to have started [i]another[/i] conflict.

I didn't want to conclude a peace deal with you still at war with Polaris also because that would have meant having foreign aid interactions (reparations) with a nation that was already at war, which is generally unwelcome to us (again neutrality etc.) We weren't obligated to consider your interests in that and - as you very well know - I didn't care about your complaints that we would have been helping Polaris against you.
Since you were then able to send your aid to us - as you did - when [i]you were at peace with them too[/i] (see above), we hadn't any more problem with concluding our peace accord. In fact we wouldn't have had any reason to continue, as the conflicts had reached a stop and you were willing to (more or less) meet our demands and to make peace.
[/quote]

Peace was never declared with NpO. They may have vaguely declared the intent to let me go when you peaced out with me ("let me go" as soon as GPA stops fighting their war, how convenient), but not a word was ever spoken to me during our negotiations. And so hostilities resumed as soon as I left peace mode, that's pretty standard during a war.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341315980' post='3002473']
Peace was never declared with NpO. They may have vaguely declared the intent to let me go when you peaced out with me ("let me go" as soon as GPA stops fighting their war, how convenient), but not a word was ever spoken to me during our negotiations. [b]And so hostilities resumed as soon as I left peace mode, that's pretty standard during a war.[/b][/quote]

The bold part is standard when in alliance warfare, but you're a rogue which by all accounts got dropped and alliances don't have to tell lowly rogues when they have finished with you, they normally just leave alone. So if in their eyes it was over when GPA sorted reps (because to be honest GPA already made you a laughing stock of a rogue) and you go and restart hostilities, that's called going rogue again.

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1341318204' post='3002475']
The bold part is standard when in alliance warfare, but you're a rogue which by all accounts got dropped and alliances don't have to tell lowly rogues when they have finished with you, they normally just leave alone. So if in their eyes it was over when GPA sorted reps (because to be honest GPA already made you a laughing stock of a rogue) and you go and restart hostilities, that's called going rogue again.
[/quote]

War means war until peace has been declared, period. It takes two sides to end a war.

NpO didn't get to "let me go" without officially declaring white peace because it was obvious to me from the start they'd do a terrible job at fighting me. They were hiding behind GPA when they made the ridiculous demand of $90m 2000 tech in reps. I was lobbying for separate peace with GPA for weeks because I didn't want them to take my war slots, and I finally got it through this forum. Now I'm doing exactly what I planned to do from the start: rogue NpO until they declare white peace. And after NpO, other enemies will come, either via my alliance or solo. That's why I'm not losing anything in this war, my future only holds war and when I'm out of money I will delete. NpO is the only loser here.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341319910' post='3002483']
War means war until peace has been declared, period. It has nothing to do with "alliance warfare".[/quote]

What are you not understanding here? No alliance has to declare peace to a rogue as they/you aren't special.

You would of knew if they let you go by seeing if they declared war on you after coming out of peacemode, but you jumped the gun and re-declared. Since if you're highly active as you say you are then it wouldn't be a problem for you to declare on nations in response.

Slap you then/or ignore you or demand reps... Normally what happens, not go grovelling to the rogue "white peace my lord" :rolleyes:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1341321043' post='3002487']
What are you not understanding here? No alliance has to declare peace to a rogue as they/you aren't special.

You would of knew if they let you go by seeing if they declared war on you after coming out of peacemode, but you jumped the gun and re-declared. Since if you're highly active as you say you are then it wouldn't be a problem for you to declare on nations in response.

Slap you then/or ignore you or demand reps... Normally what happens, not go grovelling to the rogue "white peace my lord" :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Evidently an alliance [i]does[/i] have to declare peace with a rogue, otherwise this happens. Your argument is invalid.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341321098' post='3002488']
Evidently an alliance [i]does[/i] have to declare peace with a rogue, otherwise this happens. Your argument is invalid.[/quote]

Well in regards to you then yes, because you want the privilege of going "yay! look at me Polar are weak and begged/gave me white peace" in a topic you would most likely create to stroke your attention seeking ego.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1341321616' post='3002492']
Well in regards to you then yes, because you want the privilege of going "yay! look at me Polar are weak and begged/gave me white peace" in a topic you would most likely create to stroke your attention seeking ego.
[/quote]

It doesn't have to be public, they can just query me and say the war is over. If I don't hear anything I'll assume the war is still on, and I'll declare first to make sure I get the good targets before they run to peace mode (I personally made several NpO nations with bad warchests run to peace mode with my spy-ops).

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341321938' post='3002493']
(I personally made several NpO nations with bad warchests run to peace mode with my spy-ops).
[/quote]
And the combined forces of GPA and the Polar upper tier made [i]you[/i] run to peace mode. :rolleyes:

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1341323912' post='3002504']
And the combined forces of GPA and the Polar upper tier made [i]you[/i] run to peace mode. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Running to peace mode to buy new nukes so I can fight better is different from running to peace mode to avoid damage.

The Polar upper tier didn't make me do anything, by the way. Prior to me declaring these wars on you, you hadn't done anything at all to fight me. All you did was talk smack and throw around ridiculous reps demands without even fighting me, and as soon as GPA peaced out, you wanted out as well while making it look like you were being lenient. That's not how it works. I'm fighting for a proper mutual white peace agreement and if you don't want that, well, it's not like I have anything better to do in this game. Unlike you.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1341325887' post='3002520']
Running to peace mode to buy new nukes so I can fight better is different from running to peace mode to avoid damage.

The Polar upper tier didn't make me do anything, by the way. Prior to me declaring these wars on you, you hadn't done anything at all to fight me. All you did was talk smack and throw around ridiculous reps demands without even fighting me, and as soon as GPA peaced out, you wanted out as well while making it look like you were being lenient. That's not how it works. I'm fighting for a proper mutual white peace agreement and if you don't want that, well, it's not like I have anything better to do in this game. Unlike you.
[/quote]
It's always different when it's not you doing it, now isn't it.

You hit two inactive guys no wonder they didn't fight back. If by "talk smack" you mean saying, "No we're not going to let you off with white peace," then sure, we talked smack.

(I really do need to stop bumping this thread, because as the rebel said, this truly is only about your ego)

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1341326535' post='3002527']
It's always different when it's not you doing it, now isn't it.

You hit two inactive guys no wonder they didn't fight back. If by "talk smack" you mean saying, "No we're not going to let you off with white peace," then sure, we talked smack.

(I really do need to stop bumping this thread, because as the rebel said, this truly is only about your ego)
[/quote]

But, your active fighters didn't fight back either last round. All they did was lob missiles at me from their bunkers. :rolleyes: Your nations ran to peace mode because they were poor and my rogue attack would've set them back months. That a mere grunt from another alliance had more money than anyone in yours is a pretty sad state of affairs anyway. I've seen far more combat than your nations, so that's not it. If your nation building guides are as good as your war guides I guess that would explain it.

Edited by Viluin