Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1339778612' post='2984905']
So what you're telling me is- Doomhouse is "the side" and everyone else is... neutral? I'm confused as to where you place TOP in the treaty web.
[/quote]

No, I'll just put it straight: the core of "the side" lies in DH and C&G. The majority of alliances in your bloc aren't big fans of MK and probably don't want to line up behind them at every turn. You have a one-off tie and don't like SF/XX/Polar. Other potential enemies create more conflicts treaty-wise and you said someone's going to end up moving to bigger things.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1339774263' post='2984845']
Deinos doesn't like NG. NG doesn't like Deinos. More at eleven.

Yeah, there are alliances with issues with each other within ~ThE sIdE~, just like every side has always had and will always have. But when you're pals with 90% of one side, and 0% of the other side, it isn't really hard to figure out where your friends are at.
[/quote]
I did like your Declaration of Intent though....made me laugh.

And in Algebra you just said Deinos doesn't like Deinos. :P

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339777987' post='2984887']
Here we go. it is a problem, pretty much. The clandestine nature of such opposition has hindered it significantly. The other issue is SF/XX were still disliked by the potential opposition enough to be untouchable.

Exactly Yevgeni. I think a lot of people knew there's someone next, but they could rely on SF/XX existing as an easier foil, especially after FOK's disbandment which paved the way for an easy war on their former allies.
[/quote]
What gets me is that it appears that they didn't even try. I don't buy the argument that they were untouchable. There are numerous examples of alliances who were once hated (MK, NPO and TOP are example of big name alliances) who were able to shed that label. It would have required hard work and sacrifices on their account but it could have been done.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1339778351' post='2984898']
Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Edit: A slight suggestion might be to attack more than 6% of our alliance
[/quote]
a slight counter-suggestion might be for your alliance to be better at growing its nations so that umbrella has something significant to hit

Edited by King Puffington

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1339778034' post='2984889']
Mostly this. And that :(( Fark :(( should be force-disbanded, but outside of that, this.
[/quote]

I suspect you have as good a chance of this happening as CN had of getting FAN to disband. I don't see it happening but you keep having your nice dreams.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1339779490' post='2984929']
What gets me is that it appears that they didn't even try. I don't buy the argument that they were untouchable. There are numerous examples of alliances who were once hated (MK, NPO and TOP are example of big name alliances) who were able to shed that label. It would have required hard work and sacrifices on their account but it could have been done.
[/quote]

It was a bit more sluggish than it could have been, but they did try. People didn't want anything to do with them in many instances. I would say the stigma surrounding GOD basically hamstrung a lot of FA efforts. There were also other grudges people had. There's also a desire on the part of other alliances not to go out of their way to make big moves for sheer pragmatism even though it'd be logical. They were considered untouchable and a lot of people have been content to know that their isolation would lead to this scenario. The prospect of buying time through SF/XX/Polar getting destroyed appears to have been more attractive than being aligned.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1339779490' post='2984929']
What gets me is that it appears that they didn't even try.
[/quote]
Oh they did try. It's just that their attempts were information warfare. Rumor spreading and attempts to sew discord among 'the side'.

They weren't entirely unsuccessful at it, but it certainly was too little, too late.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='King Puffington' timestamp='1339779530' post='2984930']
a slight counter-suggestion might be for your alliance to be better at growing its nations so that umbrella has something significant to hit
[/quote]

How would that help us forcibly disband?

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1339777523' post='2984881']
Maybe the problem is that a part of the opposition prefers to yap from the sidelines rather than organize themselves to topple the current power structure?
[/quote]

Dude that was spot on. You just described the big mouth no show Schat, Omni all the others over the years :)

Also have fun Umbrella. I would say good luck but you don't need it.

Edited by Sunny Side King

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1339779982' post='2984939']
How would that help us forcibly disband?
[/quote]
it might not help you forcibly disbaned but it would be super duper entertaining

ps. disband

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1339777523' post='2984881']
Maybe the problem is that a part of the opposition prefers to yap from the sidelines rather than organize themselves to topple the current power structure? Some alliances seem to be hoping, against all odds, that their irrelevance and/or neutrality is going to shelter them from any offensive action: "if only I don't join blocs and don't raise any ruckus, I'll live".

It won't work. Meanwhile, SF/XX is getting butchered. Don't be surprised. After the last war, people should have started thinking: what's next? More importantly: who's next?

Visibly, seeing as many alliances are being caught once again with their pants down, that homework wasn't done.
[/quote]
Are you telling me that the people complaining should actually put some thought into their actions, the same way the alliances that would become Karma did?

Say it aint so!

The majority of people who have issues or should be concernedaren't complaining out here. In terms of a more nuanced stance, I would say it makes sense to look more at people who aren't out here but have issues with it or those who should be more worried in terms of blame.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1339780237' post='2984943']
Are you telling me that the people complaining should actually put some thought into their actions, the same way the alliances that would become Karma did?

Say it aint so!
[/quote]

No, he's saying do it faster than it took the karma guys to do it.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1339780237' post='2984943']

Say it aint so!
[/quote]
It aint so?

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1339743955' post='2984652']
Welcome back. See what happens when you leave? (And yes, I know you've been back for a while.)
[/quote]
I guess we will have to work on changing that, then.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1339745106' post='2984657']
Those in power will always test the limits when the opposition does nothing but sit on their arses, looking pretty.

If the opposition wants things to change, they'll have to play smart. For now, their level is so low that there is no need to even put a show or pretend.
[/quote]
I've seen worse situations before.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1339781043' post='2984963']
Sup? I'm Cole Hamels.
[/quote]
I'm gonna go back to that name. Just to !@#$ on every thread with a "You've lost the respect of Cole Hamels."

I think about five of us would remember.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339781137' post='2984966']
I'm gonna go back to that name. Just to !@#$ on every thread with a "You've lost the respect of Cole Hamels."

[/quote]
I think it's probably more than five.

Toppling the power structure would be great and all if there's something better to replace it with. I don't think CoJ is too keen to get into one side of the web just to help it become the majority and beat down another part of the web. The whole thing is lame and most of its constituents are lame to a degree by virtue of their participation in it. We're interested in something completely different. It will take time abnd patience if it's feasible at all.

[/quote]
Those were the days.

[/quote]

That and a Beckham avatar :P

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339777244' post='2984879']
Oh my yes.

Holy blast from the past, Batman. How long did it take you to dig that fossil up?

In retrospect it's somewhat difficult to read.
[/quote]

The cute part of the creative annhilation thread was the Xiphosis post at the end of page 1.

"I was discussing a similar concept with Kevan just the other day; that if more people were put to the fire/had their will tested we'd have a better pool of alliances around. "

Apparently, his support for your manifesto ended when he was the one unable to put alliances to the fire.

Im going to throw in a truthful edit here though, because Its human nature, and because I give Xiph a ton of credit for his ability to play the game. Sometimes you are just left with what you have for a period. He is left with inept Sparta's and MHA's of the world, and in his same position, I'd be pretty much the same person he is. So , it is really unfair to troll him over it, but it is no less a statement that we all make our opinions in this game based on the convenience of our situation, and not on some sense of moral direction, or right vs wrong.

Edited by Rush Sykes

I saw the topic and was like, "wow, Umbrella is actually sacrificing some pixels? :awesome:", then I realized that you're fighting an alliance with like a total of 20 members in your range and then I was like, "That's the pixel whores we've all come to know and love." Anywho, have fun carrying zero weight and claiming to be badass.

Edited by MitchellBade

[/quote]

Like the time I got banned forgetting to use [IC] Tags in a statement about killing Cole Hammels your nation ruler :/