The Lord Said There Shall Be Heaven on Earth

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336531600' post='2965385']
Oh, if I recall, they eventually made up with NPO.
[/quote]
Fairly sure that NAH doesn't really particular care that they made up with NPO, Roq :v:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll echo Feanor's "Don't come back" towards NAH only for the reason that to finally free yourself from this hellhole is something to be truly celebrated and coming back is more akin to relapsing to heroin addiction than anything else. But otherwise, yay NAH is back :D. MCRABT and Brehon strikes me as a decidedly entertaining duo, two very strong willed personalities. I hope this turns out well for IRON and doesn't burn them somewhere down the road

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1336531106' post='2965379']
Though a bit off topic, how long have they said they were going to cancel on npo? Well at least since I was secretary of state. They gave been stating that they were cancelling on npo any day (back when I was sos).

Sorry for the lack of length and explanation, but I'm on my phone
[/quote]

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Olympus ever told IRON we'd be cancelling. If you're interested in that statement, what happened to change it (and how long ago that was, for heavens' sake), feel free to ask one of us who was around at the time.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336530661' post='2965373']
Are you saying you don't like Olympus? Not cool.
[/quote]
i, for one, like to be hated...maybe we'll get pre-empted next time

stupid NPO stealing all the pre-empts

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1336530181' post='2965367']
I come back everytime iron makes a !@#$%* treaty. Sorry Olympus, I seem to have forgotten to post in your thread, but since you are a dr addition who cares
[/quote]

I understand you don't like NPO but you should know much better than this.

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1336531106' post='2965379']
Though a bit off topic, how long have they said they were going to cancel on npo? Well at least since I was secretary of state. They gave been stating that they were cancelling on npo any day (back when I was sos).

Sorry for the lack of length and explanation, but I'm on my phone
[/quote]

I think you would have been better posting nothing at all. This is disgraceful conduct toward an IRON ally and it will not be tolerated.

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1336530181' post='2965367']
I come back everytime iron makes a !@#$%* treaty. Sorry Olympus, I seem to have forgotten to post in your thread, but since you are a dr addition who cares
[/quote]

Welcome back dickhead.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1336568474' post='2965467']

I think you would have been better posting nothing at all. This is disgraceful conduct toward an IRON ally and it will not be tolerated.
[/quote]
[s]
I get the impression that he stepped out of the time machine and wasn't handed a briefing paper on world events since his departure soon enough. Also,[/s] NPO as a choice of ally a year ago would have been unthinkable for IRON. Times change. Some of us change with them better than others.

EDIT: In light of the comment by NAH that follows this one, the above remarks were revised. NAH I wish you well in the world and understand your stand on the treaty.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1336568474' post='2965467']

[/quote]
maybe you should check the resignation center. I resigned yesterday morning a.k.a before I posted.
but gee whilickers crabby. Boy do I feel wrong about posting mean things about the NPO. Thank you for moderating my assholeness and making me such a greater person!
Side note still on phone.

Edited by not adolf hitler

You shall not say bad words or have any kind of negative impression of our ally, While we're at it, we will spoon feed you what we want you to say and when we want you to say it. You are a drone and nothing more. You are not an individual, and while you're at IRON, you will toe the party line or face the consequences. Now if you have anything further to say I'd choose your words very carefully, before We (IRON) decided to crush your crazy freedom of thought and expression and freedom of speech like the worm it is!!!

What we want from you is correct conduct at all times and to fall into OUR way of thinking without question!!!

The only comment you should make is "[i]well done on the treaty guys, I love me some NPO/IRON relationships, this is just swell news that makes me all warm on the inside[/i]"

On a side note I kind of like both you guys so congrats on your treaty. Just a shame to see members be treated like mindless drones :P (although he is a bit silly, he shouldn't be curbed from being an !@#$%^&) 99% of this place should be silenced if that was the case.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1336499387' post='2965186']
considering Kriek was part of the coalition against us and I was top val gov in all coalition channels I may just know what i was talking about. It was inside the first week that the first peace attempt came via jorost and porksabre whether or not he discussed it internally or not whos to say. But im far from a liar on this point.
[/quote]

If I recall correctly, it was inside the first week that Invicta left the field. The 22nd through 28th were, if I recall correctly, the dates of the DoW and White Peace, respectively.

There was a long time there when I wouldn't have expected to see IRON and NPO sign another treaty. Back then I figured it was only moderately more likely than NPO and CnG signing one. Ahhh... to be ignorant of politics again. I'd give anything for those days.

Edited by Roadie

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1336581348' post='2965489']
maybe you should check the resignation center. I resigned yesterday morning a.k.a before I posted.
but gee whilickers crabby. Boy do I feel wrong about posting mean things about the NPO. Thank you for moderating my assholeness and making me such a greater person!
Side note still on phone.
[/quote]

Well that will save me the bother of throwing you out on your rear for breaching your oath (again). [img]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8916/wordc.png[/img]

also don't mention it.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1336583350' post='2965493']
You shall not say bad words or have any kind of negative impression of our ally, While we're at it, we will spoon feed you what we want you to say and when we want you to say it. You are a drone and nothing more. You are not an individual, and while you're at IRON, you will toe the party line or face the consequences. Now if you have anything further to say I'd choose your words very carefully, before We (IRON) decided to crush your crazy freedom of thought and expression and freedom of speech like the worm it is!!!

What we want from you is correct conduct at all times and to fall into OUR way of thinking without question!!!

The only comment you should make is "[i]well done on the treaty guys, I love me some NPO/IRON relationships, this is just swell news that makes me all warm on the inside[/i]"

On a side note I kind of like both you guys so congrats on your treaty. Just a shame to see members be treated like mindless drones :P (although he is a bit silly, he shouldn't be curbed from being an !@#$%^&) 99% of this place should be silenced if that was the case.
[/quote]

The issue is not with him having his own opinion IRON Councillors all sign the following oath:

[quote]
As a member of IRON Council I hereby agree to maintain confidentiality of the sanctity of Council.

I will not discuss sensitive information and issues discussed in council chambers or within private council chats, etc. with anyone outside of council. This includes, but is not limited to how individuals on council vote on an issue (although if I may choose to share my own opinion on matters with non-councilors, unless to do so would undermine IRON council).

I will not undermine council decisions by using outsiders (non-council members) to manipulate council.

I will maintain confidentiality of all council business if I leave council.[/quote]

In discussing council matters in public shared with him by virtue of his position as an IRON Councillor he is in breach of this oath. People are free to express their opinion, they are not free to abuse their position at the expense of IRON and our friends. So back the truck up buddy.

Edited by MCRABT

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1336587798' post='2965509']
If I recall correctly, it was inside the first week that Invicta left the field. The 22nd through 28th were, if I recall correctly, the dates of the DoW and White Peace, respectively.

There was a long time there when I wouldn't have expected to see IRON and NPO sign another treaty. Back then I figured it was only moderately more likely than NPO and CnG signing one. Ahhh... to be ignorant of politics again. I'd give anything for those days.
[/quote]
Invicta hung all the way through till we all left the field to their credit.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1336588515' post='2965511']
Well that will save me the bother of throwing you out on your rear for breaching your oath (again). [img]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8916/wordc.png[/img]

also don't mention it.

The issue is not with him having his own opinion IRON Councillors all sign the following oath:

In discussing council matters in public shared with him by virtue of his position as an IRON Councillor he is in breach of this oath. People are free to express their opinion, they are not free to abuse their position at the expense of IRON and our friends. So back the truck up buddy.
[/quote]

Seeing as he resigned before that I'm sure he's free to discuss what he wants and when he wants, he is no longer bound by that.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1336589522' post='2965513']
Seeing as he resigned before that I'm sure he's free to discuss what he wants and when he wants, he is no longer bound by that.
[/quote]

I think you should re-read the oath that he signed.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1336589700' post='2965515']
[/quote]
In fairness, the situation between Oly and NPO is pretty common knowledge, so really, don't sweat it.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1336589700' post='2965515']
[/quote]

I couldn't care what your oath says, the minute he ceases being a IRON member you have ZERO control over him. FYI, it's worded poorly, it says if leaving council, it doesn't say anything about leaving the alliance, so could be interpreted differently.

I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing btw, I don't have an issue with both IRON or NPO, I'm just bored.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1336590484' post='2965519']
In fairness, the situation between Oly and NPO is pretty common knowledge, so really, don't sweat it.
[/quote]

!@#$ call off hounds, call of the hounds ;)

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1336590763' post='2965521']
I couldn't care what your oath says, the minute he ceases being a IRON member you have ZERO control over him. FYi it's worded poorly. it says if leaving council, it doesn't say anything about leaving the alliance, so could be interpreted differently.
[/quote]

It doesn't need to say anything about leaving the alliance since such an action would require leaving the council. Both situations are thus mutually inclusive in the wording. I view the oathe as binding and breaking it is pretty poor form. It's a breach of trust from someone I once had a lot of respect and time for nothing more so don't get your knickers in a twist with the OMG IRON is the enemy of liberal values speech.

You know I was going to leave this alone, but whats the fun in that.

Being allies doesn't mean you always agree. Not agreeing doesn't immediately make you enemies. Sometimes you actually have to discuss it and deal with it like responsible adults. That is what happened with NPO and Olympus. None of us are ashamed, bitter or wilted little flower. We are adults able to recognize our right and wrong while properly communicating.

So many could learn from that.

Edit: Wilted little flower = unable to take criticism

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1336591973' post='2965524']
!@#$ call off hounds, call of the hounds ;)

It doesn't need to say anything about leaving the alliance since such an action would require leaving the council. Both situations are thus mutually inclusive in the wording. I view the oathe as binding and breaking it is pretty poor form. It's a breach of trust from someone I once had a lot of respect and time for nothing more so don't get your knickers in a twist with the OMG IRON is the enemy of liberal values speech.
[/quote]

You're mistaken, I was making a light jab at your rage about the situation. Because that's how you came across. My knickers are untwisted, and have been since I laughed at your original response to him.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1336589113' post='2965512']
Invicta hung all the way through till we all left the field to their credit.
[/quote]
Yes. They knew it was the only way to save their alliance. In hindsight, it didn't really matter. Nothing could be done realistically to help Invicta. Doomed if they do, doomed if they don't kinda scenario.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1336592117' post='2965525']
You know I was going to leave this alone, but whats the fun in that.

Being allies doesn't mean you always agree. Not agreeing doesn't immediately make you enemies. Sometimes you actually have to discuss it and deal with it like responsible adults. That is what happened with NPO and Olympus. None of us are ashamed, bitter or wilted little flower. We are adults able to recognize our right and wrong while properly communicating.

So many could learn from that.

Edit: Wilted little flower = unable to take criticism
[/quote]

Oh god. I think I just saw an NPO emperor belittle fascism.

What has this world come to :( . ;)

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1336592227' post='2965526']
You're mistaken, I was making a light jab at your rage about the situation. Because that's how you came across. My knickers are untwisted, and have been since I laughed at your original response to him.
[/quote]

Light jab indeed, I completely missed the punch line perhaps you could point it out? I am glad your family prize has breathing space. Your sperm count shall surely benefit.