The Lord Said There Shall Be Heaven on Earth

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1336425740' post='2964901']
I thought it was a CoC announcement. Good luck with this NPO.
[/quote]

You must eat so many [img]http://whatscookingamerica.net/Fruit/Lemons2.jpg[/imG] because you are so [img]http://www.bestdeal.org/Merchant2/graphics/00000010/DSCN0439.jpg[/img], NPO would rather be with [IMG]http://iphone.vooc.cn/www.vooc.cn/Movies/Ironman/bluephp_small/Ironman.jpg[/IMG] because he is much [img]http://www.fit-dc.com/images/mikeE-.png[/img]ter

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1336447682' post='2965005']
Jorost was trying to sue for peace in the first week. He was continuosly talking to porksabre and trying to get us to leave the war.
[/quote]

This is simply not true.

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1336486370' post='2965132']
Words can not express my amount of dislike and facepalmage towards this treaty
[/quote]

Oh man, a NAH sighting. Come back man.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1336447682' post='2965005']
My nose is growing. I dont think so. Jorost was trying to sue for peace in the first week. He was continuosly talking to porksabre and trying to get us to leave the war. So please do go on how IM wrong here. You burned for a month only because many of us from other AAs kept pumping money in to you so you could continue to do as little as possible.

Thrash dont tempt me im quite bored these days and it would be a shame to burn Invicta down all by myself, or would it?
[/quote]
Confirming this. Jorost wanted out relatively soon. Just didn't get what he wanted.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1336496567' post='2965171']
Confirming this. Jorost wanted out relatively soon. Just didn't get what he wanted.
[/quote]
Funny since all of our records say otherwise. Didn't know any of you had gov access :)
There was several senior gov that wanted to stay longer than we did as well.

Edited by President Gunn

[quote name='President Gunn' timestamp='1336498622' post='2965181']
Funny since all of our records say otherwise. Didn't know any of you had gov access :)
There was several senior gov that wanted to stay longer than we did as well.
[/quote]
considering Kriek was part of the coalition against us and I was top val gov in all coalition channels I may just know what i was talking about. It was inside the first week that the first peace attempt came via jorost and porksabre whether or not he discussed it internally or not whos to say. But im far from a liar on this point.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1336496567' post='2965171']
[/quote]

Then let's see the logs.

Look, I'm not accusing anyone of lying. I spoke to a lot of people then, and undoubtedly I lamented the situation, and especially the fact that Invicta was losing a lot of hard-earned NS. If this was misinterpreted as "suing for peace," then I am sorry. That was not my intention. I did not necessarily like the situation in which I found myself, but I was fully prepared for Invicta to take a beating, which we did.

Edited by Jorost

[quote name='Jorost' timestamp='1336499865' post='2965193']
Then let's see the logs.

Look, I'm not accusing anyone of lying. I spoke to a lot of people then, and undoubtedly I lamented the situation, and especially the fact that Invicta was losing a lot of hard-earned NS. If this was misinterpreted as "suing for peace," then I am sorry. That was not my intention. I did not necessarily like the situation in which I found myself, but I was fully prepared for Invicta to take a beating, which we did.
[/quote]

Jorost, you're better than this. You were Invicta's leader and you were doing what you felt was best for Invicta. There is nothing to apologize for in that. Your only error was in trying to apply the rest of us to what you felt was best for Invicta, as we all had our own reasons for sticking. I don't log irc, but if you find the logs, you'll find I told you the night of the first surrender conditions you brought to us that you needed to do what you needed to do for Invicta. I meant it then. I mean it now.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336500496' post='2965195']
The images were pretty good, though. That was an underrated post.
[/quote]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1336501567' post='2965199']
It rhymed. That's why I liked it.
[/quote]

It's so hard to get the [s]attention[/s] recognition I deserve these days. Thank you.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1336504086' post='2965213']
It's so hard to get the [s]attention[/s] recognition I deserve these days. Thank you.
[/quote]

I'm only upset I couldn't give you more.

[quote name='Jorost' timestamp='1336499865' post='2965193']
Then let's see the logs.

[/quote]

You talked to Mike pretty much daily back then. If it was me, I'd have logs. Anyways, this is what I found on the old iFOK forums. It's a quote from Mike on the seventh day of war:

Last night I talked to the leader of Invicta (Jorost). He wants out of the war, but doesn't want to surrender. Furthermore, he doesn't want to leave Valhalla behind on the battlefield. Tonight we'll probably talk again and he may be more receptive to a surrender now that his friends MASH and Quantum surrendered on a different front (link).

[quote name='queenhailee' timestamp='1336503795' post='2965211']
Jorost, you're better than this. You were Invicta's leader and you were doing what you felt was best for Invicta. There is nothing to apologize for in that. Your only error was in trying to apply the rest of us to what you felt was best for Invicta, as we all had our own reasons for sticking. I don't log irc, but if you find the logs, you'll find I told you the night of the first surrender conditions you brought to us that you needed to do what you needed to do for Invicta. I meant it then. I mean it now.
[/quote]

I do not deny that I spoke to Porksaber. I do not remember the specifics at this remove, and I was never a log keeper. What I [i]do[/i] remember is that I was looking for a way to bring the situation to an end that would be acceptable to everyone involved, so that no one would have to lose face. To that end, yes, I am sure the idea of both sides drawing down was discussed. I do not recall that I seriously thought it would happen, but there was nothing to lose in trying. I did not want to abandon Valhalla, despite the history of ill will that existed between us (and sadly still does) they were our allies. As it turned out, there was no mutually acceptable solution, the fighting continued, and Invicta got pounded.

However, I strenuously deny the characterization that I went to the other side, hat in hand, and "sued for peace." I always strove to do right for my alliance and our allies. It was not always easy, and sometimes I failed. But it was not for lack of trying.

Edited by Jorost

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1336494599' post='2965165']
No, don't come back!
[/quote]
I come back everytime iron makes a !@#$%* treaty. Sorry Olympus, I seem to have forgotten to post in your thread, but since you are a dr addition who cares

Edited by not adolf hitler

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336530661' post='2965373']
Are you saying you don't like Olympus? Not cool.
[/quote]

Though a bit off topic, how long have they said they were going to cancel on npo? Well at least since I was secretary of state. They gave been stating that they were cancelling on npo any day (back when I was sos).

Sorry for the lack of length and explanation, but I'm on my phone