CN Grande Give

Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334425082' post='2953219']
a retired prince is not some noob. a "retired" archon gets wheeled out every time mk mess up. when ex mk gov publicly states their position it is the mk position. Im surprised he hasnt shown up yet such is the size of this MK led &#$@ up.
[/quote]
The difference is that Archon is still King. Ardus holds no position AFAIK.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because BAPS doesn't care if he insults MK or whoever, really. Considering Archon said "I've wanted to see BAPS burn for a long time," Alterego's posting isn't really anything that could be as bad, especially since he's not in gov.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334425082' post='2953219']
a retired prince is not some noob. a "retired" archon gets wheeled out every time mk mess up. when ex mk gov publicly states their position it is the mk position. Im surprised he hasnt shown up yet such is the size of this MK led &#$@ up.
[/quote]

Does that mean Roq still talks for Umbrella and I still talk for ODN? Because, if so, I really need to talk to my Orange friends.

Well, like someone else said the difference is Archon still holds the position even if he is nominal in power.

I [i]should[/i] still be able to talk for Umbrella, though, but I'm not.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1334424838' post='2953215']
Eternal war is so 2008. I really dont think you want to go there now.
[/quote]
2008: One side gets attacked out of the blue, never gets fair terms.
2012: One side gets attacked for funding a war, gets offered fair terms, refuses to accept them.

If Kaskus doesn't want to accept the terms, they want war. If they never want to accept the terms, they always want war. If they always want war, they will be fighting an "eternal" war.

[b]Scandalous.[/b]

That said, my policy regarding eternal engagements isn't new--it's been the same for [i]years[/i]. Eternal war against an alliance, given sufficient crimes, is justified. I declared such in the Third Great War. Eternal war against individuals is criminal. I codified such in ZIPP. The only thing that's changed is that I've drifted toward considering PZI equally terrible.

[quote author='alterego']a retired prince is not some noob. a "retired" archon gets wheeled out every time mk mess up. when ex mk gov publicly states their position it is the mk position. Im surprised he hasnt shown up yet such is the size of this MK led &#$@ up.[/quote]

Unfortunately for us all, it is not Kingdom policy.

Fortunately for us all, it is Global Information Network[sup]TM[/sup] policy. :ph34r:

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334394957' post='2953033']
Its good their most senior people are now on record of what can and cant be done to them when the situation is not in their favour any longer. EZI & eternal war has returned courtesy of Mushroom Kingdom.
[/quote]
First off, it is not EZI or "eternal war" like we had pre-Karma where alliances or individuals are held at war with no reasonable options for peace on the table. Holding someone at war who refuses to accept reasonable peace options is not eternal war or EZI.

Second, we've sent some aid and ghosts to help GOONS but this war was and is primarily a GOONS thing, with as much PB assistance as MK assistance. Don't get me wrong, we support GOONS in this, but they are the instigators, not us.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1334511084' post='2953788']
First off, it is not EZI or "eternal war" like we had pre-Karma where alliances or individuals are held at war with no reasonable options for peace on the table. Holding someone at war who refuses to accept reasonable peace options is not eternal war or EZI.

Second, we've sent some aid and ghosts to help GOONS but this war was and is primarily a GOONS thing, with as much PB assistance as MK assistance. Don't get me wrong, we support GOONS in this, but they are the instigators, not us.
[/quote]

The terms offered were not reasonable for a very small alliance when the DoW was the result of an ongoing $3m tech deal. The equivalent for those now now laying waste to them would be in the tens of billions. Not to mention goons forcing them them somewhere they could humiliate them out of reach of the powers that be, something you lot in UJP2 do on a regular basis.

I agree goons started this but MK has so much influence over goons that they could have told goons to wise up at any time, but they decided to be the goon owf cheerleaders. mk did nothing of note to stop this and openly encouraged it until it started to become a major propaganda cockup

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334520459' post='2953832']
The terms offered were not reasonable for a very small alliance when the DoW was the result of an ongoing $3m tech deal. The equivalent for those now now laying waste to them would be in the tens of billions. Not to mention goons forcing them them somewhere they could humiliate them out of reach of the powers that be, something you lot in UJP2 do on a regular basis.
[/quote]

They have a number of nations who hold over a billion dollars, therefore the terms as set are more than reasonable. This is further evidenced by the fact that they are only slightly above the number that they themselves proposed on more then one occasion and nearly accepted earlier this week. Moreover, the reason the number was not accepted wasn't due to any purported financial hardship whatsoever.

Also, this is no more an eternal war then any other run of the mill conflict, claiming as much is ridiculous. I sincerely doubt that even Mongols or Kaskus would support that statement.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Well, Impero, Ardus was one the who said it was an eternal war. If they follow your way of doing things "leave person alone after I feel like it," or they've been damaged enough, maybe it won't be.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334445974' post='2953410']
Well, like someone else said the difference is Archon still holds the position even if he is nominal in power.

I [i]should[/i] still be able to talk for Umbrella, though, but I'm not.
[/quote]

Why should you be able to do that?! :mellow:

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1334523735' post='2953854']
Why should you be able to do that?! :mellow:
[/quote]

Oh, because JA should have stepped down in December when he was asked by Natan. Simple. I regret not actually pushing the issue at the time. It has lead to a string of terrible decisions.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334523221' post='2953847']
Well, Impero, Ardus was one the who said it was an eternal war. If they follow your way of doing things "leave person alone after I feel like it," or they've been damaged enough, maybe it won't be.
[/quote]

Ardus was making a statement as an [i]outside [/i]party with absolutely zero stake, influence, or bearing on the ultimate outcome of this conflict. His words are his alone, and I doubt he anticipated that they would be taken as any more then that. It is inappropriate and nonsensical to assign any weight to his comments or opinions in this situation, as he is neither a member of a Pandora's Box alliance nor privy to any decision making that has been or will be made on the subject.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334523879' post='2953856']
Oh, because JA should have stepped down in December when he was asked by Natan. Simple. I regret not actually pushing the issue at the time. It has lead to a string of terrible decisions.
[/quote]

Why SHOULD you be able to speak for Umbrella after all things you did TO (not for) them.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1334524270' post='2953865']
Why SHOULD you be able to speak for Umbrella after all things you did TO (not for) them.
[/quote]

Mostly because those were retaliatory. I don't strike without provocation and boy has been there provocation.

Basically, it has been them doing stuff to me and acting like they don't deserve payback.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334524319' post='2953866']
Mostly because those were retaliatory. I don't strike without provocation and boy has been there provocation.

Basically, it has been them doing stuff to me and acting like they don't deserve payback.
[/quote]

That has nothing to do with speaking [b]for[/b] Umbrella and everything to do with speaking (out) [b]against[/b] Umbrella. I was momentarily confused when you said the former but probably meant the latter. Carry on.

Wouldn't it be something if Mongus being attacked by a bloc because they defended a protected tech dealer from a raid ended up being profitable? That chance alone is worth $18 mil from me.

This though would short GOONS for their part in the lulz. $18 million to GOONS as well if Mongus profits.

Edit:

Step 1: Get attacked by GOONS
Step 2: Profit?

2nd Edit: To make it clear, this is a one time shot based strictly on how many lulz this is creating and it should not be presumed that similar offers will be extended in the future. Neither myself nor TPF are interested in funding grudges against GOONS.

Edited by Roadie