CN Grande Give

Alterego

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334523879' post='2953856']
Oh, because JA should have stepped down in December when he was asked by Natan. Simple. I regret not actually pushing the issue at the time. It has lead to a string of terrible decisions.
[/quote]

Based on how you are right now I'd say I made the right call to be honest. Letting someone with as many screws loose as you sit back on the throne would've been a disaster.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1334533592' post='2953953']
Based on how you are right now I'd say I made the right call to be honest. Letting someone with as many screws loose as you sit back on the throne would've been a disaster.
[/quote]

As opposed to what you have right now? Heh. Also the accusations, you've continually made which aren't agreed upon by present leadership are BS, much like the majority of what you have to say. You were an incompetent alliance leader.

How many times do I have to get the logs where it's explicitly stated that they were sorry for letting you endorse MK's BS against me. Of course your interests depend upon pushing the "crazy" narrative, but everyone knows the truth at this point. Your self-interested attempts at rationalization for your idiocy are pitiful.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334533777' post='2953956']
As opposed to what you have right now? Heh. Also the accusations, you've continually made which aren't agreed upon by present leadership are BS, much like the majority of what you have to say. You were an incompetent alliance leader.

How many times do I have to get the logs where it's explicitly stated that they were sorry for letting you endorse MK's BS against me. Of course your interests depend upon pushing the "crazy" narrative, but everyone knows the truth at this point.
[/quote]

Your behaviour at the time was not a good indicator of you being a capable leader, and your recent behaviour compared with how I knew you a year or so ago is drastically different. You stopped being this calm rational person and full-on lost it. Maybe you're not crazy but you've certainly changed for the worst.

You have no idea what my interests are, you just assume you know what my interests are because you think you know better than everyone else.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1334534238' post='2953961']
Your behaviour at the time was not a good indicator of you being a capable leader, and your recent behaviour compared with how I knew you a year or so ago is drastically different. You stopped being this calm rational person and full-on lost it. Maybe you're not crazy but you've certainly changed for the worst.

You have no idea what my interests are, you just assume you know what my interests are because you think you know better than everyone else.
[/quote]

A leader takes actual positions. Doesn't flail about, doesn't get talked down to by other alliances. I've changed for the better. Calmness has its time and place. Didn't work out too well for me."Lost it" stills implies crazy.

[23:01] <treefinguy> hey dude
[23:01] <Roq[Ephor|Sparta]> hi
[23:01] <treefinguy> a few days old but
[23:01] <treefinguy> <domisafk> if you see roq on can you apologize to him for me
[23:01] <treefinguy> <treefinguy> sure
[23:01] <treefinguy> <treefinguy> what for
[23:01] <treefinguy> <domisafk> for not defending him against mk calling him crazy before

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1334534548' post='2953966']
I've admitted a bunch of times that I didn't do a good job as leader so I don't really see why you keep trying to make that point when I've already made it myself.
[/quote]
That's fine. It's just a retort against you questioning my overall mental health.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334445974' post='2953410']
Well, like someone else said the difference is Archon still holds the position even if he is nominal in power.

I [i]should[/i] still be able to talk for Umbrella, though, but I'm not.
[/quote]

Why should you be able to talk for umbrella?

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1334535062' post='2953972']
I'm actually questioning your leadership skills based on your behaviour as of late.
[/quote]

I don't know, really. Takes a while for things to reach fruition. My behavior is fine.

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1334544605' post='2954030']
do not open that door :P
[/quote]

This, but also the fact that I single-handedly invested more effort in that alliance than anyone else. Not really sure why people like to downplay my achievements. Certainly wasn't like that in the thread about my departure. Though I have come under the impression that people respect the NS and not the man, which is lame, but what can you do?

There is also the fact that I haven't really "changed" in a tangible sense. I've always been an argumentative person and was arguing with a million people on here this time last year.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334337789' post='2952286']
This BS war has gone on long enough while everyone else watches on. People cant aid while this war of annihilation continues without it being a DoW but people can pledge aid for after the war. By pledging to help rebuild Mongols & Kaskus after this war you can show Mongols & Kaskus there is a future for them on Bob while showing PB & DH the middle finger for this act of total aggression the likes of which we haven't seen in a couple of years.

Make a pledge and when they get peace send it in your own time.

I'll get the ball rolling and pledge [size="4"]$54m[/size]
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334544771' post='2954031']
I don't know, really. Takes a while for things to reach fruition. My behavior is fine.

This, but also the fact that I single-handedly invested more effort in that alliance than anyone else. Not really sure why people like to downplay my achievements. Certainly wasn't like that in the thread about my departure. Though I have come under the impression that people respect the NS and not the man, which is lame, but what can you do?

There is also the fact that I haven't really "changed" in a tangible sense. I've always been an argumentative person and was arguing with a million people on here this time last year.
[/quote]

What on earth do you, Roq, have to do with the idea of aiding Kaskus against DH? Are you a DH/PB secret double-agent out to derail every conversation that reflects negatively on DH/PB? If so, you are doing an excellent job. There are plenty of us who would like to "give the middle finger" to those we disagree with, even if not in the way Alterego proposes, but your constant piddling on every surface to make sure we all remember your opinion and legacy (trust me we do oh engineer of DH-NPO and champion of the Roq-MK feud) is frankly counter productive. Alterego's OP is more effective at achieving what you state your purpose to be simply because he hasn't proceeded to make the entire point egocentric.

For the record, I'm not questioning your sanity. I'm questioning your methodology and maybe your sincerity. Leave other people's points alone.

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1334554360' post='2954135']
What on earth do you, Roq, have to do with the idea of aiding Kaskus against DH? Are you a DH/PB secret double-agent out to derail every conversation that reflects negatively on DH/PB? If so, you are doing an excellent job. There are plenty of us who would like to "give the middle finger" to those we disagree with, even if not in the way Alterego proposes, but your constant piddling on every surface to make sure we all remember your opinion and legacy (trust me we do oh engineer of DH-NPO and champion of the Roq-MK feud) is frankly counter productive. Alterego's OP is more effective at achieving what you state your purpose to be simply because he hasn't proceeded to make the entire point egocentric.

For the record, I'm not questioning your sanity. I'm questioning your methodology and maybe your sincerity. Leave other people's points alone.
[/quote]

You forgot to pledge money. :D

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1334554360' post='2954135']

[/quote]

Considering Alterego asked me about this idea before putting it forth, I'm not going to assent to this. If you have a problem with it, don't waste time criticizing me and pledge money and move it back to the aiding. I have been backing up Alterego here. What actually "derailed it," was the eternal war shtick. Get over attacking me.Put your own ideas forth.

it's not about aiding Kaskus against DH. It's about giving them money post-war so they have faith in the community.

In conclusion, read the thread. Mr. Vicarious made the same mistake in the FOK announcement and I think it's too easy for people to scapegoat me.

If my posting undermine's anyones values or ideas, you must really suck. It's not ego-centric and my initial posts were entirely about the aiding until Ardus came in. Again, I ask you to read the thread.

I've said it before if anything I say causes you to not want to take action, perhaps it is with you the problem.

In essence, the maxim you put forth is "Roq's egocentric posting is worse than anything DH has done and consequently $%&@ Roq, and up with DH!"

I personally see it as a convenient excuse to make up for passivity.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1334554744' post='2954141']
You forgot to pledge money. :D
[/quote]
I stated my disagreement with this method of displaying middle fingers. My position is surely clear to those with who have read my admittedly very limited number of statements.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334556818' post='2954164']
In essence, the maxim you...
[/quote]

Read again, breath, don't bother... nvm. You're right, I'm anti-Roq and pro-DH.

Alterego, I admire your mission here, but I will not be pledging any money in this form. I think that there may be other ways to provide the community with hope, and I'd be happy to discuss them in another venue.

Edited by Don Chele

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1334558290' post='2954176']
I stated my disagreement with this method of displaying middle fingers. My position is surely clear to those with who have read my admittedly very limited number of posts.

Read again, breath, don't bother... nvm. You're right, I'm anti-Roq and pro-DH.

Alterego, I admire your mission here, but I will not be pledging any money in this form. I think that there may be other ways to provide the community with hope, and I'd be happy to discuss them in another venue.
[/quote]

No, I guess that's not that the point I'm making. It was too severe of a way of putting it. It's more "Roq is annoying and we want someone who writes BS speeches like Archon, so even though I might agree with him "in theory(in your case it might be action, as well), it is better to do nothing."

I'm an individual who doesn't like DH and has damaged them the most politically in recent times, BUT either you like DH or you don't, independently of me, and my posting should not affect opinions or potential courses of action on that matter.

It can go like this, "I hate Roq and his posting, but he is potentially useful in advancing a DH agenda due to his knowledge of DH's inner workings, so I can dislike him all I want after, but for the time being, I'll leave him alone."

I don't want everyone to like me and especially not if it's at the cost of being demure. I am not a debutante.

What I do offer is assistance in return for any commitment people make to me. In the end it is beneficial for someone to be my friend more than it is to not be my friend/ally.

The poster I am most like is Ardus, oddly enough.

Anyway: I think we can commit at least 92 mil.

Also Mogar still needs to get in here.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1334433042' post='2953291']
Alterego, how does BAPS keep you around when you keep pulling this !@#$?
[/quote]

Our leaders are community leaders not the people who tell us what to do, say or think on pain of expulsion. How is pledging money & showing public support for two micros that are being taken apart by the biggest blocs for no reason other than goons are on a power trip a bad thing in your eyes and the kind of thing that would get me expelled from TOP?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334577686' post='2954219']
Seriously, I'm not sure what the point of all this is.
[/quote]

Consider it the opposite of what you do. Instead of picking on the smallest and demanding money from them. Im trying to help the smallest and give money to them. It is complicated for any goon to understand, so in the spirit of your edit of my earlier post so the average goon will understand it I will explain it in a way you goons will comprehend.

ME GIVE MONEY TO SOME PEOPLE FOR FREE
ME SAY TO OTHER PEOPLE, U GIVE MONEY 2?

I'm sorry I don't have colour crayons to help you read these big words, but if you ask MK or Umbrella they might be able to read it to you when they tuck you into bed at 7pm

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334523010' post='2953844']
They have a number of nations who hold over a billion dollars, therefore the terms as set are more than reasonable. This is further evidenced by the fact that they are only slightly above the number that they themselves proposed on more then one occasion and nearly accepted earlier this week. Moreover, the reason the number was not accepted wasn't due to any purported financial hardship whatsoever. [/quote]

Think this through. If YOU had over a billion dollars, and under unjust attack, would you rather transfer it to your attackers via aid slots? or via nuclear silos?

Simply to ask the question is to answer it, surely.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334558440' post='2954177']
The poster I am most like is Ardus, oddly enough.
[/quote]
I disagree. You're far too dedicated to the mundane task of monitoring tech flows and I'm just far too charming.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1334626222' post='2954582']
I disagree. You're far too dedicated to the mundane task of monitoring tech flows and I'm just far too charming.
[/quote]

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.