CN Grande Give

Alterego

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334523010' post='2953844']
They have a number of nations who hold over a billion dollars, therefore the terms as set are more than reasonable. This is further evidenced by the fact that they are only slightly above the number that they themselves proposed on more then one occasion and nearly accepted earlier this week. Moreover, the reason the number was not accepted wasn't due to any purported financial hardship whatsoever.

Also, this is no more an eternal war then any other run of the mill conflict, claiming as much is ridiculous. I sincerely doubt that even Mongols or Kaskus would support that statement.
[/quote]

Furthermore, 20 of their nations (roughly the upper half of Kaskus/MONGOLS) could send this out each using half their aid slots (3) in [i]one round of aid[/i]. It's literally beyond me how this can be construed as any sort of "extortion."

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334523221' post='2953847']
Well, Impero, Ardus was one the who said it was an eternal war.
[/quote]

As has been stated, Ardus was just voicing an opinion on the conflict, certainly nothing official or anything of the sort.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1334686515' post='2954887']
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1334690265' post='2954921']
I think we're all just secretly mad at DH/MK.

Even more-so that nothing can be done about these feelings whatsoever. :smug:
[/quote]

A lot of things can be done. It's just people need to grow a pair. I hate that it takes six months for a war to happen, for instance.

I mean even in early 2009, Vladimir was still like "It's not up to us to play our B-Game, it's up to you to up your A-Game." The post-Karma generation has no notion of history, unfortunately.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1334689898' post='2954918']
Furthermore, 20 of their nations (roughly the upper half of Kaskus/MONGOLS) could send this out each using half their aid slots (3) in [i]one round of aid[/i]. It's literally beyond me how this can be construed as any sort of "extortion."[/quote]

The only opinion which really counts on whether its extortion or not is the alliance which will be paying it.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334694404' post='2954945']
A lot of things can be done. It's just people need to grow a pair. I hate that it takes six months for a war to happen, for instance.[/quote]

Hey you got your own alliance go start a fire, instead of waiting for people to start their own.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1334707712' post='2955044']
The only opinion which really counts on whether its extortion or not is the alliance which will be paying it.

Hey you got your own alliance go start a fire, instead of waiting for people to start their own.
[/quote]

Because that won't really result in anything. You do realize starting a good fire requires a coalition of people to act? I just mean in general the people who are in established high NS alliances don't really like risking stuff. That's why I said six months is what bothers me. I already pointed out why jumping into like GOONS-Mongols/Kaskus would be stupid.

I mean, there have been multiple instances where major alliances have given people CBs and they won't do anything. I can admit my alliance is irrelevant due to its size and being another martyred micro wouldn't do any good.

There are several treaties right now that no longer make political sense and are cockblocking potential wars:

NoR-MK(irrational treaty)
TOP-MK(lesser since PF can outvote TOP, could be worked around)
NG-IRON

Alterego: How would you feel about committing some of this money to pay off the 172 mil?

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334727253' post='2955212']
Alterego: How would you feel about committing some of this money to pay off the 172 mil?
[/quote]
I think Bloodfury had already offered to pay the reparations when they stood at between 4-500 million. Kaskus and Mongols turned him down.

Courland said there were no objections on a personal level,maybe he was speaking for MOngols too. I remember razorade said he didn't want to feel indebted to anyone and honestly, I wouldn't hold it against them. It'd just be a purely altruistic act. Greatest good for the greatest number principle and such.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334727253' post='2955212']
Because that won't really result in anything. You do realize starting a good fire requires a coalition of people to act?[/quote]

You said you was just sick of waiting 6 months for war, any alliance including yours could start one tomorrow if they were bored of waiting, but you don't so you like every other leader who starts a war prefers to wait until the win/win outcome situation arises as a CB on a lose/lose outcome rarely happens.

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1334689898' post='2954918']
Furthermore, 20 of their nations (roughly the upper half of Kaskus/MONGOLS) could send this out each using half their aid slots (3) in [i]one round of aid[/i]. It's literally beyond me how this can be construed as any sort of "extortion."
[/quote]

This is a really bad argument, because extortion doesn't really have anything to do with ability to pay. It's using force, or the threat of force, to pressure someone into paying. And bringing in a whole bloc is definitely doing that!

In addition, by the same argument, you could say that demanding $700m from GOONS for wearing the wrong colour of sock couldn't be extortion because their top half (80) could do the same thing.

Demanding reparations for [i]any[/i] offensive war is extortion, because you can't blame the damages on the other side when you chose to make it an issue of war.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1334747387' post='2955290']
You said you was just sick of waiting 6 months for war, any alliance including yours could start one tomorrow if they were bored of waiting, but you don't so you like every other leader who starts a war prefers to wait until the win/win outcome situation arises as a CB on a lose/lose outcome rarely happens.
[/quote]

The issue it wouldn't even be 50/50 odds. It'd just be a massive waste of time. I don't want to wait the six months and if enough other people don't want to wait it either, it could happen sooner. I mean, I'm not the only one with this sentiment anyway.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1334764202' post='2955342']
In addition, by the same argument, you could say that demanding $700m from GOONS for wearing the wrong colour of sock couldn't be extortion because their top half (80) could do the same thing.
[/quote]

You, Sir, are treading dangerously close on my next CB. I demand you cease and desist.

And check the [b][color="#FF0000"]c[/color][color="#4169E1"]o[/color][color="#00FF00"]l[/color][color="#FF00FF"]o[/color][color="#2E8B57"]r[/color][/b] of your sock.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1335229438' post='2958122']
So has alterego coughed up his $54 million?
[/quote]

One nation cant aid $54m in 3 days, didn't you know that? Sheesh GOONS really havent got a clue. Ive already traded PMs and told them to let me know where the aid goes.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1334950695']
The money is there when you get peace, hopefully others will help out too. It can be used to pay your reps or help you rebuild. I'll give you a shout when you get peace and you can let me know where to send it.[/quote]

Edited by Alterego

• 2 weeks later...