Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1334323201' post='2952132']
Why haven't they been able to keep Kaskus members staggered? Again, all this shows is either 1. how bad GOONS are at war, or 2. how inactive their nations are. I simply can't think up of an excuse they can use to explain why people like GantanX haven't been staggered at all.
[/quote]
I can tell you why. He's had a considerable tech and cash advantage over our nations in his range. When he started on us, he had ~7-8k tech and was up against dudes with between 1/3 to 1/5 of that. He's been bouncing from between 35-50kNS over the past couple of months - you can see this from his chart. Why? Because he can afford to in order to retain the NS range where he can pick and choose targets. He's been pissing cash up against the wall to keep ahead of the curve that our mid-tier guys can't afford to (they didn't start with big warchests after rebuilding from the last big war) and have been subsequently kept in nuke anarchy and worn down to the lower tiers by the dribble of ex-NEW nations coming into bat against them.

edit: You are quite clearly understating the advantages that they have and overstating the strength of our position.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1334324214' post='2952140']
the big advantage of calling the whole PB is a political one. FOK and VE are alliances that are less "hated" than NG-DH. If GOONS have called the latter they would have taken the risk of having the whole Bob bandwagonIng in favor of Kaskus-Mongols
[/quote]
Now FOK and VE are considered just as hated by those who are able to see the big picture, other than their unconditional support of GOONS, Umbrella hasn't done anything to become hated either. Although when these alliance enable GOONS to extract more reps than they should naturally be able to do, they are all just as bad and are the cause of GOONS being able to do everything they do.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334324414' post='2952142']
Now FOK and VE are considered just as hated by those who are able to see the big picture, other than their unconditional support of GOONS, Umbrella hasn't done anything to become hated either. Although when these alliance enable GOONS to extract more reps than they should naturally be able to do, they are all just as bad and are the cause of GOONS being able to do everything they do.
[/quote]

I wouldnt say that they are "as hated". However it is true that they have lost some political capital.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1334324214' post='2952140']
the big advantage of calling the whole PB is a political one. FOK and VE are alliances that are less "hated" than NG-DH. If GOONS have called the latter they would have taken the risk of having the whole Bob bandwagonIng in favor of Kaskus-Mongols
[/quote]
lol no. you willing to go in to bat for kasgols? yeah neither is anyone else

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334324043' post='2952138']
Their strategy going into this war wasn't to call in all of PB, they were forced to do it since their original strategy of trying to fight by themselves didn't work. This is an embarrassment for them and I'm sure even some of their allies are face palming that they need to mobilize all of PB to take on two micro alliances. When GOONS declared on Mongols, I remember at least one member of GOONS said he would quit the alliance if they had to call in allies to fight some micros when I predicted they would need to.
[/quote]

Well, in that they made a mistake, they should have absolutely flattened all of them immediately. I'm sure it's really embarassing if you're as hell bent on ignoring so much of what makes PB so potent as so many appear to be, but assessing things rationally it's not much of a surprise, is it? It's also notable that the nature of the war itself has changed throughout against the advantage of GOONS, both Kaskus and war tourists have been completely out of their comfort zone, and they should have made this move a week ago.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1334324643' post='2952145']
lol no. you willing to go in to bat for kasgols? yeah neither is anyone else
[/quote]

Not at all. I actually not sure if I known any of them. However, I am sure there are people out there that would love any excuse to hit "some alliances"

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1334324129' post='2952139']
I can tell you why. He's had a considerable tech and cash advantage over our nations in his range. When he started on us, he had ~7-8k tech and was up against dudes with between 1/3 to 1/5 of that. He's been bouncing from between 35-50kNS over the past couple of months - you can see this from his chart. Why? Because he can afford to in order to retain the NS range where he can pick and choose targets. He's been pissing cash up against the wall to keep ahead of the curve that our mid-tier guys can't afford to (they didn't start with big warchests after rebuilding from the last big war) and have been subsequently kept in nuke anarchy and worn down to the lower tiers by the dribble of ex-NEW nations coming into bat against them.

edit: You are quite clearly understating the advantages that they have and overstating the strength of our position.
[/quote]

This post is far too concrete and grounded in reality for people to actually take note, respond, and drop the criticism. However, its 100% the case and the reason why I hit that particular nation myself (I've been watching it unfold).

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334324414' post='2952142']
[/quote]

Well, there is only one man who can open the world's eyes. I think you know what to do, time to fly the standard of Boopeep's Lexus or whatever high once more.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1334324905' post='2952149']
Not at all. I actually not sure if I known any of them. However, I am sure there are people out there that would love any excuse to hit "some alliances"
[/quote]

You're welcome to start ... oh wait you're from Sparta. Carry on.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1334304621' post='2952028']
words
[/quote]
hurf durf smurf, wearing our PoW AA, I see.

C'mon son, where's your sense of pride in your alliance?

edit:

[/quote]
Sweet, let's hope they decide to roll up for some fun then - this war has been piss boring for me so far.

[/quote]
ok, except you just disproved your earlier point about them risking 'having the whole Bob bandwagonIng in favor of Kaskus-Mongols'

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334324997' post='2952150']
Well, there is only one man who can open the world's eyes. I think you know what to do, time to fly the standard of Boopeep's Lexus or whatever high once more.
[/quote]
You guys are doing that effectively enough on your own. GOONS should probably disband before they drag the name GOONS through the mud even more, in their previous incarnation I had some respect for GOONS. Although the longer this new GOONS drags the name through the mud, all memories of a GOONS alliance who wasn't a complete joke have faded.

Edited by Methrage

Are you serious right now? You called in 2 blocs for assistance against these guys?

Someone please remind me to read the wiki entry of this war when its finished XD

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1334324129' post='2952139']

[/quote]
Ok, I didn't know GantanX was rebuying that much. Fair enough.

Still doesn't explain why Kaskus were able to keep more offensive declarations against yourselves though.

[quote name='Hydian Way' timestamp='1334325930' post='2952163']
Hegemony Era curb stomps, perfect for when your dumb ass bit off more than you could chew in terms of Manhattan Project to member ratio.
[/quote]

Did the hegemony ever curb stomp with Wat....800 v 20 odds?

This is actually a serious question :P

Edit: 942 v 20

Edited by Lurunin

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1334325797' post='2952161']
Still doesn't explain why Kaskus were able to keep more offensive declarations against yourselves though.
[/quote]
Perhaps you haven't been following this war closely enough.

Speaking honestly, we were ill-prepared for the war that Kaskus has waged this far - we weren't expecting for them to receive reinforcements from NEW and our nations had reasonable warchests but not they were generally not big enough to wage a nuclear war for a month and a half, particularly not after the last global conflict from which we were still rebuilding. Our smaller nations, mainly tech sellers and raiders, were not well equipped to respond to nuke & wonder equipped nations in the low tiers. Inactivity, like in most alliances, plays a factor too.

edit: We certainly have some lessons to take away from this war but I see them as positive ones. As I said elsewhere, these types of wars can serve to harden alliances and focus on what needs to be fixed, or give up and exit stage left. I think we'll be in the former category ;)

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1334323201' post='2952132']
I simply can't think up of an excuse they can use to explain why people like GantanX haven't been staggered at all.
[/quote]

I dont understand why people need to stagger GantanX. He is not that good in war.

And 1 more thing, please dont send kids to fight me.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1334326482' post='2952172']
Perhaps you haven't been following this war closely enough.

Speaking honestly, we were ill-prepared for the war that Kaskus has waged this far - we weren't expecting for them to receive reinforcements from NEW and our nations had reasonable warchests but not they were generally not big enough to wage a nuclear war for a month and a half, particularly not after the last global conflict from which we were still rebuilding. Our smaller nations, mainly tech sellers and raiders, were not well equipped to respond to nuke & wonder equipped nations in the low tiers. Inactivity, like in most alliances, plays a factor too.

edit: We certainly have some lessons to take away from this war but I see them as positive ones. As I said elsewhere, these types of wars can serve to harden alliances and focus on what needs to be fixed, or give up and exit stage left. I think we'll be in the former category ;)
[/quote]
The only response you will receive is an appeal to the inflated value of "PR", perhaps a petty insult, and some remark about how raiding is evil and therefore raiders shouldn't be protected from CNARF-like interventions.

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1334323018' post='2952128']
Your missing the point. Theres no reason you would have to fight GOONS and Umbrella alone. There strengths complement their allies strength and the bloc as a whole ends up stronger
[/quote]

I'll be expecting another announcement from Pandora's Box very soon when a little rogue hits GOONs? or any other member of PB because the strength of allies and the bloc as a whole ends up stronger? :rolleyes: