A United Equestria Announcement

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1328337276' post='2914344']
How in the name of Allah did you get 99 members?

... grats on the milstone, even if I disagree with everything your alliance stands for.

When I was a child I played with robots who could change into vehicles, not ponies.
[/quote]

Agh, right? That would be so much cooler!

WTF is up with kids today? Ponies? Ugh... It's some sort of post-hipster ironic humor thing.

It's so weird.

Well, anyway, congrats again.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1328337276' post='2914344']
How in the name of Allah did you get 99 members?

... grats on the milstone, even if I disagree with everything your alliance stands for.

When I was a child I played with robots who could change into vehicles, not ponies.
[/quote]

Word. Transformers are legit.

We got 99 problems, but recruitment ain't one.

So many 'joke' alliances have come before United Equestria and failed, yet UE seems to be doing okay, having gained its 100th member and made the 1 million NS strength mark in just under half a year.

Their recruitment efforts and bottom-up development are as just as good as most of the big alliances' back in the early days of CN.

This is actually a thing and speaks volumes of your character:

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/uploads/av-1668.png[/img]

[quote name='Zephyr Lite' timestamp='1328305009' post='2913992']
[IMG]http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l506/ZephyrLite/PoniesandTanks.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've seen hundreds of pictures like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The pictures were just windows to a past I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this picture made me stop and evaluate. Putting Rainbow Dash in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those motions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1328344057' post='2914365']
This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've seen hundreds of pictures like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The pictures were just windows to a past I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this picture made me stop and evaluate. Putting Rainbow Dash in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those motions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.
[/quote]
Props for this reference.

Congrats on continuing to survive UE. You are very, very lucky to be a short chain from NPO.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1328379621' post='2914498']
probably shouldn't have reminded everyone that you do in fact, still exist.
[/quote]

Why not, they did beat Sparta. Fear their power.

I've never understood why even people who hate the theme end up disliking the alliance as a whole. UE is one of the few alliances successfully engaged in external recruiting, meaning they are one of the few alliances [ooc]bringing new players to the game[/ooc]. If anything this is something we need more of and should be encouraging. All that aside though, congrats UE.

Edited by iamthey

Congrats to the Lady and Gentleman pony lovers. Keep growing Bob anyway you can ;) Repopulation should be applauded not viewed with distain. I am not a Bronie or fan of the theme personally, but I support anyone who has the fortitude to work towards a common goal and enjoys their community. Noone on Bob looks for anything more than the community/alliance that they fit best in and actually enjoy.

oo/UE

Congrats again! :)

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1328381267' post='2914512']
I've never understood why even people who hate the theme end up disliking the alliance as a whole.
[/quote]

It's more often the other way around. People who dislike the alliance dislike the theme.

[quote name='Legatus Equus' timestamp='1328317506' post='2914153']
o/ United Equestria! Here's to many more NS milestones with you all!
[/quote]

Yes with some luck, hopefully their 100 nations will cross the 50k tech mark at some point, ever. Break out the champagne.

I've never understood why even people who hate the theme end up disliking the alliance as a whole. UE is one of the few alliances successfully engaged in external recruiting, meaning they are one of the few alliances [ooc]bringing new players to the game[/ooc]. If anything this is something we need more of and should be encouraging. All that aside though, congrats UE.
[/quote]
I have no real reason to dislike them on the basis of theme other than that it results in having to personally catch more flak (a matter . I dislike the alliance because it is led by an individual who spent the entirety of his prior history making an ass of himself. He then realized the potential an evangelical fandom and utilized it for an invasion.

[/quote]

[quote name='deathcat' timestamp='1328425070' post='2914827']
Congrats to the Lady and Gentleman pony lovers. Keep growing Bob anyway you can ;) Repopulation should be applauded not viewed with distain. I am not a Bronie or fan of the theme personally, but I support anyone who has the fortitude to work towards a common goal and enjoys their community. Noone on Bob looks for anything more than the community/alliance that they fit best in and actually enjoy.

oo/UE

Congrats again! :)
[/quote]

By these bits of logic, does this mean I can reform /b/?